IMDb > "Cashmere Mafia" (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]

Nice, Sexy, Agresive

Author: bleuetoile from New York
7 December 2008

I was surprised at first to see this NYC Cashmere Mafia... Great team, interesting story.. But - ain't it too soon to make this kind of film cloning of Sex and the city?

Same plot - 4 successful good looking women, Same age group - 35-45 Same place - Manhattan Same intrigue - sex, men, job struggle, to be single or married Same target audience

But finally - why not? I really miss the Sex and the city and really like this new project, although there certainly miss the secret charm of the original, The Cashmere mafia is well done and interesting. I really like the four actresses, the styling, Manhattan and the special serious spice I feel in this film.

has some potential

Author: cbauman from United States
7 January 2008

This show reminds me of Sex in the City- without the warmth and genuine friendships. The pilot didn't quite demonstrate natural chemistry between the characters, although that could come in time. And airing the show after Desperate Housewives was smart; while I am sure that some DH fans will not like Cashmere Mafia, I would imagine that fans of Cashmere Mafia will be viewers of DH.

Thus far (i.e. after the airing of only the pilot), I think the show has the potential to capture the chick-flick audience- provided the plots of future episodes are original rather than predictable rewrites of other women-taking-charge shows.

Drink some Dom

Author: Christina K. (Christina18ruby@yahoo.com) from United States
15 February 2008

Four gal pals living in the Big Apple with successful jobs, fabulous lives, and drama to boot. This show sounds utterly similar to that of another show by Darren Starr, Sex and the City. The hit TV show that has won the hearts of many cosmopolitan drinking fashionistas the world over. And who could replace those four girls and their interestingly hilarious escapades and taboo issues? No one could do Sex and the City better than Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte, and Miranda.

Lucky for Mia, Zoe, Juliet, and Caitlin their show is called Cashmere Mafia. While the TV show hasn't covered issues as that of SATC, it does offer a new insight into the world of women. Not only can women just be portrayed as the sensual, sultry, sexual beings, but something more. In Cashmere Mafia, they show that women cannot only be sexy, but also deeply passionate about work, family, and relationships.

In a constantly changing society, where once women were valued for just their pretty face and social lifestyle, women are reaching new heights. I hope that this show does become wildly successful, but even more, I hope this show empowers women everywhere to strive for more and to set their sights higher.

I was and still am a fan of SATC and while I swear allegiance to it, I am open to something different, something new. While Cashmere Mafia covers similar topics that can be covered in most television shows today, they weave the stories to make them delightfully amusing. So for all the Sex and the City fans, the ones who own every season, who order cosmos when they're out with their girlfriends and wear high heels when they're going to a BBQ, it's time to try something new. Maybe it's time to trade in those cosmopolitans for wine and champagne.

I just like it

Author: serpico-25 from Germany
21 January 2008

Having seen the first three parts I must say I do like this show and I don't wanna miss the upcoming episodes. Somehow I never had a dull moment watching Lucy Liu, Bonnie Somerville and the other cougars.

I think its a great mixture of glamor, betrayal, intrigues and tough business women. It is fast paced, it has good acting and it does have a plot you wanna follow from one episode to the next and you wanna know where these characters might end up.

Even if it's not that realistic (or do you know a group of successful female executives looking that good?) I like being lifted up a little (reality bites) by a show that has the right heart beat. So I'm looking forward to seeing more of the Cashmere Mafia (must have been the Cartwrights in their former life) an I give them 7 out of 10 stars.

Not Good

Author: citygirlndc from United States
10 January 2008

I don't see this show lasting very long. It's just not all that interesting and definitely no where near a Sex and the City. What made SATC good was the presentation of issues that have never been addressed on TV. This show feels old and stale. And the women don't seem confident or believable as friends. Yes, the clothes are great but that's about it. Some of the writing actually seems silly, especially the title. What viewers have been missing since SATC are provocative issues that engage people and get them to think. Hasn't the guilty working mother thing been done already? The cheating spouse? Who cares?I want to see something new.

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]