IMDb > Legally Blondes (2009) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Legally Blondes

Legally Blondes (V) More at IMDbPro »

Don't watch this, please.

Author: Nicky from Europe
6 October 2010

I watched the second part of "Legally Blonde" and I liked it. And then, I watched this at a friends house, and I really didn't like it at all. The acting was beyond horrible ( I later saw that the twins were pulled from an audience and became actresses, which is silly), and the accents were even worse. Not that And that's coming from me! I'm no kind of expert, and I'm not from UK, and I still saw how terrible the accents were. It's all so predictable, and it was the kind of movie that should make you laugh, but really never does. I mean, I'm 13 years old, and I didn't like the movie. If I don't like it, who will? It's all fluffy and pink and blonde and glam and it's all about the rich girls with great lives in fairytale houses and with a bunch of ugly clothes (that they think is fancy). Overall, a huge waste of my time, don't even think about watching it. Horrible.

In The Woods Family Tradition

Author: bkoganbing from Buffalo, New York
6 April 2011

For the life of me I cannot understand the distaste for Legally Blondes by other viewers. It's a Disney Studio product geared at the teen market and hopefully launching Milly and Becky Rosso as a distaff version of the Sprouse twins. What was everyone expecting?

Possibly they were expecting something on the order of Reese Witherspoon with that title and the fact that the Rosso twins were made to be cousins of Reese's film character. I guess everyone's expectations were raised to ridiculous levels. The relationship to the film Legally Blonde was not even necessary for the film's story to unfold.

Very simply the twins come over from the United Kingdom because they're widowed dad Christopher Cousins gets a teaching position. They are put in a posh prep school where after they challenge the reign of snobbish Brittany Curran as the queen of the school, they form their own set and with fashion sense and common sense win over a lot of kids.

But that doesn't sit well with Curran who with her minion Chad Broskey tries to frame one of the girls and a boy she's dating, Bobby Campo, in a cheating scandal. She also tries to split the twins themselves and almost succeeds.

For some reason school principal Lisa Bane takes an instant dislike to the ingenuous Rosso girls. That's never really gone into except that Bane is on some power trip. They're nice kids, who could dislike them except evil people.

The girls appeared on The Suite Life Of Zack and Cody and this film was the Magic Kingdom's way of hopefully launching them as attractions. Don't be surprised if they don't get their own TV series from Disney yet.

As for Legally Blondes it's amusing enough if you're not expecting Reese Witherspoon.

Not as good as LEGALLY BLONDE but on par with LEGALLY BLONDE 2

Author: lippy-8 from South Africa
11 June 2016

Having seen and bought the first two in the series I would rate this an 8 Legally Blonde 1 was excellent Legally Blonde 2 was fair but had a very disappointing ending Legally Blondes was also fair but enjoyable Despite what many critics say there are many references and incidents from the first two movies They are very similar in many ways and several of the scenes are reminiscent of LB 1 Warning spoilers The party fiasco The shoe incident The outburst at the end by Tiffany The rejecting of the twins by the rest of the school The acting might not have been the best but Everyone carried off their roles well The downfall of Tiffany was most welcome because it was carried off very well by the actress to make her much disliked and showed how shallow and vain a person can be and how family class and snobbery is so rife in our schools today I DO recommend this movie and am very contented to have this as part of my LEGALLY BLONDE COLLECTION I hope a Sequel will be made soon which I DEFINITITLY will add to my collection

Painful

Author: lynseyrox
17 April 2013

If I had to describe this movie in one word it would be 'painful'. The twins (identical, what else?) spoke in unison for practically the entire movie and had some stupid hand gesture they did (think Amber and Ashley from Hannah Montana but remove the humour).

One of the more annoying aspects was that because the girls were identical and went to a private school (meaning there was a strict uniform) you couldn't tell them apart at all. One of the girls was supposed to be smarter than the other and one of them had a huge fear of public speaking. I have no idea if this was the same girl or not because the movie made no effort to help out the audience distinguish between them. This made half the 'plot' very confusing - most of the movie required knowing who was who. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against movies starring twins. I love the Parent Trap and really enjoy watching Mary-Kate and Ashley movies because you know which twin is which and there is something actually resembling a plot.

Also there was little to no "legal" content save for a quick trial of sorts at the end of the movie, which I highly doubt should have been done by high-school students. I really wish I could get the two hours of my life back from watching this movie. I really don't recommend it.

