IMDb > "East West 101" (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"East West 101" More at IMDbPro »

I'm in awe.

Author: ghmevans from Australia
10 January 2008

A ten rating from me for a cop show? Yup.

I've seen some cop shows, from at least a dozen countries I'm almost embarrassed to say, but none better than 'East West 101'. It's simply awesome the journey we take through just six episodes. The characters are so well drawn, by writers directors and actors, that it could easily be extended in various directions. But it doesn't need to be. At just six episodes it's a gem of rare distinction. Exciting, beautiful, moving, satisfying. I'm in awe. And beautiful Sydney, a city I know well, is up there on the screen, heart and soul. May that same spirit heal the world.

I'd prefer not to single out contributors to a superb collaborative effort. Just congratulations Team!

Do yourself a favor if you get the chance.

This edgy drama is an absolute must - do not miss it!

Author: Andrew Cowell from Australia
11 January 2008

I have just watched the final episode of this outstanding Australian police drama and about the only thing that surprises me is how few people seem to be even aware of its existence. Every episode is like a high class feature film. You simply will not see anything better from anywhere in the world. I don't really want to write 10 lines - I just want to implore you to watch it for yourself. Featuring some of Australia's finest actors and a very evocative musical score, it portrays a gritty picture of Australia's urban underbelly. The script is tight and twitchy and never a dull moment. Every aspect is simply superb. This edgy drama is an absolute must - do not miss it!

police drama taken to a new level

Author: wcashley from Australia
4 September 2009

This is the best police drama series I've ever seen, and probably one of the best TV shows I've ever seen. I can't wait for the new season (starting at the end of September in Australia). Watch it for yourself and enjoy - you won't be disappointed.

There is a sense of realism and character depth that is rare for TV. The acting is top class, and you find yourself drawn in and wanting more. It's also visually appealing and the characters have a sex appeal that comes from being so emotionally available to the viewer (and yes, they are a good looking lot too). The plots are complex yet easy to follow, probably because the scripts are so good.

Poor English

Author: James Blanchard (mrshadow@animail.net) from Canada
9 October 2008

I've seen only 2 episodes so far, but both have been very good.

Very believable acting by the main character, the Muslim police officer. I'm not really sure where the action takes place, either New Zealand or Australia.

This show is very different from US cop shows (ex. CSI: Miami or Third Watch). More fast-paced, less focus on forensics but more emphasis on the characters and how they get on with each other.

The only problem is the heavy accent of the actors. I have to turn on the text caption to figure out what they're saying because they talk very fast and half the time it doesn't sound like English (and yes I know the main character speaks arabic sometimes... that's not what I'm talking about).