IMDb > Silent Hill: Revelation (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Silent Hill: Revelation

Silent Hill: Revelation More at IMDbPro »

Page 9 of 23: [Prev][4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [Next]

A good looking movie, shame about the story.

Author: richieandsam
27 July 2013

SILENT HILL: REVELATION

It was not too bad, but it was not as good as the first film.

The story carries on from the original with Sean Bean's character running from town to town with his daughter, always changing their identity. Sean realises that Silent Hill wants his daughter back, and he is doing everything in his power to protect her.

The story is pretty weak... it was OK, but I was expecting more. It was very predictable in places and not very scary. But the creatures looked amazing. I love the look of both of the films. They both look amazing and they really do belong in a great horror film. The designs of the creatures are genius and the feel of the whole situation in Silent Hill is amazing. If it had a good story and great acting... this has everything for a great film.

The acting was not that good... what I don't understand is if you want Americans in a film, why hire British actors? I really like Sean Bean, I think he is a great actor... one of the best around at the moment... but this was terrible. His fake American accent was so embarrassing. It was comical. Sean should stick to being English. He has made so many great films and TV shows... but every now and then he will turn up in a bad role. Adelaide Clemens was the main character. She did OK, but there were times when I thought she was either too over the top or not scared enough. It was a tough role for her and you could see she struggled at times. But through most of the film she did well. Carrie-Anne Moss, Kit Harington, Radha Mitchell & Malcolm McDowell also star. Again though... Malcolm should not have tried the American accent. But he was not in this long and I wish he had a bigger part.

This film was shot for 3D and you could really tell. I watched it in 2D and the scenes that were really shot for 3D were terrible. It reminded me of watching Jaws 3D and Piranha 3D all over again. My suggestion is, watch this in 3D or expect really weird angles of some scenes that don't really work in the film.

I will give this film 6 out of 10.

"Everyone has a different nightmare in Silent Hill, I am theirs."

For more reviews, please like my Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ordinary-Person-Movie- Reviews/456572047728204?ref=hl#

Fan of the games? Watch this!

Author: bleached234-733-299273
8 July 2013

Silent Hill 3 being my favourite game of all time, from my favourite video game series of all time made me come into this movie with serious apprehensions. But right from the start when it started in the exact same place as the game, my spirits were lifted, and as the movie progressed I could not BELIEVE the amount of nods they had towards the game! The scares aren't good, the acting isn't the best, but as a video game adaption to film I thought this movie was FANTASTIC! I have never seen so much fan pleasing in a movie before and this film did it RIGHT. Everything from the characters, to the places she goes, to the layout of the map she glances at in the asylum SCREAMS Silent Hill. If they were trying to make up for the first movies complete and utter lack of regard towards the fans and how they wanted to see rendition of the game, they did it ten fold.

I know a lot of people seem to have it out for this movie, and I can understand why, but for the love of god, if you LOVE the Silent Hill games, than there's no way this movie will disappoint you. Don't go in expecting an exact copy. Just take it for what it's worth, an adaptation of a game series, and you can't be disappointed. I know I wasn't. This movie made up for the mess that was the first movie.

Everyone in the audience could have direct this movie better

Author: E. Eren Erdem from Ankara, Turkey
6 July 2013

This will be one of the most unfair reviews for this movie because I am writing this down not past 25 minutes in to the movie.

I have never played the games, but as a gamer I was aware of their success and their influence on the whole genre of horror games. When I watched the first movie it was like a dream come true for me. A movie thats based on a computer game that was easily a very good movie on his own.

But this bears every cliché that has ever been uttered for the films that based on games. I can't really understand why someone would use wobbly screen effects when so much technological effects are in his disposal.

Seriously you will face some of the worst effects and scenes that are typical for direct to DVD movies during the 90s. Any director with half a brain or some experience would avoid so many of the failures this movie displays that one has to wonder what was the disaster behind the scenes that resulted in this piece of sh.t.

For anyone who wants to understand how horrible and stupid this movie is please watch the mirror scene of Sean Bean and Radha Mitchell.

What does this movie reveals anyway?

