"Star Trek New Voyages: Phase II" In Harms Way (2004)"Star Trek: New Voyages" In Harms Way (original title)

« Prev | 2 of 16 Episodes | Next »

up the ladder promising

Author: angelicseven from United States
1 July 2014

Star Trek Phase 2 being fan-made I kinda got mixed up with Star Trek Continues cause they're both doing Kirk's 5 year remaining missions before the time of the Motion Picture. The difference between the two is that Star Trek Phase 2 shows a lot of the Enterprise in action whereas Star Trek Continues shows more of the characters. The beginning of this episode was unforgettable and there were parts in it I felt were too long dragged out more than it should. The space scenes are impressive. As much as I liked Jeffrey Hunter as Capt. Pike, J.J. Abram choice of Bruce Greenwood (who's an excellent actor) I feel just didn't fit the part. Star Trek Phase 2's choice of Kurt Carley as Capt. Pike was perfect.. as he looked convincingly as such. I hope they consider also making episodes dealing with Pike's career cause there's so much we don't know about him or the missions.. including his No. 1 which was interesting. Such concept holds a wide range of possibilities. I'm glad that the upcoming episodes have Brian Gross as Kirk and Brian Stacy as Spock, despite they have his pointed ears wrongly position.