Quite funny , very cheesy , very girlie and pink . Not as good as the first two but I rather liked it though

Author: tashadeans from United Kingdom
16 April 2011

Extremely cheesy , very pink and rather funny at times it is not as good as the first two but I rather liked it though. I wasn't keen on the fake English accents though ! But it is quite entertaining and a bit of comedy. I wish Reese Witherspoon was in it though . I liked the idea of how they added cool designs and badges and things to the boring uniform . I personally thought the film would be awful but I was wrong it is a rubbish good movie if that makes sense . In ways it was rubbish fake English accents , rather superficial and a bit to pink but I was surprisingly good in a way . I would recommend it to girls of 11-15 ( I'm 14 though I was 13 when I last watched it ) I doubt very much boys would like it unless the fancied they twins which is possible because they are kinda pretty and blonde.

A disappointing sequel that does not entertain and is not glamorous

Author: Gordon-11 from Earth
24 December 2009

This film is about two blonde twins from Britain, moving to the USA to study in their famous cousin's school.

"Legally Blondes" is a low budget rip off of the first "Legally Blonde". The storyline is basically the same, only that it happens in a high school, and every that could have looked glamorous is downgraded to stuff you find in a neighbourhood charity store. A fluffy chick flick has this obligatory shopping scene of trying different glamorous outfits in a store, but it does not even look glamorous or entertaining. I also could not tell between Izzy and Annie, as the film makes no distinction between them whatsoever. Maybe it was the intention of the filmmakers, but as a viewer I would like to know which is which when I am watching the film. In addition, the level of intelligence in "Legally Blondes" is woefully inadequate, it makes it seem like a teenage version of "Legally Blonde" but a lot worse. In short, "Legally Blondes" is a disappointing sequel.

Disappointing

Author: steved-999-828699
16 October 2013

I loved Legally Blonde (first one) and Legally Blonde Red white and blonde.

What was so disappointing was not the acting, but the complete lack of any appearance by the character Elle Woods. While Reese Witherspoon was a producer, her character was completely erased from the movie.

Her character could have been fitted in, but the writers could have cared less abut the audience. I didn't buy the story that she was busy lobbying in Washington. If true, like the movies before, Elle Woods could have been in those scenes, like she was in the previous legally Blonde.

Also, in the previous movies, she often went back and forth to LA. This movie she literally disappeared. And not single photo of her wedding or Emmett in her home, leading me to believe her marriage did not last long, since it was said to be HER home, not theirs.

Buy the DVD and get rid of it at the same day

Author: Han Hui from China
8 October 2009

I enjoyed Legally Blond first (rate 7), and Legally Blond second (rate 5) was not too bad, so when I was looking for something light, I picked up this Legally Blonds three. Never I expected this movie would be this LIGHT (well, they don't have 0 point something)!

I think the story is far from original. If there are many people who want to see this, it must be because it's title and how it mentions Elle Woods (who didn't appear for the whole movie)! So unfair!

The dialogs between the twins were like a joke. The acting was awful and the play itself didn't help much. The movie was just too full of exaggerations (and most of them are not so enjoyable to see).

The DVD ended in my trash after some fast forwards. What a waste of my time and money. I would never recommend this movie to anybody!

A very DISAPPOINTING movie

Author: Shounak Reza from Bangladesh
2 July 2011

If you see all the three movies of the Legally Blonde series, you will find that the third one, ''Legally Blondes'', is the worst one. Certainly the worst one. The 2001 movie ''Legally Blonde'' was certainly a VERY excellent movie, but the second movie ''Legally Blonde 2: Red, White and Blonde'' was not as good as the first one. But ''Legally Blondes'', the third one, is really a VERY horrible movie. A film like ''Legally Blonde'' must not have a sequel like ''Legally Blondes''.

If you ask, what type of film ''Legally Blondes'' is? I'll say: There are two themes and they are: funny and fashion. The movie is about the stylish cousins of Elle Woods (one of my favorite fictional characters), Annie and Izzy, who know nothing except fashion. Will this film make you laugh? Yes, it will make you laugh. But it will not touch your heart like ''Legally Blonde'' (2001) touched your heart. Because watching the movie ''Legally Blondes'' (2009) is nothing but a time waste.

The worst actor performance I've ever seen

Author: m-angelova from Sofia, Bulgaria
13 November 2009

I don't even know how to explain this, because I've never seen it before. Simply, I didn't find a single actor to act well in this movie, although it was not a low budget movie. My boyfriend just said that they wrote "Looking for low budget actors" for the casting. If you liked "Legally Blonde" don't watch this one, they have nothing in common. By the way the camera guy shooting during the landscape scenes is great, but the one that shoots during people talk obviously doesn't know how to hold the camera. So obviously it was the worst movie I've seen in a lot of time and I regret I choose to watch this one instead of "Disaster movie"