"Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: Pilot (#1.1)"

"Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" Pilot (2008)

1 of 31 Episodes | Next »

Excellent Show

Author: TANKUT BOZOGLU from Turkey
24 July 2007

Executive producers Josh Friedman ("War of the Worlds"), David Nutter ("Supernatural," "Smallville") and C2 Pictures ("Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines") bring to television an intense new drama based on the celebrated heroine of the "Terminator" movies: Sarah Connor. At the end of "Terminator 2: Judgment Day," Sarah vanquished the liquid metal Terminator sent from the future to kill her teenage son, John. Sarah and John now find themselves alone in a very dangerous, complicated world. Fugitives from the law, they are confronted with the reality that still more enemies from the future, and the present, could attack at any moment. "Sarah Connor Chronicles" reveals what happens when Sarah Connor (Lena Headey, "The Brothers Grimm," "300") stops running and goes on the offensive against an ever-evolving technological enemy bent on destroying her life, and perhaps the world. Her son, 15-year-old John Connor (Thomas Dekker, "Heroes"), knows that he may be the future savior of mankind, but is not yet ready to take on the mantle of leadership that he's told is his destiny. John finds himself inextricably drawn to Cameron (Summer Glau "Serenity," "The Unit"), an enigmatic and otherworldly student at his high school, who soon proves to be much more than his confidante she assumes the role of Sarah and John's fearless protector. On their trail are not only threats from the future, but an intelligent and tough FBI agent, James Ellison (Richard T. Jones, "Judging Amy"), who soon becomes a powerful ally.

Loved it, want more!!!! I thought it was surprisingly good pilot. Acting was fine. This could be a very good show! Lena Headey (Sarah Connor) is a very hot British actress, and Summer Glau (Cameron) is fabulous. Arnie is occupied with being Governor, and the rumors are that he won't even be in the next Terminator movies.Anyone who says "No Arnie, no good" is a dunce... However,I like the new bad terminator in this show. The Sarah Connor Chronicles have got potential which will have a massive ratings hits.You can watch tons of actions and awesome experience.

I hope Fox will not decide to cancel this perfect show. Worth a watch. Schedule has it for January 2008, BTW.

Promising Beginning

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
4 January 2009

In 1999, Sarah Connor has been living with her son John and her boyfriend Charley Dixon in Oklahoma for six months. When Charley proposes her, Sarah feels that it is time to move and travels with John to Red Valley, New Mexico, leaving Charley without any notice but her engagement ring. Later, FBI Agent James Ellison meets Charley and discloses the classified files of Sarah Connor. The teenager Cameron Phillips befriends John in his new school, and he has a crush on the girl. However, when the Terminator Cromartie arrives in school to kill John, Cameron saves him and John finds that she is an android sent from the future to protect him. Sarah discovers that the project Skynet had proceeded after the death of Miles Dyson and she decides to find the creator of the powerful machines traveling to 2007 to protect her beloved son.

This "Pilot" of "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" has a promising beginning, supported by a charismatic cast leaded by the fantastic Lena Headley, great story with a good transition from 1999 after "Terminator 2: Judgement Day" to 2007, and magnificent special effects and make-up. My vote is seven.

Title (Brazil): "Piloto" ("Pilot")

It actually was kinda OK

Author: eilidhmorris from United Kingdom
24 July 2007

Now when I first heard about this, I was a little optimistic. I've been lucky enough to see the Pilot of the show and I was left wanting more. The story fits in perfectly, we pick up with Sarah and John on the run from the authorities ( See T2 for details). Not gonna give too much away, so i'll stop right there. But one thing I will say is that don't go into this expecting much. The makers of the show have tried really hard and what visual and special effects I saw, I was rather impressed, especially when we see the infamous Time Displacement Unit being used. (I won't say why or how).

