When bitten by a genetically modified spider, a nerdy, shy, and awkward high school student gains spider-like abilities that he eventually must use to fight evil as a superhero after tragedy befalls his family.
Like most teenagers, Peter is trying to figure out who he is and how he got to be the person he is today. Peter is also finding his way with his first high school crush, Gwen Stacy, and together, they struggle with love, commitment, and secrets. As Peter discovers a mysterious briefcase that belonged to his father, he begins a quest to understand his parents' disappearance - leading him directly to Oscorp and the lab of Dr Curt Connors, his father's former partner. As Spider-Man is set on a collision course with Connors' alter-ego, The Lizard, Peter will make life-altering choices to use his powers and shape his destiny to become a hero. Written by
the woman on the subway whose black shirt is accidentally torn off by Peter, revealing her pink bra. See more »
When Dr. Connors is talking about the ability of some lizards to regrow limbs he says they can regrow limbs "at will". The regrowth of limbs is an automatic process, no "will" is involved. The imputation of will to natural processes is a common error. See more »
Did this movie fix all the problems with Spider-Man 3? Are we going to get a much darker take on Spider-Man? Is Andrew Garfield going to make a good Peter Parker? Will this movie be good at all? Well I watched this movie on its DVD release; the movie had a bunch of good things and Bad things. But the movie had more good things than bad things. So I will list the good and the bad of this film. Let's start with the negatives.
1. The Villain. The lizard is the main villain here and Doctor Kirk Connors was great in the Sam Rami Trilogy. He, here is not that great. His design was incredibly stupid. For this character to be CGI for the whole movie, it looks awkward. And I don't believe he even exist or even there. The character arc is one of my favorite comic book arcs ever. And to see this arc screwed up is disappointing. He is also very cliché at the end but I going to spoil it. But seriously it's so cliché.
2. The rushed production. Yes, you should know why now. If not, then. Sony wanted to keep the rights to Spider-Man. But after Spider-Man 3. They couldn't keep Sam Rami. They had until 2012 or the rights would run out and they panicked and made The Amazing Spider-Man with Marc Webb. The Movie feels a little rushed because of this. And for me it's not such an issue. But others complain about it. But I thought it was worth saying.
3. Peter's Mum and Dad Back Story. This is most likely to be my least favorite aspect of the movie. I really was boring and uninteresting. And really... I just don't care. I feels completely pointless.
4. And finally the over use of CGI. This is going to be short so let's cut to the chase. I think there was too much of it. Hmm? Let's see we have the special effects in the final battle. The web slinging spider-man and the lizard. OMG!! Think there's not enough of it.\
Now there are positives.
1. The actions were a splendor to watch ever though it might have too CGI in it. It's still pretty awesome. We get to see Spider-Man use his powers in creative ways. And it awesomely paced to.
2. The Romance was so cute. Now I usually hate romance in superhero movies. But this is really good. Gwen was a great and strong character. She knew what to do in a sticky problem. Emma Stone as well was born for the role. She has a great sense of humor. And character deployment. It's so good.
3. The wise cracking Spider-Man was so funny. Some lines had laughing quirt hard. I really love the humor for this movie.
4. Finally the best thing in this. Spider-Man 1, 2 and 3 felt like comic book movies. Which is fine but if your want to make a comic book come to life shouldn't you make it like a movie. The serious tone of this movie really works in this film. And whether I think it works or not is to people's personal opinions.
In conclusion, I give the Amazing Spider-Man a solid 8.6 out 10. This movie showed me what Spider-Man movie should be like. And don't get me wrong the originals are like comic book movies and you know it works. But I think the serious tone, comedy, romance and action just makes me feel that The Amazing Spider-Man the better film. I thank you for reading my review and if you like it you can check out some of my other reviews. So you later, ladies and Gentlemen.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?