IMDb > "The Simpsons" The Wife Aquatic (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Simpsons" The Wife Aquatic (2007)

« Prev | 388 of 602 Episodes | Next »

only one funny item

Author: jwaldeyer from United States
22 April 2011

As many of you would agree, the simpsons has taken a drastic turn for the worse over the past 8 or so years (some would argue that it was more than 8, but I'm such a die-hard fan i have a hard time seeing that). This episode contained only one item that made me smile, which doesn't even count as a laugh, so that is a terrible sign for the future of this show. I make that claim because starting at around season 2 and running through season 7 the episodes would have me laughing my head off no matter how many times i had seen them (seasons 8 through 13 still had plenty of funny moments, but the higher they get in season numbers, the lower they go on the humor scale).

The funniest part of this episode was the concept of Yum Yum fish... which when you think about it isn't even close to being on par with classic simpsons humor. Anyone out there think we should take up a petition to get Conan O'Brien to return to the show as a writer and producer? It is my humble opinion that the funniest simpsons episodes of all time were the ones that he was involved in making.

Poor.

Author: general-melchett from United Kingdom
5 February 2007

I think I've just summed this episode up.

The Simpsons is getting so weak now, it hurts to watch it. The Simpsons is by no means a realistic depiction of suburban life, but this episode was just plain unrealistic in how Homer was burnt up by a single spark so easily and then set fire to the whole pier, and not even funny unrealistic - just hard to watch and very, very flat. I only watched 5 minutes of this before getting bored, which is why I won't be able to post a very detailed review for this episode. But I have deduced now that The Simpsons has lost its spark, and that the movie coming out this year is destined for a swamping of harsh reviews and hatred. It is saddening to see how something once great and original has been worn down to this. 2/10