IMDb > "Supernatural" Heart (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]

Poor Sam

Author: princess6000 from United States
23 March 2007

well before I get to what I want to say. Let me just say overall I think it was a really good episode. I was upset about what happened to Madison. Another girl dies and of course Sam was in love. I hate seeing that especially after the series premiere what happened to Jessica. I don't know how much more the writers can put him through. One thing I noticed was that when Sam had to kill Madison both he and Dean were crying. (Did anyone else realize that Dean was crying?) It was so emotional that I started crying for Sam .It just so sad. I can't believe it. I know I'm making a big deal about it but I can't believe the writers would do that.I hope the next new one is better. I guess I'll have to wait for April 19 to know.

Shannon Wilhelm age 16

worst episode so far

Author: bgruia-897-563486
14 June 2014

This is a very badly written episode: how can you take away the humanity of the characters, after they have been through so much while in search of it?

Shooting Madison is absolutely idiotic. They reason that she couldn't be locked away for the brief period of her transformation because of the risk of escape. However, Sam manages to keep her prisoner for a whole night in a makeshift cell (ordinary walls and a wooden door propped by some heavy furniture) - so I suppose a steel cage would suffice in keeping her safely away from any potential victims. There is no effort on their part to seek solutions, apart from the brief "Bobby also thinks it can't be done". So instead of buying time, they quickly decide to end the life of an innocent. And their tears are just insulting.

Sam falls in love....with a lycanthrope

Author: Reginald D. Garrard from Camilla, GA
23 March 2007

The Brothers Winchester (Jared Padalecki and Jenson Ackles) find themselves in San Francisco during what is suspected to be heavy werewolf activity. After the death of her employer, Madison (guest Emmanuelle Vaugier) is contacted by Dean and Sam who believe that she might be the next victim. While Dean searches to find Madison's former boyfriend that had been stalking her, Sam remains with the young lady and begins to be attracted to her. It is revealed during their time together that she is the werewolf, although it is unknown to her. Sam is then forced to decide between his attraction to her and his duty as a demon hunter.

Coincidentally, Ackles and Vaugier have both appeared, albeit at different times, on another show filmed in Vancouver: "Smallville." Ackles played Lana Lang's love interest in season four and Vaugier played the deceitful "MRS. Lex Luthor" during season two of the series.

It could have been good

Author: Leon Scheppink from Netherlands
30 September 2008

I was looking forward to this episode very much and almost everything turned out fine. The acting, the plot, even the (somewhat expected) twist about the werewolf who was responsible for infecting Madison with the curse. Yet, one major thing was missing: a werewolf.

So far, this series has done an excellent job at creating the perfect creatures in each and every episode, yet in this one, we do not see two werewolves; we see two humans with long nails and fangs. I have no idea what the thought was behind the very subtle transformation, but it was a major disappointment. I believe the series isn't complete without a werewolf episode, but this certainly wasn't it.

Again, well written, excellent acting - as always - and a lovely story, just no werewolves.

One of my wife's favorite episodes.

Author: mm-39 from Winnipeg
11 October 2007

One of my wife's favorite episodes. My wife thinks heart is a soap opera style episode. The plot twists of who was the werewolf is great. Did anyone fortell the religious neighbor, who had the hots for Madison, is at fault for Sam's girlfriend getting infected? Great foreshadowing, of the plot twist when the neighbor opens the door and listens to Sam and Dean, at the beginning of the show. I can see why Sam tries not to get personal with the job. Madison seduces Sam with the laundry. Sam always gets the smart girls like in the episode in providence. This time the girl dies. Dean always show emotion when involving Sam. Dean's tears is the final plot twist that creates irony for the audience. 8 out of 10 I did not like the drunk lawyer I can see why Madison blew him off.

*sad face*

Author: super_frog16 from United Kingdom
27 May 2007

this has to be one of the more emotional episodes. for some reason people have been completely verbally destroying it, listing it as one of their most hated episodes. while ill agree its not one of my favourites, i didn't think it was that bad of an episode. i really liked the Madison character, although ill agree with people when they say how predictable it was that she was the big hairy scary monster person, that much was apparent to me from the get go. however, i what wasn't predictable was the emotional ness of this episode as of the second half. i really felt for Sam when he had to do the right thing at the end, and that single glistening tear from our emotion dodging bad boy dean...absolutely killed me! his expression, and defeated body language in the end clip, omg, that mans acting talent is absolutely fabulous. i think maybe the off putter of this episode was the Sammy sex scene, which is also my theory as to why people dislike route 666 so much. whilst it didn't bother me in the slightest, I'm thinking maybe the Sammy lovers out there (complete dean girl myself) weren't expecting it, and didn't connect to it. maybe a fangirlish jealousy? lol we'll never know anyways, though not an outstanding episode, i still really liked it... and there's always a chance now that the writers can include a more bad ass werewolf in the third season :D XsarahX

banal

Author: refnulf from islamabad, pakistan
25 March 2007

A distinctly average episode in a series that we've come to expect so much more of.

In what seems like an attempt to imbue some form of empathy into the series (with Sam's presence, was that really necessary?), they take what was perhaps not a resoundingly good idea to begin with in the first place and completely destroy it.

The plot in itself is nothing special, but the writing and execution of it leaves it a shambles. Though Jared Padalecki is a very talented actor, in this episode he comes across as being annoyingly melodramatic. Tears flow like some mundane waterfall, while the dialogue is sketchy at best and very reminiscent of some crap soap-opera ala the bold and the beautiful.

I'm all up for experimentation and addressing different themes, but when done with such a ludicrous amount of mediocrity, it does nothing but take away from this very superlative series.

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]