IMDb > Ali Rap (2006) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Ali Rap (TV) More at IMDbPro »

He Is Ali

Author: wereuat06-1 from United States
12 December 2006

This is a great movie for the Muhammad Ali fan as it portrays him perfect. From his first match to his last there is interviews with legends hes faced or legends around him. It shows how no matter who you were you had to like Ali because there was no one better. It has all of his matches as he talks about them an the experience. It made me feel as if I was there with them. I'm so happy they finally mad a movie about a legend such as him. It shows all his tough talks and what he did outside the ring. It is a great movie for the family or anyone who is a boxing fan. When i saw it I found I interesting and I think you will to. I give this movie an 8 out of 10.

Compelling Story

Author: Documan81 from United States
30 April 2011

The irony of just how the story unfolds in this famous boxers life is amazing in it's own regard, but I have to say of any of the documentary pieces on Ali this one is by far the most unique.

The filmmakers were able to really connect it to modern or post Ali times to keep the story fluid and shed light on a much bigger story. It's a shame that the Hollywood movie did not give the film the life this or "When We Were Kings" did. I highly recommend you screen this piece and pay special attention to the creative style the filmmakers found for featuring his speeches.

I especially like how the list of interviewees was spread amongst people I would never expect to talk about him from the sports side.