"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" Lab Rats (2007)

« Prev | 161 of 337 Episodes | Next »

The Always-Strange 'Hodges' Turns Hero, So To Speak

Author: ccthemovieman-1 from United States
31 December 2008

This episode was not as good as I had hoped after seeing the premise in the opening scene....yet some scenes were riveting. Overall, there was too much repetitiveness (flashbacks from previous episodes), and only a half-successful attempt at succeeding with humor between these "lab rats" at CSI.

One of them is a bit too mean-spirited, too. That's "Wendy Simms" (Liz Vassey) who has a nasty mouth and attitude. He had "Hodges" (Wallace Langham), don't get along, but she instigates the nasty stuff. The others include "Archie" (Archie Johnson) and one or two others whose names escape me. Sorry. Most of them are mainly in it for the humor.

Hodges, as everyone who follows this show knows, is weird, to begin with, so anything he says is taken with a grain of salt. While the main CSI people are at other crime scenes, it is he who decides to ask his fellow rats (minus one: Wendy, which partly explains her attitude problem) to see if they can solve the "The Miniature Killer" case, perhaps seeing things the fieldworkers cannot see.

That's the good premise, but little is done except for repeating scenes from previous shows and the group bickering with constant put-downs. Finally, Hodges does come up with something in common with all four murders: bleach. Later, Grissom "buys it" and Hodges is one happy man. End of show.

I loved this episode

Author: shitting from Los Angeles, CA
7 July 2016

I really loved this episode. I think it could have been a hair better when it comes to all the lab rats' participation. However, I enjoyed the premise and overall the execution was well done. Seeing Wendy doesn't hurt, she's absolutely gorgeous! Most importantly the humor was through dialogue. It was not born from a situation, like a farce. This was a smart way to do it. They put a lot of thought into this episode, especially with each lab rat dropping off until only Hodges is left. That I think was artistic license, and I'll have to ruminate on why they wrote it that way. Perhaps as each character drops off, the story and the interactions become more personal.

Will definitely watch again.

The one where the writers try something different ....

Author: LoveIsAStateOfMind from United Kingdom
29 December 2015

Am slightly concerned that based on the last episode, and the whole shaving scene three episodes ago, CSI is turning into a parody of its former self.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed 'Lab Rats'. I really did. I love Archie like woah and I think Wendy's really cool. (Though before this episode I liked Hodges but by the end of 'Lab Rats' he really started to grate on me.) The brief moments with the other CSIs were funny and amusing.

But SO NOT CSI.

So the basic idea of this episode was to remind the audience of the miniature killer story so far so the flashbacks were pretty dull as I've seen all the episodes but I can understand why they wanted to do this.......... but they went waaaaay too far with the physical humour. The whole Grissom/Doc/Rat thing was borderline but Hodges' flashback?????!!!!!!!!!! (And Wendy really reminds me of Sara in the good old days. Just thought I'd throw that out there.)