IMDb > "Ni Hao, Kai-Lan" (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Ni Hao, Kai-Lan" More at IMDbPro »

Cute little show!

Author: fcasanover from United States
5 May 2008

My son and I have just recently started watching this show. I think it's cute, and it's nice to see that there are more shows being made that help children to learn about places other than America, and languages other than English. Let's face it, no little kid is going to sit and watch the Travel Channel with mom and dad and not become comatose. Shows like this are a nice change. I'm Hispanic, so naturally wanting my child to speak Spanish, we watch Dora and Diego, as well as practice on our own, but this show is a nice way to learn new things, not just for my son, but for myself too. I loved the episode with the ants and the tire swing. That ones been the cutest so far.

Really cute, fun, entertaining, and educational show

Author: Grace Zeh (filmgirlgz@gmail.com) from Chantilly, Virginia, USA
24 March 2009

Wow! This is a really cute, fun, entertaining, and educational show. I said that because I watch this on Nickelodeon and the Noggin network with my 4-year-old nephew from time to time. It's hard to say which show on the Noggin network is the best. If I had to pick, this would definitely be one of the cutest. Still it's really cute, fun, entertaining, and educational. Before I wrap this up, I'd like to say that the people at Nickelodeon and the Noggin network really know how to reach a toddler's developing mind. Now, in conclusion, if you have children, nieces, or nephews, I strongly recommend this really cute, fun, entertaining, and educational show. I guarantee you that they will enjoy it.

Much better than that crappy show "Dora"

Author: kill-the-boxtrolls from United States
29 September 2009

This is a adorable and educationally entertaining little show even though my rating is not quite close to excellent. I use to really like this show, but there are some episodes I don't really like but I don't mind that is still sort of liked it. There are some fun episodes kids will enjoy like "Twirly Whirly Flyers", "Lady Bug Festival" and is filled with some cool episodes. Dora the Explorer is really related (connected) to this show, but it's more of a dumber version of it that only teaches kids a boring and very hard lesson (language) that some little kids won't really get or understand. Now it is time to teach them a more funner and entertaining language that is easily learned like "Chinese" If you are looking for a show with more funner language than Dora's boring language, Ni Hao, Kai-Lan really hits the spot. It is a very girlie show, but I think girls will love it. Kai-Lan and her friends easily teaches kids how to get along with people and make friends usually by being polite to them like "Sharing" or do something "Calming" like breathing emotions like Super WHY but it has some cheesy emotional learning that easily dosen't stay on the right track, but kids and I still like it.