IMDb > Blanche Neige, la suite (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Blanche Neige, la suite More at IMDbPro »

about snow white the sequel

Author: tonygrafx from Philippines
30 October 2007

I enjoyed it a lot. If you're looking for a somewhat skewed bit of animated comedy that isn't Disney or Anime(though the plot of the movie could just as easily been written for an Anime feature) then I think you'll enjoy this show. True, it's not very deep humor, but neither was The Three Stooges series of episodes which are now considered classics of Hollywood physical humor. Snow White the sequel is effective because of it's tongue-in-cheek coupled with an ability to surprise you with unexpected twists in the plot. (I defy anyone who has seen the movie to truthfully declare that he\she could always see where the plot was going to go.) Don't get me wrong; the movie isn't perfect but, it's a very enjoyable example of the genre. I also enjoy the works of Hayao Miyazaki but I'm not about to lump his great animated works into the same level as Snow White the sequel; two very different kettles of fish if you catch my drift. No, when I watched Snow White the sequel, I sat back and enjoyed it at it's own level. At that level, it's superior to a lot of similar works that are floating around.

Go see it without any expectancies and you might enjoy it

Author: Rhian from France
22 February 2008

I had read one of the reviews before watching the film (English VO) and that one happened to be rather negative. However, knowing that I usually like films that others don't enjoy I have started to watch it without expecting anything great. When you start off like that, this film might actually surprise you. Sure it's not top of the line humour, it's definitely not for children, but in its own right it's a funny, unpredictable parody to a lot of Disney productions. Yes, the main story line does overflow with sexual references. But so does for example 'History of the World - Part 1' by Mel Brooks. In a way the type of humour in this animation is quite close to the Mel Brooks film.

I can imagine it's not the kind of film that appeals to a lot of people, due to it's rather adult nature (sexual references). Although I guess it's going to be appreciated more in Europe than the USA, due to the mentality/cultural differences.

Author: Kev K from under a bridge stealing your bandwidth
3 September 2007

Absolutely not what you would expect, we have the fairy god mother plotting to (lets try to make this polite as Im sure kids will read it) - have "knowledge" of the handsome prince, Sinderella & Sleeping Beauty trying to get married and ermm.. have "knowledge" of the prince - an "evening of swapping sleeping partners" is kicked of by beauty & the beast its all rude words and pr0n - my American friend called it puerile naive (the 3 letter word starting with S and ending in Ex) jokes - yeah - so what ?? - I laughed a LOT - especially when the squirrel found the princes nuts - I'm sure you can guess where ;)

Sounded like Stephen Fry of IQ & A bit of Fry and Laurie narrates - you see most of your favourite fairytale chums in this - and most of them seem to have grown up knowing what a wife swapping party is.

there were moments when I was thinking "they cant do that - opps - too late - they did" So not for kids - and I mean NOT for kids, I know my mother wouldn't approve though my Dad would will find it very amusing. Its childish, puerile and (in places) Very funny, the singing did get on my (the same bits as the fairy godmother & most the female cast got out). I think my absolute fave but was when the 7 dwarfs poisoned a gnome and then fed it to the ogre to knock it out - sheer class.

I suppose I aught to point out the version I watched was not the original French / Belgium voiced version but the English voiced one

Oh la la!

Author: Aaron Ridgway from Paris, France
4 February 2007

C'était complètement minable : à fuir absolument!

This was an idiotic attempt to destroy classic source material, and thoroughly succeeded!

Do not see this film under any circumstances unless you wish to have your ten euros torn up and shoved up your nostrils by a bunch of vapid, atrociously unamusing characters.

This type of film clearly illustrates the gulf that still unfortunately divides directors and audiences. If the individual (heaven forbid a collective could have conceived this dross) behind this had been considerate enough to watch the version currently playing in French cinemas, he or she would have endured what I was forced to endure, and mercifully rewritten it or just scrapped it altogether. The vein of adult humour being mined here dates, to my mind, back to Fritz the Cat but lacks that film's avant-garde status or even its base attempt at social commentary.

With the proliferation of remakes and increasing reliance on pre-existing source material to fund storytelling these days, one would hope that choosing Snow White, and thus not having to worry about conceiving characters or a radically new story, would have allowed more time for, oh I don't know, interesting animation, smarter jokes, perhaps a coherent film that has something to say and doesn't telegraph its vacuity from the opening frame?

A manifestly appalling production.

Absolute rubbish

Author: soong-2 from United Kingdom
1 September 2007

I came across this film by accident and wish I hadn't.

Why make a sexually rude sequel (and some gore when a man is beheaded) of a well know children's movie.

Do not take young kids to see this the title misdirects you, it has nothing to do with the original Snow White except for stealing it's characters. Better still don't bother going yourself, it's not worth it.

I could not watch it all, the poor (in comparison to Disney) cartoon graphics, and no plot except on how to totally mess up a classic movie made me want to give up and leave.