"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" Choreographed (2006)

« Prev | 170 of 369 Episodes | Next »

Olivia's back!

Author: aratledge from United States
13 May 2011

Overall an excellent episode: a twisted love triangle is to blame for a beautiful woman's death, but as Benson and Stabler unravel the relationships and deception at play among a married couple and the wife's dance instructor, it is their relationship and the way they ease back into their roles upon Olivia's returns that brings the episode to life. I have long been a fan of Benson and Stabler, and seeing them as people who have to readjust to working together after her months-long absence. The only thing that could improve the episode would have been appearances from Fin or Dr. Huang — not seeing Dr. Huang for an entire episode is quite disappointing, no matter the episode's topic.

And I would be remiss not to mention the great guest performances by Bob Saget and Catherine Bell, who really shines as Naomi. They are introduced as happy, New York yuppies, but hey, this is SVU, and you know there's more to them than meets the eye. His career in microchips leads to a very cool "creepy technology" twist in the story, which, despite inciting the standard lecture on Big Brother from Munch, brings up some interesting questions and really does add something original to the episode. The whole business at the end with the stereotypical overworked, extremely conservative corrections bureaucrat is pretty clichéd, but don't let that stop you from enjoying this highly entertaining episode of SVU.

Dangerous computer geek

Author: bkoganbing from Buffalo, New York
9 February 2014

After a stint with another partner Christopher Meloni is happy to get Mariska Hargitay back as they solve a case of a dog walker who is raped and dies of a coronary in Central Park. The victim was a dancer and married to the choreographer of the company Chris Sarandon.

Sarandon likes to play around with the ballerinas and anything else he can get his hands on. Lately his hands have been on Catherine Bell, wife of the business manager of the company.

Bell's husband is Bob Saget who is in a part light years different than morning show host Danny Tanner in Full House. Saget is a computer geek, but one who is very dangerous. He's taking to spying on his wife in ways not conceived by the ordinary person. Why this guy isn't working for the CIA is beyond me.

His spying nearly costs Saget's wife her life. How you have to see, but he does have the means to save her.

Check this one out.

A transition into a return to the ordinary - Fantastic Shows

Author: MikeonTV.com from Canada
28 November 2006

Kicking off with a couple of sexually frustrated teens in the city's Central Park, Law & Order: SVU gives us a rare whodunit clean murder instead of the usual rape victim or worse. But what can we expect from only Detective Stabler representing SVU.

After trading grunts with a couple of nuts for information there seems to be a real case brewing with lots of back stories. Olivia is finely settled in since her return from maternal leave fighting eco-terrorists for the FBI and I'm sure things will resume to its normal special-crimes solving pace once ex-partners names don't happen to be the same as the victims.

It still was a gripping episode though. Lots of technology reference tonight which hypothesized the threat of humans living with computer chips inside them in the not to distance future. That'll save me a lot of typing! However I must comment that I really miss episodes that leave out Fin or Huang. But we did need to make room for the stellar performance by Bob Saget! I have to say that although I am used to his semi-serious roles in the past, my view of him has changed since seeing him direct Dirty Work and the short cameo he had in Half Baked. Plus he is a great dirty comedian. This was a nice change.

Not a bad transition as I'm sure we will be facing even greater evil then the jealous 'computer nerds'.

Read this review and others at www.mikeontv.com