IMDb > "The Sopranos" Kennedy and Heidi (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"The Sopranos: Kennedy and Heidi (#6.18)"

"The Sopranos" Kennedy and Heidi (2007)

« Prev | 83 of 86 Episodes | Next »

The beginning of the end

Author: itssosublime from United States
20 May 2007

With the clock running out and tensions rising within the Soprano family of organized crime, everyone knew something had to give. I won't spoil the plot line for anybody, but let's just say some people need to learn when to keep their eyes on the road. This was a very sad, yet revealing episode that shows us Tony's therapy sessions have done very little to lessen his anger and resentment towards his nephew. Just as Tony is beginning to feel relief, A.J. is sent reeling once again after his friends prove to be cut from the same cloth as many of his fathers gangster associates. While watching this episode one gets the feeling that there will be no more holding back. It appears the writers have saved their best for last and intend to go out with a bang, along with a maybe a good whack or two? I guess we'll see.

Life's too short

Author: Max_cinefilo89 from Italy
2 June 2008

This is where it really begins: the final countdown. All the things that have been set in motion at the start of the season are coming together, lining up for the end of the greatest show ever created for television. The last four episodes are basically a four-part finale, one that kicks off with a real bang.

In the previous episode, Christopher Moltisanti was seen drinking, doing drugs and eventually shooting his friend JT Dolan - all clear hints of a bad outcome for Tony's nephew. Kennedy and Heidi begins with Tony and Chris meeting Phil for a deal. As usual, Phil's behavior is all but helpful, meaning everyone leaves with a sour aftertaste in their mouths. In the case of Tony and Chrissy, the evening ends particularly badly as they have an accident on the highway (the episode's title is also explained on this occasion) and Chris dies as a result. Struggling with contradictory feelings, Tony snaps at Dr. Melfi for her not being able to help him and deals with the aftermath of his nephew's death his own way. Also unable to cope with his emotions is AJ. who falls back into depression after realizing his "friends" are no different from the mobsters his father works with.

Over the years, a lot of recurring characters have bit the dust because of their involvement with Tony: Pussy, Ralphie, Adriana and Tony B. are just a few of them. And yet seeing Christopher leave the series in that way is almost too overwhelming: those other characters had "about to die" written all over them from a certain point on; Chrissy, on the other hand, looked like someone who would make it to the series finale, and as a consequence his departure is a lot more shocking. Michael Imperioli knows this and uses his final minutes of screen time like no one else, lending massive emotional power to his last "confrontation" with Gandolfini. As for the latter, his performance is staggering to say the least: just watch the closing scene and you will wonder how on Earth James Spader managed to get the Emmy he should have received.

Whatta ya gonna do?

Author: loudprincess from United States
13 May 2007

OK, this first part is for those of you who haven't seen it: One of those episodes that you CANNOT miss. Don't miss the first fifteen minutes. There are reasons why HBO only gives short, vague synopsis for each episode. Do yourself a favor and don't read any spoilers about this one. Seriously.

Speaking of....

*******************SPOILERS!!***********************

We've all been looking for something to happen to CM, but I certainly wasn't expecting what happened tonight. It's ironic to me that this installment comes the week after Christopher shot J.T. without much reason to do so.

Sure, Tony has had reasons to be irritated with Chris, but making him asphyxiate on his own blood? Oh, and I loved the bit with Paulie being mad over the low attendance at Nucci's wake. Even after the teary-eyed speech about how he may not have treated Chris well, Paulie can find a reason to feel slighted, and by a dead guy, no less.

Great episode. I can't wait for next week!

sad inevitability

Author: Farid Vij from United States
15 May 2007

to be honest i was a little disgusted with tony ending it for chrissie although i cant say i was too surprised. i have to agree though that show is building up to a season finale, which may or may not be the best idea. i guess they have stopped developing the plot simply because it is going to end very soon and they want to emphasize the internal conflicts for the different characters. it was definitely a solid episode and one where you learn a lot about tony. chris was my favorite character so i have to say it was sad to see him go but thats just what makes this show so great, it brings you into reality. anyone who has followed this show throughout will take a lot away from this episode, but if you're the occasional viewer don't be surprised if you end up confused

Awesome episode

Author: thylacine666 from Sydney, Australia
14 May 2007

Excellent episode! I was quite shocked to see what Tony did, though by the end of the episode I guess I could see why; I just didn't realise his feelings had soured so much. It's an interesting development to say the least, but I suppose not too surprising considering how close to the end of the show we are.

