IMDb > Green Zone (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Green Zone

Green Zone More at IMDbPro »

Interleaved...
Reviews from users who voted this title less than 6.9.
Reviews from users who voted this title less than 6.9.
Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]
Index 86 matching reviews (261 reviews in total)

Dumber than an episode of 24

Author: guitaru-685-610465 from Canada
13 March 2010

I just saw this movie an hour ago and it had to have been one of the dumbest I've ever seen. I like military type movies and I'm a soldier but even i couldn't suspend disbelieve enough to even remotely like this or believe it was possible. My buddy and I joked after it was over that it was just like what we'd do on mission, driving around aimlessly looking for suspects, grabbing and shaking high ranking officials and not going to jail for it. Even my wife, who know's nothing about military matters was shaking her head saying, WTF, why would you do the things Matt Damon's character was doing in the movie. As for Matt, what a wonderfully wooden performance. Save your money.

propaganda

Author: ivo from Florida
21 June 2010

I enjoy Matt Damon movies and lean towards action oriented movies so the pre-views had me going for this one.

However this movie was a waste of time. Matt performs his role good but it feels like everything else is so scripted and out of play it doesn't make you 'feel' into the movies. Even Damon at times seems to not fit his lines at times.

The action scenes were decent thats about the only pro of the movie.

The plot seemed a bit trimmed and rushed too fast. The was really no back story on anyone it just felt like you were in a pinball machine while your the pinball!

But most annoyingly it felt like propaganda, I could not enjoy it.

Nauseated from shaking and DUMB nothing story!!!

Author: sandimcg from United States
18 March 2010

I was totally disappointed. I came out with a horrible headache and nauseated from the shaky camera and dark, fuzzy scenes. Do NOT waste your $$$ - wait for Netflix if you must. I hope from now on I can find out about the camera work before wasting MY money! Why on EARTH did Matt Damon agree to DO this movie? His acting wasn't up to par - he seemed rather blank and emotionless. It was a NOTHING story with 1/2 the movie some pointless chase scene. Plus it was so simplistic, I could readily guess what happens at the end of the chase scene. You could have filmed this - hopefully with a STATIONARY camera where you could SEE what was going on easily, as a 20 minute fake documentary. It was NOT an action movie, as you might think. It was some political statement based on a conspiracy theory that was a completely unbelievable fabrication.

waste of money and time!

Author: moha_master from Jordan
3 April 2010

this was the most ridicules action/political movie i have ever seen , for the action part i saw no action in the movie , from political point of view the movie is trying to deliver many messages to the world "some of them are true" but most of them are lies , the biggest lie is that the USA army entered iraq to kick Saddam out of it and to build a democratic system in there!? no my friends all what USA care about is the OIL and Israel , iraq as country it has a great amount of oil and iraq considered a potential threat for Israel and this is the whole story , the fabrication of truth and all such things that happened in the movie is to convince people of something that does not exist ...

by the way who the hell is freddy?!!

not an action/suspense movie at all (it is a political statement)

Author: beezhome from United States
15 March 2010

This movie is a huge political statement, packaged to look like an action/suspense movie. I equate it to: opening a Birthday gift as a kid thinking it was something you wanted, only to have it be a pair of socks. I wish they would advertised the film as a political thriller not an action. On a positve note, the cast is good. It is the films content that is poor. I normally like Matt Damon and Greg Kinner and I thought that they did a good job, acting in this film. Matt Damon's character is likable, but in a nut-shell, it boils down to film. The movies contents were extremely weak. Some of the Characters, names and roles, were hard to follow. If you do not have some knowledge of the military it can be confusing as to why certain scenes occur. Many of the films scenes contained shots with a shaking camera, making the film hard to physically watch, my wife actually started to feel sick and had to look away on several occasions. The ending was extremely uneventfully and I walked out saying to myself, that was it. Not only was this a waste of money, which I am not happy about, but it was a waste of 2 hours of my life, I can not get back. I go to the movies to be entertained, not to make a political statement. I wish I had chosen another film and I want my $21 back.

Yawnnnnnnnnn............

Author: YorkvilleGirl from United States
17 March 2010

Tired of Matt Damon. Just tired. Tired. Tired.

