IMDb > "Ugly Betty" Sofia's Choice (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Ugly Betty" Sofia's Choice (2007)

« Prev | 12 of 85 Episodes | Next »

Becki Newton multiple role?

Author: public-92 from United States
13 January 2007

Does Becki Newton also play the character of the girl who sits across from Betty at her new desk, in this episode? I assume this character will not be repeating, so they only had to pull it off once. Maybe I am totally mistaken, but I really thought the actress who plays Amanda is also this girl in the bright yellow outfit. She has glasses and a mole and seems to irritate Betty with her lack of sophistication, which is also kind of cute and endearing while being intentionally ironic. I wish it were possible to just make a short comment here. The first sentence is all I really wanted to say. Everything else was just to get the server to accept my submission.

Fantastic Series

Author: crazeehockee from Toronto, Canada
29 January 2007

I came to this website to see if Amanda and Ruthie were played by the same person. Becki Newton has two credits for the show so it was confirmed. Well done! I love Betty's character; she makes me want to be a better person. Although my husband is "in love" with Salma Hayek, we hated her briefly during this episode. Obviously it's her character and not the actress but that shows what a believable character she was. Had no idea where the show was going after Betty went to MYW. Was concerned about the story lines of the MODE characters. (I'm such a Betty junkie!) Great episode, excellent for 1st time viewers to get caught up. My husband and I have seen every one and we're trying to get friends and fam on this show. Love it!!! Way to go Globes for honouring this show.