IMDb > Prom Wars: Love Is a Battlefield (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Prom Wars: Love Is a Battlefield

Funny with a solid message

Author: doc4725 from Los Angeles, USA
22 January 2011

Ignore FordPrefect's comments. I've watched this movie twice now, and it holds up to second viewing quite well. More importantly, the message that Myles Hainesworth tries to convey--fight for what you want, never take it for granted--is muted at times but valid none the less. What I particularly enjoyed about this movie was its basis in an actual school rivalry between two boys schools in Montreal, Selwyn House (Selby House in the film) and Lower Canada College (Lancaster College). The real girls school is ECS, instead of the ACS of the film. Alia Shawkat does not disappoint. It's good fun with a good message. And you can definitely watch it with your folks, provided they are understanding about strong language in a film with actors playing teenagers.

Hilarious comedy about private school rich kids fighting to take girls from another private school to prom.

Author: cuteinthefacetx from your mom's house
13 December 2010

This movie has one of the best soundtracks EVER!!! I can't find a list of songs anywhere, but I'm not giving up yet. I love the premise. They did a great job finding talented kids to do these parts. Percy is a definite favorite, you can't help but love him. Diana is awesome! The casting is a perfect fit! I think it is a mistake to write this off as a Nickelodeon-style movie with curse words like the moron who wrote the first review. The super pompous kids from the richer private school play their parts perfectly! I think what the first reviewer saw as "over acting" was them just playing their parts well as pompous little asses. It comes off as hilarious the way they take themselves, and the war so seriously! It's not meant to be an epic award winning movie. It's just really fun & lighthearted. You will laugh if God gave you a sense of humor, and you will enjoy this soundtrack, if you can ever find it!

lifeless, inept teen comedy

Author: FordPrefect-42 from behind you.
31 May 2010

Sitting through Prom Wars, I felt like I was watching a bunch of rich high schoolers who hired someone to shoot and edit a movie they wrote. This is bad. All-teen casts can bring out some fine talent, but everyone here (I'll excuse Alia Shawkat) overacts like their lives depended on it. You'd think this was a Nickelodeon TV-movie except everyone swears for no reason and a Nickelodeon movie would have better production values. Also, you're making a stupid R-rated teen comedy, with no nudity? It's not like this thing could sink any lower, might as well throw something halfway dirty in there to give it some sort of energy.