IMDb > "Ruby Gloom" (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Ruby Gloom" More at IMDbPro »

Nelvana's Latest Series

Author: Julia Arsenault (ja_kitty_71) from Canada
30 September 2007

I am starting to love animation from Nelvana Ltd., along with Fleischer Studios, Disney Studios, Rankin/Bass, Studio Ghibli from Japan, and Hanna/Barbera. Nelvana has great TV series like this show, Redwall, Class of the Titans, Little Bear, etc., also with the film "Rock & Rule," Nelvana is an awesome studio.

I love the Gothic decor that has been put into this show and it seems almost Tim Burton-ish to me. My favorite characters from the show are Ruby Gloom herself, Misery and Doom Kitty. She's cute and I love how they used the violin for her movements and expressions; also Scaredy Bat, well because I like bats.

An interesting show

Author: atomius from australia
6 December 2007

This is certainly an interesting show. It is unique in its characters, plots and overall feel. It centres on the lives of Ruby Gloom and her friends who live in a old fashioned house that seems far from other society- for as of yet i have not seen any other dwellings nearby. Her friends include all sorts- a skeleton, a two headed guitar player, a miserable girl, a one eyed girl, a group of ravens and a bat to name a few. They all have strange personalities, but it seems for the best, and the show is quite entertaining. The music and sound effects are quite good, and the plots are, although some i have seen before (a ghost learning to be scary, a surprise party kept a secret), generally given a unique feel by the characters reactions and manners themselves. All in all quite a good animation. The style is very modern, and i have to say i am surprised i like a show that isn't done in old cel style.

Strangely Infectious

Author: sakuraness from Australia
12 January 2009

When I first saw this it was fun... I luv the theme song, its really catchy. I still really like it, my favourite characters are Ruby, Misery and Doom. The themes for each episode are really entertaining and different. It's definitely good to watch and recommended. Ruby's character is optimistic, kind-hearted and warm. Misery is a very entertaining character who's misfortunes add a twist into every situation. Skullboy is very intelligent and very eager to discover his background to uncover uncertain skills. Iris is very very very active and jumpy, she's adventurous and funny. Finally Poe is very well read and proper, almost in a snobbish way :P

Yay for Ruby Gloom!

Author: brassychassy from United States
1 November 2007

I love this show and all of the lively characters in it. I have been able to only see a few episodes. But I was always just enjoying watching over and over the few I could get my hands on. All that I have seen are always fun for repeated watchings. There are only five that I have seen, but I enjoy them so much. I enjoy the funny comic timing that the characters have. And that each character is very interesting, and very separate in personalities. The situations that they find themselves in are so hilarious at times. Ruby is truly a wonderful character, and has great empathy. Plus she is a true party girl, in every good way, that is. Skull boy has such a wild imagination, and he truly believes in his scenarios that he makes up. Frank and Len, the two head boy, is one of my favorites, and he and his shared bodied brother, make me laugh so hard. Misery is anything but a misery to watch, she is just funny when she didn't want to be funny. Plus she is always great with her comments on things. Poe is truly a funny crow/raven and I adore his character. Doom Kitty with her lovely violin voice is just adorable, and also so funny too. Iris carries a lot of the klutz type funny, and also is sort of the naive funny as well. Boo Boo just wins my heart by calling Mr Buns a "wisenheimer". Scardey bat is also a huge source of amusement and fun, because he is a seriously funny character with his weaknesses that provide the funny in many situations. I really wish this show would come to the United States.