IMDb > "Grey's Anatomy" Drowning on Dry Land (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Grey's Anatomy" Drowning on Dry Land (2007)

« Prev | 52 of 224 Episodes | Next »

Meredith is so not dead. SERIOUSLY

Author: missdramatic21 from United States
17 February 2007

After thinking long and hard about the situation in which Meredith Grey is involved I've come to a conclusion. She is not going to die. Seriously! First of all the show is called Greys Anatomy, there not going to kill off Grey. (Plus Ellen Pompeo has a four year contract.) Besides, what would happen to Derek? or Ellis? Burke and Christina wouldn't get married. Not without Christinas person there to help her drag the body of the person she killed across the living room. Too much trauma would happen to each character on the show. And lets not forget George. I think a lot of us r not thinking deep enough into the previous season. George never clearly stated he was over Meredith. He apologized to her, and said he knew he shouldn't have slept with her, but what if Derek is not the only one still in love with Meredith? And Addison. She would have to live with the guilt of pulling Meredith away from Derek for the last year of her life, even though she subconsciously knew that marriage would not work. Regardless of what happens to everyone else on the show, Meredith is currently in a room with the leader of the bomb squad in the episode in season 2 "its the end of the world" and of course Denny who are the 2 people who have died and effected her since the beginning of her internship at Seattle. My theory is that in the final part of this three segment episode the two of them will help Meredith get out of her risky situation.

I admit I screamed after the end

Author: whatever whatever from United States
15 February 2007

All right, so last week's episode had us in the grips of uneasiness. Um, heroic save by Derek, like nobody saw THAT coming. however, what I SERIOUSLY didn't see coming was the panic that seized me during this episode.

spoilers coming. OK, so there were slightly weak parts - Alex and Izzie didn't seem to have enough to do - cmon, bring on the tense dilemmas! But OK, I watched this with a bunch of random girls, and it was so sweet and sad to watch this episode. Who can forget Derek, in his bleakest moments, allowing Sloan to lay his hand on his arm as a gesture of comfort? And yeah, the most panicking moment was the (SPOILER!!!!!!!!) flatliner. I was in disbelief. "Ok, this is ridiculous. She is supposed to be sputtering and throwing up water by now! not flatlining, for god's sake!" then the famous hushed black screen with "grey's anatomy" flashed on, looming closer, and i was in shock. after i stopped panicking, i rationalized that it was obvious that she couldn't die, otherwise for god's sake, i think everybody would stop watching grey's anatomy.

otherwise, excellent episode. who can't say they were shocked to see (insert name) and (insert name) at the end? though i had my problems with the soundtrack. grey's is known for its incredible soundtrack (the long minutes i spent looking for the names of some of the songs played!) but this one, with such an emotional and tense episode, the soundtrack was disappointing.

Riveting. But.

Author: grayf from United States
16 February 2007

Well, the episode was riveting, of course it was. But I spent the whole time of the first half hour screaming at the screen: You're drowning the star! Get back to that! SO I think it would have been better to move the McDreamy rescue closer to the beginning, and you still could have stretched out all the separate beeper-notifications and all the other subplots without losing anything. DON'T drown the star and meanwhile go do something else. Nobody will care about the something else.

The Alex subplot with the seekers and the pictures and the grief was easily strong enough to be the centerpiece of its own episode, BTW. They wasted that by overshadowing it with Drowning the Star.

Drowning on dry land...Why would they

Author: (blue_lover_blue15) from Canada
15 February 2007

I'm gonna tell you know that this does contain a spoiler for people who haven't watched this episode... Why would they kill her? Like she is the main character...the Show is called GREYS anatomy and her name was Meredith GREY. like why ...if anyone recalls on the OC about a year ago when they killed Marissa...now all of a sudden they cancel the show for low ratings..well I'm sorry but if Marissa wasn't dead i think the show would still been on. that's just my opinion....I think that was the dumbest idea ever to do that...Now i don't know what you guys think, i know some people don't like Meredith but i did and thats my opinion... Well i know from the episode that Derek won't be too happy as he was crying.. and now Denny is back? well this will be interesting...but only in Meredith's life.. i guess maybe this episode was good but only if it was really important for the future episodes

They jumped the shark...

Author: hbk812 from United States
19 February 2007

It happened with Desperate Housewives and now Grey's. Grey's Anatomy started off as a successful witty "Hospital" show. I'm not going to lie, I enjoyed it. But just as Desperate Housewives locked that black guy in the basement all season and has everybody falling from high places this season, Grey's Anatomoy showed no better of a story line in this "shocking three part episode"! How much more predictable could the next episode be? Well let's see. Grey wakes up. Now we're back to the daily soap opera drama. Oh yea, there will be a heart to heart moment between Grey and Izzy because Denni told her "It wasn't her time to die". Izzy cries... role credits. Come on writers you can do better than that. This was almost a warning. Hopefully you don't completely jump the shark before next season.