Now, I absolutely love the first 2 movies, and I'm still warming to the 3rd, I urge you to give this show a chance. It could be the stepping stone to Terminator 4. The acting is good, the effects are good and the story makes sense. Theirs nothing to lose really.

Hope this helps anyway.

Terminator:The Sarah Connor Chronicles-Pilot

Author: Scarecrow-88 from United States
2 January 2011

Come with me if you want to live.

Sarah and John(Lena Headey and Thomas Dekker) have continued to remain vagabonds moving from one place to another in order to remain a step ahead of any cybernetic killing machines sent back to kill the future leader of the resistance. A new cybernetic protector, Cameron(the action babe Summer Glau) is also sent to help Sarah and John ward off the killing machines which might threaten them. Meanwhile an FBI agent is out to catch Sarah for her supposed murder of a bright Skynet scientist responsible for the creation of the very killing machines John is to defeat. This opening episode for the short-lived series based on the TERMINATOR films introduces us to Sarah having to leave a man she loves, Charley(Dean Winters)who John considers a fine father figure, before settling down, encountering a T-1000 masquerading temporarily as a teacher, shooting up a classroom, before the chase ends up in a bank's security vault which contains a time-traveling mechanism. Sarah, John, and Cameron move forward from 1999 to 2007 where the real storyline for the television series will begin. Each episode progressively explores the difficulties for Sarah, trying to raise her son, while keeping him safe and making sure she keeps the future from falling to a Holocaust. John's trials in regards to a normal teenage life are also established with great importance. Glau, who I can't take my eyes off of, is pretty good at playing a mechanized being, her transition into high school life good for some laughs. A constant is Special agent Ellison's pursuit of the Connors, preferably Sarah who he blames for killing Cyberdine's creator, Miles. Some good action scenes especially when Glau engages in battles with T-1000 models as they go through windows and damage walls, not to mention, Headey looks damn good with a shot gun.

On the same quality as T1 but nowhere near as good as 2

Author: WakenPayne from Valhalla
12 December 2009

OK we start where Sarah Connor dreams of a terminator killing her son John while he's 15 then Sarah and John go on the move and go to a new school and meets Cameron played by Summer Glau but no time to waste because their science teacher is a terminator which sheds the skin off his leg and as soon as he sees John's name on the role he starts to kill him and shoots Cameron twice and John's on the run and Cameron runs the teacher over (talk about road rage) and they rendezvous with Sarah and not to mention the voice trick the 2 Terminators do in 1,2 & 3 lead them to destroy their entire house then they go on the move then Sarah's Boyfriend reports to the police that her fiancée Sarah is missing then an FBI agent tells him about the events in T2 and then John decides he can't run anymore and then Cameron tells Sarah that Judgement Day hasn't been stopped but it will reboot in 2011 (it's set in 1999 so they have 13 years to stop it) then John decides to stop Judgement day a 2nd time and Cameron takes them to a bank and they rob it and lock themselves in the vault (that's the 1st bank Robber I ever heard of which did that) and the bad Terminator breaks into the vault but Cameron has the weapon from the future I know what some people might be thinking they might be thinking (in the 1st one they said noting dead will go) but an engineer comes back and builds it then John and Sarah finds out that there's a time machine and they travel forwards then we are shown them naked in the middle of a street in 2007 then to find clothes Cameron walks up to these perverts and she attacks them and they take their clothes. I have only seen Summer in Firefly and Serenity both as the same character but this let me know she can play different roles a great pilot because it isn't slow like Serenity (the real Firefly pilot). all in all an excellent pilot.

