IMDb > WCW Fall Brawl: War Games (1995) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

WCW Fall Brawl: War Games (TV) More at IMDbPro »

It's lucky that it had two memorable matches!

Author: callanvass from victoria b.c canada
23 February 2016

Live from Asheville, NC

Your hosts are Tony Schiavone & Bobby Heenan

#1 Contender's Match (For the United States Championship)

"Flyin" Brian Pillman Vs Johnny B Badd

They originally wrestle to a twenty-minute draw, but it's determined that the match must continue in sudden death. Badd wins in sudden death when he collides with Pillman coming off the ropes and simply falls on top of him. This was SO close to being an amazing match. They went 30 full minutes of working their asses off. Maybe I'm being too picky, but I felt there were far too many rest holds in the first 15 minutes. It became repetitive and slightly dull. The rest of the match is fantastic, edge of your seat wrestling that doesn't let up for a second. It's a really good match that could have been great. Badd gets a shot at Sting for the United States Title.

***3/4

Cobra Vs Sgt. Craig Pittman

Cobra is Jeff Farmer, more infamously known as NWO Sting. Pittman wins by submission with a cross-arm breaker. This was thankfully short, but awful just the same. I don't have much else to say about it.

DUD

We get a REALLY awful segment with Paul Orndorff going berserk in his locker room, questioning if he's Mr. Wonderful or not. A psychic comes in and says things will fall into place for Orndorff.

Television Title

The Renegade (C) (W/The Ultimate Warrior) Vs Diamond Dallas Paige (W/Max Muscle & The Diamond Doll)

DDP wins the title with the Diamond Cutter. The Renegade is a rip- off of The Ultimate Warrior. The fans knew it and didn't accept him very much. Both were relatively green at this juncture, but this was better than I expected. At one point, The Renegade had the match won, then he inexplicably goes after Max Muscle. Stupid booking aside, this was tolerable.

*1/2

Tag Team Championship

"Dirty" Dick Slater & Bunkhouse Buck (C) (W/Col. Rob Parker) Vs Harlem Heat (W/Sister Sherri)

Harlem Heat wins the Tag Team titles after The Nasty Boys cost Slater & Bunkhouse the match. This was a chore to sit through. What's hysterical is that Schiavone called it "Great Tag Team wrestling" Unless you're a masochist, sit this one out. The only notable thing about this match is the make out session between Sherri and Parker.

1/4*

Ric Flair Vs Arn Anderson

Anderson wins with the DDT after interference from Brian Pillman. This is PURE wrestling at its finest. It'll probably bore casual fans to tears, but for the wrestling purist, this is a wet dream. It starts off slow at the beginning, then it begins to crescendo. Not only is this filled with great psychology, but emotion as well. Because of Ric and Arn's friendship, you're emotionally invested. Bobby Heenan did a great job of announcing here and selling the emotion between Ric and Arn. Brian Pillman turns heel and rejuvenated his career somewhat and the fans went from supporting Arn to being confused after Arn betrayed Ric. It was quite simply, a wrestling clinic.

****1/4

War Games

The Dungeon of Doom (The Shark, Kamala, Meng & The Zodiac W/The Taskmaster) Vs Hulk Hogan, Sting, Randy Savage & Lex Luger

If Hogan wins, he gets 5 minutes with The Taskmaster. Hogan's team wins after making The Zodiac submit with a reverse chinlock. Yes, I said a pathetic reverse chinlock. This was the worst War Games match in history. It's so mind-numbingly bad, it's hard to describe. Where do I begin with my complaints? There is no excitement what so ever unless you love nothing but punching and kicking. Kevin Sullivan (The Taskmaster) Is so cartoonish that it's hard to take the Dungeon of Doom seriously. Our lovable hero, Hulk Hogan acts like a complete heel and throws salt in the heels eyes, along with other heel tactics. There is one unintentionally hilarious moment where The Shark (Earthquake) tries to do a suicide dive over the ropes and the two rings and gets caught in the ropes because he's too fat to cross them. I wish you were allowed to post pictures in your reviews.

DUD

After the match, Hogan obliterates The Taskmaster for a bit until The Giant comes down and wrenches Hogan's neck.

Final Thoughts

This would be one of the worst PPV's of all time if it wasn't for Ric Flair Vs Arn Anderson and Johnny B Badd Vs Brian Pillman. From 94 to 95, WCW was unwatchable at times. 95 was a bad year in general for wrestling. Hogan's feud with The Dungeon of Doom was far from finished and continued to stink up the joint for a few more months. Savage and Luger would start a feud after the miscommunication in the main- event. Flair would turn face for a little bit to feud with Arn. Two matches with *** and **** plus is nothing to sneeze at, but the rest of the PPV should be avoided like the plague

Weak but not the worst

Author: amanwhorocks from Czech Republic
5 October 2013

1. Flyin' Brian Pillman Vs Johnny B. Badd - I never understand why is there time limit. Time limit expired and match continues because "we must have a winner". Useless time limit. After all match was good. Badd won U.S. Title match against Sting. 8.5/10

2. Sgt. Craig Pittman Vs. Cobra - 2 minute something awful. Waste of time. 3/10

3. WCW World Television Title Match: Champ-The Renegade Vs. Diamond Dallas Page - Finally somebody took the Championship from that weirdo Renegade. Match was watchable but not outstanding. 6.5/10

4. For the WCW World Heavyweight Tag Team Championship: Harlem Heat Vs. Champs-Bunkhouse Buck/Dick Slater - Average match with Sherri's hot kiss in the end :) 6/10

5. Arn Anderson Vs. Ric Flair - Long match, but not so special and with Anderson's victory over Flair. Hmm. 6/10 Next we see ridiculous sketch by Sullivan.

6. Wargames: Sting/Hogan/Savage/Luger Vs. Meng/Zodiac/Kamala/Shark - Stipulation: if Hogan's team win, he'll get 5 minutes with Sullivan. Guess who won in bad match? 5.5/10