IMDb > "Gilmore Girls" Bon Voyage (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Gilmore Girls: Bon Voyage (#7.22)"

"Gilmore Girls" Bon Voyage (2007)

« Prev | 154 of 154 Episodes

Perfect ending to a great show

Author: mysteriousm17 from United States
16 May 2007

I'll admit I found myself crying the entire episode. After what I would call a disastrous last season (come on what was up with Loreili marrying Christopher) this episode reminded me of why I loved the show so much in the first place. It was the perfect ending to a great series,it had everything from great mother/daughter moments, a grand romantic gesture from Luke (I won't go into details about that but he is so sweet :) and what makes it even better is that he acts just as wonderfully as he always does.), and even a completely disturbing but totally in character speech from Taylor. Oh and all of you Luke/Loreili fans you will not be disappointed. This episode was just perfect. I can't believe the show is over but what more can you say about seven wonderful years.

Bon Voyage Gilmore Girls

Author: james-beck17-1 (james.beck17@comcast.net) from United States
18 May 2007

I found the last episode of the "Gilmore Girls" somewhat unexciting and flat. I really wish that we the viewers could have seen what Amy Sherman-Palladino's ending would have been like. I have read that she knew what the ending was going to be when she began the series. I really hope that viewers are treated to her ending sometime down the road. I would really like to see "closure" of the series the way it was meant to be. I think that Amy Sherman-Palladino could not have been happy with the ending that was shown. In any case I would like to thank Amy Sherman-Palladino for a wonderful series. I don't think that there will ever be another series quite like it.

good bye Gilmore girls!

Author: fhockeyhottie05 from United States
19 May 2007

i'll be the first to admit i've been pretty much addicted Gilmore girls since about season 2. I'll also be the first to admit how disappointed i am about season 7. David Rosenthal spent far to long with the Chris/Lorelai plot and completely ruined the season for all Luke/lorelai fans (which, hello, is ALL OF US).

however, i give him props for the finale. everyone in that series was given their moments with the Gilmore girls from lane and sookie, to Richard and Luke. even though the ending left me unsatisfied, the idea was a good one.

thank you Gilmore girls for making my Tuesday nights so much more fun. I'll miss it, but i'll never forget it and neither will any other Gilmore fans out there!! Luke and lorelai forever and ever:)

Boy Voyage

Author: candyfan-1 from U.S.A.
22 February 2010

I found this episode to be everything it needed to be. While some things were a bit rushed in the last several episodes - Loreali goes from marriage to Christopher to single mom status in a hurray - it all seems to fit.

We all wanted to see Luke and Loreali resolve their relationship. They do. Loreali holds back tears upon learning Luke did all the work in throwing a going away party for Rory. She immediately walks over to his place and thanks him. Luke stumbles out the right words about "just wanting to see you happy." Under her breath, you barely hear Loreali say one word - "Luke". And the rest is history for all time.

It doesn't take much imagination to know that all ends well in this little make believe town for Rory, Loreali and Luke, especially the last two. Thank you Amy, cast and crew too, for a splendid run of acting and written dialogue from start to finish!

Not the Best Ending to an Amazing Show

Author: bexwert from United States
30 May 2007

After years of watching Lorelai, Rory and the rest of Stars Hollow grow up, it was finally time to say:"Bon Voyage!". But, I think that this was not quite the goodbye Gilmore girls dissevered. After seven years, it may have been time to say goodbye, but not in the way they did. And considering that there were some very important characters missing, it was a disappointment. Where were some of the most controversial and important characters like Christopher and Mrs. Kim. Also, we were missing some regulars; Paris, Logan (but only because of what happened the week before, T.J. (odd, because Liz is there), Gil and a few more. All in all, I feel like this wasn't quite the right ending to an amazing show, although, Lorelai's "moment" with Luke, was a step in the right direction. Hopefully, this won't be the true ending to this spectacular show, which has delighted many for seven years.

So good! but sad

Author: Nakamuraislove from Canada
15 May 2007

I am not going to try to give anything anyone but I'm sorry if I do. The last episode, how sad is that, the being of the episode did not make it seem like it would be then then later on it did. I love what Luke did for Lorelai. It made me so happy and mad me realize how much I am going to miss Gilmore Girls. I also love how the town keeps what they are planning a Secert throughout the whole episode, it makes me so happy but what really get me is what happens at the end, the whole ending is just a heart warming ending that will more than likely make you cry. It was a really good last episode and personial I don't think they could of ending it better.

my feelings toward the ending of GG

Author: hellojaychow from United States
19 May 2007

i really don't think this is a wonderful ending for the GG. What happened to the Lorelai/April relationship? We really didn't get to see much of their relationship after the episode of Hay Bale maze. As well as the Luke/Rory relationship? I think Rory should know that Luke was the one who started the whole graduation party for her. How about the Richard/Emily/Luke relationship? Does Emily still hate/dislike Luke? How come we didn't get to see how Luke gave the necklace to Lorelai? At least, we get to see the relationship of Emily/Richard/Lorelai/Rory, Lorelai/Luke/Rory. The kiss was wonderful. and it was the first and last kiss in the 7th season. I really wish there were an 8th season.

Bummed

Author: Jen-e-bean from United States
8 February 2015

It was rushed and not well thought out. I agree with another reviewer that Logan and Rory should have ended up together in a flash forward scene at their wedding - that would have been much better. We could have seen Paris & Doyle together already married plus Luke & Lorelei.There could have been so many possibilities and answers thrown in the future episode. It seems as though the writers changed towards the end and it was not the same show. I only kept watching for closure which sadly I do not feel that I got by watching. Logan was a catch and Rory should have realized it wasn't going to get much better than him. Just think of the kids they could of had together!

the end

Author: pinkjjjez from United Kingdom
8 January 2009

I thought the last episode was dead boring and sort of didn't really do anything for the series. I was expecting a big exciting happy ending and was disappointed when that didn't happen. And the episode before the last one where Rory refused Logans proposal was just awful i think that they should of been together to the end and it was a bit stupid because they loved each other sooo much but she decided not to marry him so why didn't they just stay together? i was wanting Logan to be in the last episode. I think the end episode should of been fast forwarded about a year or so and you see Logan and Rory getting married and Lorelai and Luke getting married in like a double ceremony or something that would be way better!!!!!