IMDb > Bring It On: In It to Win It (2007) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Bring It On: In It to Win It

Bring It On: In It to Win It (V) More at IMDbPro »

Sweet movie! Good laugh and night in. Enjoyed it a lot!

Author: Parv from United Kingdom
10 December 2007

Having not seen the previous movies to this, I am judging this movie solely as a standalone. Firstly I don't really like movies where there is no action/suspense and fighting (typical guy movie) but to be honest I quite enjoyed this movie. The movie has a good mix of characters with their own reason for joining a cheer leading team. Throughout the movie you do understand why they would want to join such a team. The movie has a good selection of songs and very cool dance moves with a lot of hot girls ;) The movie isn't just another teen flick to come of the Hollywood conveyor belt because it does actually flow and have a fun story line to it. I would not go out and watch this in the cinema because personally I don't feel that its a big hype movie. Non the less it is very fun to watch and does not bore you. I watch some movies and they are so rubbish that most of the time its on I just wonder about something else. There was not one moment in this movie that I was bored by it! Great movie to watch in with your partner and would highly recommend! Cheer leaders rule!!

*** *** SPOILER WARNING!! DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!

The movie has a basic plot outline; a team of rival cheerleaders want to make it through a competition to represent America in the internationals. The two rivals the Sharks (the goodies) and the jets (the baddies) meet at a camp where they must compete to win. During the visit they are given a lucky charm by an instructor which they can't lose...what do they do> lose it! Due to this an an evil curse is released upon them leading to catastrophe. To have a chance of making the internationals they must join forces to take on a highly skilled opposition team! In between this there is a love story between sharks captain and a member of the jets leading to a lot of trouble and mischief. The dance moves are awesome! and carried out well. I won't tell you who wins the competition...watch it!!

Pretty and lots of fun

Author: from United States
14 December 2007

This movie was fun to watch. If you like cheerleading and just watching it with some upbeat music playing in the background, that's what Bring it On: In it to Win has to offer. There was an obligatory spirit stick and cheer camp, and some East Coast vs. West Coast rivalry with a few references to West Side Story, but mostly it was a lot of excuses to have some cool routines on camera. They cheer in a camp that is sort of a pseudo-Disneyland, which was pretty interesting in that they have a lot of fun backgrounds that can look sort of fake but fun and vacation-ish. Everyone is pretty, from the blonde captains and vampire goth girl to the black best friend and "gay" guy. Oh, and the half Filipino-half German love interest of the protagonist is really cute, and the first scene he is in, he is topless. In any case, this was brainless eye candy that was fun and just, a lot of fun.

Bring It On: In It To Win It (Major Spoilers)

Author: thetrueresidentevil from United States
23 December 2007

I must say, first of all, that Bring It On: All Or Nothing is my favorite thus far (Hayden Panettiere is exquisite), but this movie was in close second.

The fourth installment of Bring It On was intended to go back to it's old roots with character development and storyline. The movie has many references to West Side Story (As was the intention). With two rival teams, the Sharks and the Jets, you can expect a lot of bitterness. Of course, what would a Bring It On movie be without rival teams, right? Well, here is the thing:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPOILERS BELOW~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two rival teams show up at Cheer Camp at Universal Studios. The West Coast Sharks and the East Coast Jets are put in the same group, of the two major groups that exist at the cheer camp, under a very insane cheer coach. Jets have won the competition three years in a row with the Sharks coming in second every time. Well the sharks are determined to win this year. Then one of the leads unwittingly falls for a guy for the opposing team. Anarchy ensues. Huzzah! The two teams, after much fun drama, decide to have a "cheer rumble - no touching" and we go on our West Side Story idea. Members of both teams are injured and are told they need to go home. Well, the Sharks and Jets struggle with the idea of forming one team to have enough members to compete, and from here on, you are going to have to watch the movie!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~END SPOILERS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The acting is great for a STV (straight to video) movie, the stunts are amazing, and the storyline is amazingly well constructed. If you hated the second and third bring it on, or even just the second (yes, it was disappointing, but for some reason i still love it), give this fourth one a try. You may or may not like it, but with reviews like this, how could you not at least rent it, eh? Ciao

Defining the Cheerleading World

Author: john ritchie jr from United States
29 January 2008

Watching the start of the movie i thought is this gonna be the end of bring it on than as the movie progressed further i noticed that bring it on was finally addressing what cheer leading is and what its all about. From cheer offs, to cheer rumbles, to an actual tournament this movie covered it all. You got the captains who want it all ext. My most impressive finding in this bring it on is it shows that cheer leading isn't for one type of person as some say, it shows that cheer leading is for everyone.

Over all its my favorite so far cause it shows entirely what being a cheerleader is all about and that who you are doesn't effect the possibility's of being a cheerleader. In the USA and many other countries cheer leading is a fast growing sport and if more cheer movies were made like this, the results would be great.

Fun to watch but doesn't hold up to the previous sequels

Author: orbthesela from United Kingdom
28 June 2008

I'm a big fan of cheerleader movies, so I looked forward to watching this film. Overall I would say it isn't as good as the previous sequel (Bring it on: All or Nothing), but it does have a few things to say for itself.

