IMDb > "Ghost Whisperer" Deja Boo (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Ghost Whisperer" Deja Boo (2007)

« Prev | 35 of 107 Episodes | Next »

Great idea, bad writing

Author: ttapola from Finland
9 November 2008

I watch an episode of Ghost Whisperer on an irregular basis. I've seen mostly average episodes, but nothing below them - until this. It isn't a completely wasted effort though, thanks to the great idea of a spirit who keeps reincarnating and just wants it to stop. I've seen a lot and this is the first time I've seen this plot. But... Yes, even though JLH's character (I've yet to learn to remember her name) says she's never dealt with reincarnated spirits before, it just defies belief that she would be so thick she wouldn't be able to figure the reincarnation angle out even when she finds the death certificates of all the ghost personas. The twist in the episode before the final act is just too good to be revealed here, but it's sad it is wasted because by that point a viewer of average or higher intelligence has failed to suspend their disbelief in JLH's character - after all her experiences, she should be wiser than that. But, then again, it's quite obvious why she wastes so much time in false theories and sees the ghosts so many times - it's all plot padding: the writers have one act worth of great material here, but they have to stretch it throughout a full episode, and it just does not work as a whole. To almost completely ruin what could have been an incredible, moving and original episode, the writers lose faith in their twist and give us a "reset-button" ending instead what could have been an open-ended, memorable finish. I'll give this 4 out of 10.