|Index||2 reviews in total|
*** This review may contain spoilers ***
Live from Dayton, OH
Your announcers are Tony Schiavone, Bobby Heenan and Dusty Rhodes (ugh)
Juventud Guerrera, Super Calo, Lizmark Jr & Chavo Guerrero Vs La Parka, Silver King, El Dandy & Psychosis
Chavo's team wins. La Parka goes absolutely bonkers and drills everyone in the head with a steel chair after the match. La Parka is friggin awesome. This was a fun match to start the show. It was a spot fest, but a fun one. If you love lots of high-flying, you'll love it.
***1/4 out of 5
Anything Goes Match
Raven Vs Chris Benoit
Beniot wins with the Crossface after Raven passes out. Dean Malenko runs out to make the save after The Flock attacks Benoit. This was a good match. Raven is a very authentic talent and he meshed well with Benoit's intense style. Good stuff
*** out of 5
Rey Mysterio (C) Vs Chris Jericho
Jericho wins the title by submission with the Lion Tamer. Jericho snaps after the match and wrecks Mysterio's leg. Decent match at best, but they told a great story. Jericho was brilliant as the smarmy heel. He even uses a Sally Field line! "You like me! You really, really like me!" He really reinvented himself in WCW after he turned heel.
**1/2 out of 5
Roddy Piper makes his return. He announces Hulk Hogan vs Sting for Superbrawl for the vacant title and says Scott Hall will have to wait for his title shot. Piper and Sting corner Hogan and Scott Hall walks away on Hogan, disgusted. Hogan leaves the ring.
Booker T (C) Vs Rick Martel
Booker T wins with the Harlem Hangover. Martel and Booker T do the babyface show of respect after the match. Perry Saturn attacks Martel after the match. This match was OK. It was technically fine, but there was just something ordinary about it. The announcers played it up like it was a great match, but it was barely above average for me.
**1/4 out of 5
Scott Hall (W/Louie Spicoli) Vs Larry Zbyszko (W/Dusty Rhodes)
There are loud Larry sucks chants, mixed in with some loud Larry chants. Oh, never mind. It's a WCW/NWO fan battle as there is Hall sucks chants as well. The match ends in a DQ after one of the LAMEST and POINTLESS heel turns commences when Dusty Rhodes turns on Larry to join the nWo. This is when you knew WCW was starting to fall apart at the seams. They got greedy with the nWo and too many members joined. I'm not a Dusty fan, but he deserved better than this crap. Horrible match.
Scott Norton, Buff Bagwell & Konnan (W/Vincent) Vs The Steiner Brothers & Ray Traylor (W/Ted Dibiase)
UGH! How many times do we have to see this match? The Steiner's win. Scott Steiner and Buff Bagwell act all friendly. The match was boring, but it continued Scott Steiner's narcissistic transition into a heel. I also marked out at seeing Dibiase go at it with Vince with the heel and faces roles reversed this time.
*1/2 out of 5
Kevin Nash Vs The Giant (Giant Vs Giant)
Nash wins with an INCREDIBLY BAD botched jackknife powerbomb. He could have broken The Giant's neck. This match was over promoted garbage. Hogan's ego can be excused since he souled out more arenas than almost anyone in the history of the business and he was actually extremely entertaining. Nash is and always has been overrated. He's a lazy mark for himself and contributed virtually nothing but record low ratings when he was champion in 1995. Terrible, terrible stuff.
1/4* out of 5
Bret Hart Vs Ric Flair
Bret wins clean by submission with the Sharpshooter. This was a good match, but something seemed to be missing. Flair didn't have that usual spark and it wasn't anywhere near as good as they hyped it up to be. Bret going over was the right move, though. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but it could have been better.
***1/4 out of 5
Lex Luger Vs Randy Savage
Scott Hall and Hogan try to help Savage, but it backfires. Luger wins by submission with The Rack. The nWo tries attacking Luger, but Sting comes out to help Luger fend them off. This was an average match helped by a really hot ending.
** out of 5
This was an OK PPV. It definitely had its memorable moments, some good, some bad. The Dusty heel turn is idiotic beyond belief, but there was a fair amount of excitement too. It's worth a watch at least once.
*** This review may contain spoilers ***
1. Juventud Guerrera/Super Calo/Lizmark Jr./Chavo Guerrero Jr. Vs. La
Parka/Psychosis/Silver King/El Dandy - Impossible match, Psychosis is
GOD of wrestling and flexibility :) 10/10
2.Raven Vs. Chris Benoit - decent match, Benoit cleanly won. 8/10
3. WCW Cruiserweight Title Match: Chris Jericho Vs. Champ-Rey Mysterio Jr. - Welcome heely Jericho, best heel I've ever know in mid-card. Clean victory Huricanrana blocked and turned int Liontamer !!9/10
4. WCW TV Title Match: Rick Martel Vs. Champ-Booker T. - Booker retained in a good match 7/10
5. Scott Hall Vs. Larry Zbyszko - Dusty Rhodes is NWO, big deal :D Who cared? First average match on the card. 5.5/10
6. Buff Bagwell/Scott Norton/Konnan Vs. The Steiner Brothers/Ray Traylor - Scott on his way "Turning heel" won only by himself. Nice finisher move: screwdriver. 6.5/10
7. Kevin Nash Vs. Giant - SUXX! Nash said he never job to Giant and almost crippled him after screwed Jacknife powerbomb (Nash was totally out of shape this time) 4/10
8. Bret Hart Vs. Ric FLair - Hart's debut match in WCW and poor Flair had to job again, I'd like to see Mr. Hogan did his job, that geriatric clown. Clean victory hm, OK. 8/10
9. Lex Luger Vs. Macho Man - This should be match no.8 but hogan did Run-In and when HOGAN do RUN-in it must have been MAIN EVENT. Another boring thing. For clean victory over Savage: 6/10
|Ratings||Plot keywords||Main details|
|Your user reviews||Your vote history|