IMDb > "DNA" (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"DNA" More at IMDbPro »

Very well done documentary about DNA

Author: siderite from Romania
2 January 2007

First of all, my high grade also reflects: 1) there are very few documentaries related to DNA that aren't completely childish 2) there are no comments on this documentary yet, so I have to assume that it wasn't viewed by many people either.

But the film itself is very good. It is comparable with Stephen Hawking's Universe, only it involves the inner universe. The 5 one hour parts take us from the very beginning of the idea of DNA to the latest advances in the field and the possible future.

Jim Watson in particular is at the center of the film, since he is part of the two men team that found out the structure of DNA and, thus, how it works. He is now an old man with eccentric ideas and radical scientific concepts. I hear he wrote a book and I intend to read it as soon as possible.

Bottom line: really worth watching. It describes in accessible, but not idiotic, terms what DNA is, what it does and what we can do with it. And it is also not afraid to show ideas that are controversial at the moment, like how stupid the reasons against GMOs are or eugenics.