Author: mario_c from Porto, Portugal
19 June 2013

I think it not only doesn't disclose anything as it also adds nothing important to the first movie. In fact this sequel is a big let-down to the original SILENT HILL in my opinion. The only thing that stills good is the CGI and the characterization of some monsters and settings, because all the rest is pretty worse. The plot is too straight and I would even say clichéd… The acting is too far worse, even from an actor present in both movies: Sean Bean. He has a small role, like in the first one, but here his performance is worse I think. The main actors in this film also do a bad job. The mysterious and suspenseful ghost story we had in the first movie also vanished, as it turned into a slash video game inspired movie that totally lacks the charm of the Gothic ambiance present in the original. The character played by Carrie-Anne Moss is pretty less than ridiculous and portrays very well this "lack of charm" I did refer. Comparing to the actress which does the similar role in the first movie, Alice Krige (plays CHRISTABELLA), there's no doubt who really seems a fanatic religious leader! Hmmm, I guess it's not Carrie-Anne Moss! And that stupid battle, near the end, what was that, a MORTAL KOMBAT inspired ending?? In fact this movie disappointed, as I was expecting something like a prequel (that would reveal something important, as the main tittle suggests by the way…) and not this lousy sequel that adds nothing. The 3D experience was not that good either!

Not Silent Hill At All.

Author: mrxelement from United States
6 June 2013

Such a shame of good potential at least making a decent Silent Hill movie for once. Well... this one pretty much fails to the depths of hell. Again a movie with boring dialogue and a plot that's very obvious from the start. I have to say the references of the Silent Hill games are pretty nice ,but won't make this movie a good one. The way they portray Silent Hill is no where near close to it. The monsters you see is the infamous Pyramid Head, a stupid mannequin spider doll, and weird monster with saws on its hands, the sexy nurses, and some other dumb ones.

Heather is quite brave ,so she has that I don't give a damn attitude which is nice to see. Then see has all theses dreams and visions about Silent Hill wanting her to go back and blah blah blah. And she sees Alessa memories in her memories.You get the idea if you played the games. As for the other characters, don't even bother liking them since their garbage.

***SPOILERS*** In fact, the ending is ****ing DUMB!!! The way she ends Alessa is by HUGGING HER!! yes that's right. Also Pyramid head goes one on one with other monster creating a meaningless fight scene for the 3D gimmick.

Oh.. Silent Hill how you disappointed me.

Wanted to like this; i just couldn't.

Author: patrick-lynden from United Kingdom
5 May 2013

I was a massive fan of the first Silent Hill movie. I loved the cinematography, the characters, the acting and the climax of the film was well worth the wait. For me, everything clicked in that. I thought Radha Mitchell was excellent as the doting mother trying to save her daughter, I thought Jodelle Farland was brilliant at multi-roleing as both Sharon and Alessa and I thought Laurie Holden was strong as no nonsense but has a heart cop Sybil.

But everything that the original created was torn down in this movie. I bought it on DVD hoping to see something that would advance on what was previously done, or at the very least match it, but i found the characters to be nothing more than fluff and the plot to be a little puzzling.

I didn't like how characters can weave in and out of Silent Hill at a moments notice; all at the explanation of a single seal. Wasn't the purpose of Silent Hill in the previous film explained? The souls of the townspeople are trapped in the town as part of Alessa Gillespie's nightmare, so why are they popping up in reality whenever they feel like it? It just makes no sense. I would rather have had the main character travel to Silent Hill and go through a similar experience as what her mother did.

I thought the villain was weak. One thing I loved about the original was that Christabella was a truly loathsome character who you couldn't wait to get her comeuppance. She was truly evil in her blindness. But Claudia is rarely seen and when she is, she just comes across as a watered down version of the former. There is nothing to make you feel like you hate her and instead, i found myself counting down the minutes until she was killed. Waste of a role for Carrie Ann Moss.

I do also feel as though the acting was extremely off in this film. Sean Bean, whilst he didn't have much to do in this film, came across like he didn't even particularly want to be there. We all know he is a capable actor from his previous films but this time, he just wasn't with it. Kit Harrington was very weak as the male lead Vincent. Not only did I not care for his character, who was literally put into the script to serve as generic love interest for the main character but also to provide a weak and stale "twist" which I already predicted. I feel like he was the weakest link in the cast. But as for Adelaide Clemens, who is playing the main role, I just couldn't buy into her. Sure, she looks like Heather from the game, but her delivery felt forced, she didn't look comfortable in her role and i thought she had zero chemistry with all of her cast mates. I just think the casting of this film was very sour.

