IMDb > "WCW Monday Nitro" Episode #1.12 (1995) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"WCW Monday Nitro" Episode #1.12 (1995)

« Prev | 12 of 290 Episodes | Next »

Hogan vs Sting makes it a must see!

Author: callanvass from victoria b.c canada
4 March 2016

(11.20.95)

Live from Macon, GA

Your hosts are Eric Bischoff, Steve McMichael & Bobby Heenan

Scott Norton Vs The Shark

Norton wins in a relatively quick match with a big bodyslam. The problem with this feud is that nobody cared about it. Both were heels as well, making this even harder to care about.

1/4*

It's time for another boring interview with Kevin Sullivan and Jimmy Hart. Jimmy tries to stir up trouble between Hogan and Sting by saying Hogan spends more time with Macho Man Randy Savage. Sullivan talks nonsensical garbage about World War 3.

Eddie Guerrero Vs Brian Pillman (W/Ric Flair)

Eddie wins with a frogsplash. This wasn't as good as I was hoping for, but still pretty decent. When you have that much talent in the ring, producing a decent match is automatic. I was surprised at how cleanly Eddie beat Pillman.

**1/2

We get a recap of The Dungeon of Doom, specifically Luger, wrecking Randy Savage's arm.

Big Bubba Rogers Vs Road Warrior Hawk

Hawk wins with help from Hacksaw Jim Duggan. I don't have much to say about this one. I highly doubt anybody was excited about the prospect of a feud between Duggan and Bubba Rogers.

3/4*

Sting Vs Hulk Hogan (W/Randy Savage)

Sting is wearing red and yellow face paint, which I thought was interesting because you don't know if he's trying to get Hogan back from the darkside, or if he's mocking him. Hogan comes out to loud boos, dressed in black. The match ends in a no-contest after The Dungeon of Doom attacks both Hogan and Sting. Sting and Savage help Hogan fend them off until The Giant comes down and chokeslams Hogan, Sting, and Savage. This was a huge match at the time, even though the crowd was sick of Hogan at this point. Hogan was booed throughout the match and the crowd was heavily favoring Sting. The match featured a lot of technical wrestling and good psychology. I wouldn't call it a great match, but it had a big match feel to it and I enjoyed it for the most part.

**3/4

Final Thoughts.

This was an enjoyable episode of Nitro. As much as I hated The Dungeon of Doom storyline, it does have plenty of unpredictability to it. At the time, you didn't know if Sting was gonna turn heel as well. Hogan vs Sting automatically makes this somewhat of a monumental episode to begin with.