And as for those commenters who are chastising those who are nauseated by the shaky camera, guess what? Stop pontificating about it. People are entitled to be nauseated and bored. If you paid $12 for a product, you are entitled to throw it out if it tastes rancid. Unfortunately, a movie theatre will seldom refund your money for an unsatisfactory experience.

The makers of this film are entitled to create whatever vision they want, as are all artists. By the same token, the public is under no obligation to sit still for it, or fawn over it like a paid film critic with a political agenda.

Just saying.

Disappointing

Author: bassman592 from United States
12 March 2010

I loved the Bourne movies, well at least the first 2. The last one I only liked, primarily because of the twitchy way it was shot. I hate that, and I don't want to reward directors for using it. I think it detracts, not adds to, the viewing experience. So it was with great disappointment that I viewed this offering from director Paul Greengrass. As chef Emeril Lagasse would say, BAM! - they kicked up the twitchiness more than a few notches. Although, not even a steady hand on the camera could save the imbecilic and pretentious plot of this movie. The action is slick, but the back-story is entirely superficial. This is an arcade game of a movie. To be honest, I have watched and enjoyed many of these type of movies in the past (for example, any Jean-Claude Van Damme or Steven Seagal movie comes to mind), but I guess I expected more from Greengrass & Damon (who I continue to think is a terrific actor). So, for this lame mash-up of "Blair Witch Project" and "National Treasure" (which I actually liked, because it didn't take itself so seriously) I give it 1 star. Hopefully, Greengrass will get the message and get back to real film-making.

Fictional Comedy

Author: corlessr-1 from United States
29 March 2012

The left's conspiracy theory, so damn funny. I call it true comedic fiction and shame on Matt Damon for accepting an acting role in this movie. I can see Mr. Damon's next movie "9/11 The Inside Job"... yet another fictional comedy. Sad that we had so many military deaths on the ground to prove there were WMD's. Copied from The New York Post dated October 25th, 2010;

There were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq after all.

"The massive cache of almost 400,000 Iraq war documents released by the WikiLeaks Web site revealed that small amounts of chemical weapons were found in Iraq and continued to surface for years after the 2003 US invasion, Wired magazine reported.

The documents showed that US troops continued to find chemical weapons and labs for years after the invasion, including remnants of Saddam Hussein's chemical weapons arsenal -- most of which had been destroyed following the Gulf War.

In August 2004, American troops were able to buy containers from locals of what they thought was liquid sulfur mustard, a blister agent, the documents revealed. The chemicals were triple-sealed and taken to a secure site.

Also in 2004, troops discovered a chemical lab in a house in Fallujah during a battle with insurgents. A chemical cache was also found in the city".

Don't do it Matt

Author: bryanspage from United States
25 May 2011

Note to Matt Damon - you can turn down movie roles if you like.

The left wing Democrats and Hollywood nuts don't get it. Remember Saddam raped and killed hundreds of women but this is not important to Democrats or Hollywood.

I thought Matt was going to cry when he could not find the WMD's - maybe everyone can send Matt a Kleenex. This makes me lose any respect I had for Matt.

OK Hollywood where is your next movie about the bombing of Tripoli in which the current President said he would not go after Qathafi or bomb Tripoli.

Where are you Matt on this one??? (chicken) (yes I gave it a 10 so it would appear at the top of the list)

Not worth seeing, poor marketing and deceptive trailer

Author: dan-2813 from United States
23 March 2010

I thought I was going to see something other than another Iraq war movie. You would think so after watching the trailer that made this look like a Bourne film. What I got was a another propaganda film with a far left slant. I wish Hollywood would figure out that more than half the country are not followers of the left and if Hollywood would keep their nose out of politics they might just sell more tickets! I feel for Matt Damon because he is a great actor in my opinion, especially after watching "The Informant" last night. What a great performance. Back to this film. I wonder if this was one of those films out there that was put on the shelf for a later release and after the success of the Hurt Locker - which by the way, and in my opinion, did not deserve Best Picture - what a farce, anyway, I wonder if the studio released this film now to ride on the coat tails of the Hurt Locker? Well, I think I have enough lines to post this. Of course all of this written here is only my opinion.

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]