My last point is that I felt the writers had created a plot around the form of 3D. Its almost like they thought, "Oh, a sharp object will look cool sticking out at the audience, let's write a scene around that!" rather than the other way around. The plot didn't have much focus but instead rushed through the cycle hoping to keep people interested, when in fact, it put me off. As a result, some decent moments faltered, such as when Heather finally comes face to face with Alessa. It is rushed and really gives off no feeling.

I'm normally very pleased when it comes to films, but this one kind of just took the biscuit. Disappointed is not the word.

Not as Good as the first one but not as bad as most claim!

Author: Michael Rosales
27 April 2013

I watched this movie knowing that it wasn't going to be as good as the first one, sequels rarely are, with that said I actually didn't think it was that bad for a sequel ,I like how the plot was explained more, and how it all seemed to flow from the first film into the second one, the acting wasn't bad either, there weren't as many thrills as the first one, but it was still creepy enough,I think a lot of people expected more from this movie,but when you expect something you usually get disappointed,I watched this knowing that it wasn't going to be a academy award winner, or even as good as the first one,so I watched it purely for entertainment,I find it funny that people gave this movie 1 star come on, I have seen my fair share of bad movies, but this one isn't the worst of them, I have seem more academy awarded movies worse than this.I also think a lot of people wanted this movie to be like the video game, but what did you expect really, there is a reason why a video game is a video game and a movie is a movie.

Disappointing...

Author: Myke Martinez from United States
21 April 2013

I was looking forward to seeing this movie because I really enjoyed the first one. Never should have gotten my hopes up. In short, this was a low budget, corny looking film. The majority of it seemed like you were going through Halloween attraction for little kids.

The acting is horrible to say the least. The so-called "twist" in this movie is completely predictable. The idea was in the right place, but in the end, it failed to deliver.

This movie had so much potential, but just did not stack up to the original film whatsoever. Personally, I feel that the first one ended just fine and did not need a sequel.

I was expecting to give at least 6 stars to a movie from Lionsgate

Author: Robert Manea
5 April 2013

Even though I couldn't sit through the whole movie, the first half an hour defined the way this movie would evolve. I'm not saying the following thing because I'm some kind of huge fan, but the best scenes were those in which Sean Bean talked. The beginning was OK. It was creepy, it was unexpected, it had Pyramid Head in it. I liked the little recap they did when Sean was staring at the bathroom mirror. After that, everything went down. Adelaide Clemens's acting was... I can't say it was completely emotionless, but it wasn't good. The "speech" she gave in the classroom didn't give the right feeling. Moving on to the Special Effects. When the monster appears in the basement (a monster that wasn't sufficiently designed) and cuts the detective's fingers off... The flying fingers look like marshmallows. I mean, seriously. And his hand looked like it was stung by hundreds of bees. The progression of the story is horrible. When Heather and Vincent arrive at the motel, Heather wants to leave for Silent Hill, but he stops her, EXPLAINING EVERYTHING HE UNDERSTOOD FROM THE STORY UP UNTIL THEN. A normal horror story character wouldn't be so calm and wouldn't understand all from the very beginning. And, afterward, the "I don't want you to get hurt"? At that point I got all "Dude, you barely met her, it's not a fairytale, you brought her to a motel. I think your real intentions are clear. I think that's enough of this movie." I don't know if it's just my adaptability problems, but it really went fast forward with that scene. I'm sorry to say this, but this was the most disappointing half an hour of my entire life.

This movie is not mediocre.

Author: pyrojack502 from United States
16 March 2013

I have watched just about every video game adaptation since the 80's. I have seen the horrible "Double Dragon" and all the "Resident Evil" movies, and nothing comes closer to being true to the games like the Silent Hill flicks. Not being better than the first this is still a good movie over all. There was some cheesy moments that I won't give away but this did have some great fan service. I rented the DVD version of this film and watched it upscaled in 1080p which still looked great in comparison to the blu-ray version. You can tell a lot of work went into scenery, and the monsters of silent hill. There was 2 short scenes in movie where you can tell the actors from CGI with breathing and movement, but what movie can be perfect. With the budget the film was given they did a very excellent job in everything over all. It is worthy of the sequel to the first movie but not as much as a masterpiece. I'm giving it a 7/10. Do not listen to perfectionists on here.