The characters are very likable and the acting is good, there are some particularly fun moments to watch, however the script is weak and the finale doesn't have the same WOW factor as previous attempts in the franchise.

It felt like the director was far too busy trying to reference other films than concentrate on this one. The plot is very slow at the mid way point and drags into a disappointing finale.

Those things aside, there isn't a great amount of 'we've seen this all before' so fans of the franchise will probably enjoy it, but perhaps not as much as the other films. If the next film in the franchise has a little less pep and a little more plot, it could be quite good.

Bring it on: In it to Win it

Author: aerinaa from Australia
13 January 2008

I must say, I loved it though Bring it on: All or Nothing was my favorite. In it to Win it was far most different from all the Bring it on movies. Carson (Ashley Benson): Cute and funny. Really fitted well. Playing as the main character and the captain of The West Coast Sharks. Chelsea (Jennifer Tisdale) made me laugh during the movie. Quotes including: 'You Sharks are like tuna" including more which I'm not sure about. The Double Dragon for the idea, WOWEE! SMART! Favorite part of the movie. The cheer offs as well. Guest Appearance: Ashley Tisdale, on the Ending Credits. Her songs in the movie included ''Headstrong'', ''Be Good to Me'' and ''He Said She Said'' I didn't think they were cursed because i LOVED IT. 9/10

Hard to decide which was worse, the acting, the plot or the script.

Author: whatever_kath from United Kingdom
13 April 2009

There is nothing I liked in this movie. Most of the characters are awful people, the main character shares things told in confidence and is a bad role model for anyone watching. There are honestly no words for how truly awful the acting is in this film, I don't think I have ever seen worse. The cheer-leading is nowhere near as good as before, you can barely hear a lot of the chants. It's painful. The stereotyping is also atrocious. The script...there are no words. "These prairie dogs are so bad, they can't even roll over", it's cringingly bad. The music is also poor. The is a point in the plot where they all confess things they have lied about. There are a lot of things confessed which are major points in their personality's. Everyone is a liar. Which forces me to further dislike the characters further.

So save yourself the near physical pain, and just don't watch it.

The Bring It On Franchise is bouncing back...

Author: Jaybee Martin (rawrDisco) from Seattle, Wa
30 December 2007

Taking it for what it is...a teen movie full of bubblegum and meant to be brain numbing entertainment, it was awesome. Although none of the sequels in the franchise will ever compete with the original. I have to say that it was good for a direct to DVD. Cassie Scerbo as Brooke actually amused me...

The only thing I hated was having to be subjected to the horrible face and acting of Jennifer Tisdale who clearly rode her sister's Disney coat tails to get the part...and the boring romance plot between Pen and Carson. SNORE.

I almost died when Aisha spurted her "slice you like government cheese comment". How ignorant. The whole oreo storyline wasn't even believable since they chose such a lame actress.

sucks

Author: kkoufalis692 from United States
14 May 2009

MGA decided after putting people through the pain of three Bring It On movies, to make a fourth one. Apparently after trying three times the people at MGA think that they will get it right a fourth time; I think not.

Not any different than the other three movies this one takes place in Florida at the National East Coast cheer leading championship, where the mighty East Coast Jets compete with their rival team, the sharks. The Jets new captain Carson, played by Ashley Benson is the most "focused" on the team until she meets Penn (played by Michael Capon) and she loses this "focus"- if there was any. Little did Carson know that her Prince Charming was on the Sharks cheer squad. The teams ended up having to work together because of people on both squads getting injured during the passing of the spirit stick.

The writer and the director of this movie should seriously be fired for even considering being a part of this project. After three movies of Bring It On people would think that they would stop the attempt at making these movies. I cannot even begin to comprehend as to why people like these movies.

What's bad about this movie is has the same plot as the other three Bring It on movies, there is nothing original about it. It reminds me of every other teen movie that is in the market. The directors and writers need to come up with something different if they want to make more money.

If I wanted to go see girls be promiscuous and to backstab one another I would go to my old school, and not spend money on a DVD that isn't worth the 90 minutes.

This movie Brings It On (get it)...

Author: Taylor Kingston
30 September 2014

I absolutely love this movie. It's one of my favorites. For the Bring It On franchise, my order goes.

Favourite: 3-Way Tie: Bring It On / Bring It On: All Or Nothing / Bring It On: In It To Win It

Next Favourite: Bring It On Again

Worst (never watch again): Bring It On: Fight To The Finish

This movie is all based at Universal Studios. Because it's the annual cheerleading championship. And two very special teams are there to win it. The East Coast Sharks and The West Coast Jets. That's right, they're rival teams. Every year, the East Coast Sharks have one, leaving The Jets always placing second. This year, they think that's going to change. Except, during an unfortunate rival cheer-off, half of each team, are hurt, and can no longer compete. The only for way for any of the Jets or any of the Sharks to compete, is to team up. So they do. And guess what. They win.

Overall, I give this episode a 10 out of 10.