Glad to see AJ realising how problematic his renewed friendships are too; those horrible little thugs'll end up dragging him to his doom along with them, possibly a much worse fate than he'd face even if he went along the same lines as his dad; these guys are just stupid thugs, and stupid thugs get caught.

A little update for those wondering, the drop-dead gorgeous girl from Vegas is Sarah Shahi (full cast listed on TV.com, so I went through each female whose character name I didn't recognised and ran them through IMDb hah).

Kennedy and Heidi (#6.18)

Author: ComedyFan2010 from Canada
30 March 2014

Tony and Chris are riding in a car and Chris gets it into an accident. Tony also ends his life. Chris's death is shock to many even Paulie. After his funeral Tony goes to Vegas to tell the news to a friend of Chris. And AJ has a revelation about his friends who have a mob mentality.

Chris's death really came out of nowhere. Actually it seemed a bit out of place. It is not surprising because it is so close to the end and I feel many will die now. But it is hard to describe yet it seemed to not have a highlight moment like most other deaths on the show did. Really would think Chris would die in a different way. Was surprising to see Tony kill him I must say. I did though like what Paulie has said when he found it out.

didn't feel right

Author: ValerinAmberz from Thailand
4 June 2008

***WARNING SPOILERS*** Unworthy finale for one of the lead characters of the show. I was disappointed over which way the writers took this story. The killing of Christopher didn't feel concurrent with the strong relationship he had with Tony. His death felt rushed and without any interesting circumstances. Nothing leading up to it. It was simply a spare of the moment thing, which to me was unworthy of the character that we now have been following for 6 seasons. And also, how many car-crashes haven't we seen in this show? It's starting to become repetitive. There are a thousand more interesting and logical ways which could have produced his death. I would've preferred a "better death" for him or even living. It's hard to keep "liking" (in lack of a better word) Tony after this. He had many reasons to kill him yes, but after all that they had been through it felt as though they were inseparable. Even for a gangster-character this thing felt more like the writers had to wrap it up fast.

sorry....hated it

Author: Smails from United States
14 May 2007

I am a huge fan of the show, but I have to say I have been very disappointed in this season...and its not because there hasn't been a lot of action or bloodshed...its because they seem to be giving inner meaning with every single little scene. I thought the way Chrissy died was great and yes, the girl in Vegas was smokin hot, but I am getting tired of feeling like I am just being set up for the season finale. It just seems like every scene is just a way to keep us guessing on how the show is going to end, rather than actually concentrating on a consistent storyline. Again, I love this show, but personally, if this season was the first season, I never would have made it past the first year. But that's just how I feel, and based on the couple of comments I've seen so far, I think I may be in the minority.

will miss Chris

Author: Fino from United States
16 May 2007

I am sorry to see Christopher bow out of the show like that... what a disappointment!!! Christopher was deep character and played with such passion by Micheal Imperioli. I was hoping that Christopher would be the last man standing at the end of the show. For all of the grief he was getting from the guys about being on the program and trying to get himself straight it would have been great to see him finally conquer his demons and give payback to those that crossed him.

By the way, Does anyone know what the name of the actress is who plays Sonya the woman that Tony hooks up with in Vegas (Christopher's friend)???

She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

Chris didn't deserve to die but he might not be

Author: Cameron_Moltisanti from Australia
26 July 2007

WARNING SPOILERS BEWARE

This is my least favorite episode as Christopher Moltisanti, my favorite character on The Sopranos. Tony did have his reasons to murder Chris, Chris took drugs after Rehab which was a stupid thing to do and Tony had warned him to keep of drugs but took no notice. But instead of trying to help him once more he whacked him in cold blood and even in Christopher's final moments he knew he was being murder in cold blood. Tony had a heart of Stone for Chris from that moment onwards and killed him in cold blood. But Chrissy might still be alive as in Season 2 of The Sopranos he began taking acting lessons when Tony killed Chris might have faked his death and might have gone into hiding. He couldn't walk but the Ambulance took him away even though they thought he was dead. In my opinion Chris is still alive.