IMDb > Ready, Set, Bag! (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Paper or Plastic?

Ready, Set, Bag! More at IMDbPro »Paper or Plastic? (original title)

A really great captivating adventure of 8 individuals!

Author: cheryl-gleason from United States
16 September 2008

What a great journey through the lives and excitement of these 8 individuals. The characters are well developed and you really feel the intensity of the event. It is both funny and endearing. I really would have liked to meet these 8 individuals in person.

It was intriguing to see the differences in the types of bag offs around the country. It seemed that for some it was not a big deal until you got to Las Vegas and to others (California)the big show was their stores event. I think it is great that the producers caught a glimpse of the culture that exists behind the scenes of the grocery industry for what is considered the most entry level position in the company. It is great to see the youth and their work celebrated in such a way. It also gives you an idea of how competitive it is for that National title of best bagger. What an honor!

Stand out movie -- breezy and entertaining look at working in America.

Author: maxbrightman from Austin, TX
11 December 2008

I saw this one in Austin just based on the title and the fact that a national bagging competition exists. Its been a while now and the movie has really stayed with me. It is a breezy and entertaining look at working full of great characters -- it even had a retro animation section. The bagging contest itself is a total blast but its getting to know the completely different lives of each bagger that cuts deeper. The filmmakers had a really nice way of showing you hard times or problems in relationships or people who are headed to better things with just a shot or a stray comment. It actually is a portrait of working hard and having dreams in America but it isn't heavy or "important." I expected it to come to town again but I haven't seen it anywhere since -- but I just looked up the trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-j5zQDV9Iw.

A compelling and contemporary story

Author: Benjamin Sam from United States
14 January 2009

Watched this movie at the Heartland Film Festival with my wife and we were both happily surprise to see a very interesting and sweet story. This is not about a quirky competition, but a film on our modern life in America away from the large metropolis. You will see intimate and solid portraits of everyday people around the grocery industry, the filmmakers followed eight of them and their fascinating supporters in their quest to become the Best Bagger in America. Regional differences are a special treat, the "awesome" and pyrotechnical contest in California is balanced with the wholesome cheering in Utah, the contestants are diverse in age, experience and their reasons to be there. These characters are complex, the story telling is very elaborate and satisfying. Movies like that are far in between nowadays!