"Heroes: Chapter Fourteen 'Distractions' (#1.14)"

"Heroes" Chapter Fourteen 'Distractions' (2007)

« Prev | 15 of 79 Episodes | Next »

Ode to Star Trek

Author: JohnNWFS from United States
5 February 2007

This was a good transitional episode with Claire meeting her mother and viewers finding out who her father is in the last few seconds. A completely unexpected scene involving Peter, the Invisible man (Claude) and a taxi made this viewer's jaw drop. Interestingly, Matt Parkman made no appearance in this episode, although previews of the following episode don't necessarily bode well for him. Yet another use of the word "Hero" came from Sandra Bennett, and who she was talking to was a bit of a surprise. Star Trek Fans take note: the license plate on Hiro's father's (Mr. Nakimora, played by Star Trek Alum George Takei) was NCC-1701.

Distractions improves on the last episode of Heroes

Author: tavm from Baton Rouge, LA
8 February 2007

After Claire's dad finds Sylar still alive in his jail cell, Sylar knocks his glasses out and manages to lock him inside. He then shows him his driver's license (which I tried to slow down to find his first name but it was too blurred. I read some other comments on this show and one of them said it only printed "Bennett") before escaping. Peter and Claude Rains the invisible man are walking down the street as Rains tests Peter by stealing a woman's purse and giving it to him to see if he can stay invisible. Unfortunately, the woman sees Peter with her bag and calls police. Claire asks her mom for permission to go to the aquarium with Zach covering up her real mission: to meet her real mom, who's living in a trailer park. While they're gone, Mrs. Bennett finds Sylar sneaking in the house but Sylar manages to sweet talk her into being friendly with him (It's here that we almost find out her husband's first name but then starts addressing her dog's behavior). Hiro's father and his sister, Kimiko, want Hiro to become CEO of his father's company. Hiro manages to fix it so that his sister gets the job instead. Simone and Issac seem to rekindle feelings for each other as Rains and Peter discover them embracing which confirms Rains cynical view of people in general while Peter still believes in family connections. In jail, Niki's psychiatrist tries to get Jessica out and has the chair chained to prevent escaping. Unfortunately, Jessica breaks free and knocks out the doc possibly killing her. Niki is later told someone else confessed to Jessica's crimes with matching DNA so she is now free. However, Jessica has locked Niki in the mirror at home while she starts spending time with Micah. Mr. Bennet and Haitian man make a surprise return home before Sylar can kill Mrs. Bennet who once again has her memory wiped. Rains throws Peter off a 30-story building to test his powers. Peter lands on a yellow car but does survive perhaps because he was channeling Claire's indestructible powers then. He then is overwhelmed by the other abilities before Claude punches him. Finally, Claire's bio-mom calls her bio-father and we find out he's...Nathan Petrelli! Wow! A little better than the last episode as we get closer to the city explosion that will come later. So I'm guessing at this point, it will be awhile before we find out Clarie's father's real name. Not unlike the Janitor character on Scrubs. I think Ando's lines concerning his crush of Kimiko to be amusing. "I think she is starting to like me," he exclaims. "What?", asks Hiro. Will Niki and Jessica ever co-exist cooperatively in the same body? How long will Hiro fully regain his powers? And where has Sylar escaped to and for how long? All this and more should make next week even more interesting. Until next time...

ncc-1701

Author: sysgoddess from United States
23 February 2007

re: George Takei guest appearance: I was wondering how many might notice, and/or comment, on the limo's license plate. We nearly fell out of our seats when we first saw it and had to run the recording back several times and pause it and laugh at the joke for a minute or two before continuing. I've even watched the episode a time or two since just to catch it again. I wouldn't mind seeing George Takei appear in another episode or two and see if any other Trekkie references show up along with him. Leonard Nimoy would be a natural for a cameo here with Hiro's love of Trek and use of the Vulcan greeting. This one will probably end up being on of my favorite episodes. (This bloody software is the grammar & spelling police but forces run-on sentences, a minimum 10 line submission and doesn't seem to understand U.K. English, won't let me post anything without Americanizing - and capitalizing the preceding word - the spelling of everything even after noting that "some of these words are country specific spelling variations which you do not need to correct before you can submit your comment." It also claims I'm shouting in the summary when I use the proper NCC-1701 as the Summary or topic.) Ugh!