IMDb > Repo! The Genetic Opera (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Repo! The Genetic Opera More at IMDbPro »

The Best Movie EVER!

Author: thayonsmommy18 from United States
22 June 2009

A lot of people don't like this movie, and I think I know why. Many do not understand what is going on, due to the high vocabulary and constant musical numbers. This movie should at least be given a chance to all. I have always been a fan of musicals, and this movie has everything. Incredible music and lyrics, plus a goth/demented side that I feel will lure horror movie fans and musical fans alike. My personal favorite, is when Repoman laments while confiscating a piece of "GeneCo" property. I do not wish to spoil anything for anyone about this movie, but it must be said that this is easily the biggest cult classic since The Rocky Horror Picture Show, and is definitely a must-see.

Better in idea than execution

Author: dbborroughs from Glen Cove, New York
19 January 2009

Strange musical film about the future where a huge corporation provides organ transplants on credit and then takes them back when you can't pay.

More a clever idea then an actual working film. The music is okay. the cast is good (if uneven) and it has a visual style to burn and then some, but at the same time it doesn't amount to much. Part of the problem is the songs which don't really build characters while at the same time too much of the film is revealed via comic book style titles which move the plot along but don't allow for characters to really grow. Its something that you'll watch once out of curiosity but I doubt it'll get a second look.

5 out of 10. Only for the curious and adventurous