Pilot of "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" is pretty good start of new series

Author: tavm from Baton Rouge, La.
15 January 2008

It's 1999 and Sarah Connor (Lena Headey) has a nightmare that her teenage son, John (Thomas Dekker), gets killed and a terminator robot chokes her. She wakes up at this point in bed with her fiancée who is offering her a ring. Next day, she tells John they're moving. John is puzzled. At the new school, he meets a girl named Cameron (Summer Glau). Each tells about their parents which they both later reveal were lies. Both John and his mother figure out Cameron is an android from the future. It's in the new classroom that a new teacher is presiding. As he goes through the roll call, when he comes upon the name John 'Reese' and John raises his hand as that alias is called, the "teacher" (who's actually a cyborg) starts shooting, "wounding" Cameron and making John run through a window. When a truck violently backs into this teacher, the driver, Cameron, says those famous seven words, "Come with me if you want to live" to John as another Terminator adventure begins...Nice continuation of T2 (T3 being ignored at this point). Cool to see three cult actors (Headey from 300, Dekker from "Heroes", and especially Glau from "Firefly"/Serenity). All are pretty good, if not great, in their roles. Good sprinkling of action and humor throughout. Can't wait to see the next episode...

Decent cast and great protagonists but stereotyped secondary characters, some rotten cheesy scenes, good visual effects, intriguing and twisted but predictable story

Author: igoatabase from France
1 July 2010

I recently found a F* word parody of the show funny enough to check out its pilot. So far I had decided to ignore it even if I'm a fan of the Terminator franchise. Indeed I thought the cast wasn't convincing enough and worried that the story would turn into a bad episodic B-production. Now that I've seen it I'm not disappointed that I changed my mind because it was an entertaining popcorn experience. Indeed even if it's not as dark and fascinating as the first two films there were plenty of elements to appeal the demanding viewer.

First even if I still think the cast is questionable at least it definitely has potential. I found the mother and son relationship between Sarah and John Connor quite inspiring, as much as in Judgment Day. However Lena Headey is no Linda Hamilton and she almost looks like a fragile model. But of course you can't be objective when comparing anyone to such an icon like Hamilton. She was so strong and charismatic in her role ! Headey is too beautiful and obviously trained mentally for the role because her attitude is fierce but she's not physically convincing. As for Thomas Dekker I found his portrayal of John less annoying than the pesky actor from Terminator 2 but it didn't prevent him from growing on me so I have no doubt the same should happen with Dekker. In fact the process can only be smoothed thanks to the third member of the gang : Cameron. She's a pretty young woman played by Summer Glau who gets caught in the whole Connor maelstrom. As expected her performance was good and there was something quite enigmatic about her behavior.

As for the other characters we have the usual agent obsessed to catch his prey. The first scene he was featured in was obviously staged to make us hate him and I found such a technique pathetic. What a lazy way to develop him ! Why didn't they decide to leave it to the audience ? An other issue was the Terminator. You should really miss Arnold Schwarzenegger and Robert Patrick ! The actor's primal appearance was ridiculous and his only line just plain dumb. Let's also not forget his brainless attitude towards the authorities ! The visual effects were alright but the action wasn't well choreographed and it was nothing like in Terminator 2 where the T-1000 was just mind blowing and scary. So don't expect to jaw drop before it. However it wasn't a complete disaster because our three heroes saved the day and helped to forget about these annoying and silly decisions. Seriously what were they thinking ? Some scenes are as different as night and day.

One thing I really enjoyed was the obvious references to the previous installments. From the road trip with Sarah's voice off at the beginning to the numerous elements directly borrowed from T2 the long time fans can only applaud. Some might think that it's a lazy way to exploit a franchise but I consider it was a smart move because it binded the show to the cult films we all know and love. Of course some twists were obvious and the action was quite predictable in general but it should be intense enough to captivate you until the end. And the good thing is that it's actually only the beginning of their epic journey because the story was exciting at times and what happened at the end should intrigue you enough to make you want for more. But I really hope the cheesy Terminator won't be back ! However let's not forget that Brian Austin Green is featured from the third episode and considering how his performance as John Corben was astonishing in Smallville's Metallo it should be the only excuse you need to become a chronicler. More wounded flesh and sexy bones ! More shiny metal and twinkling red eyes !