IMDb > Loaded (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Loaded More at IMDbPro »

So this is it....

Author: oddlaww from United States
26 August 2008

This is it. This is the one. This is the worst movie ever made. Ever. It beats everything. I have never seen worse. Retire the trophy and give it to these people.....there's just no comparison.

Even three days after watching this (for some reason I still don't know why) I cannot believe how insanely horrific this movie is/was. Its so bad. So far from anything that could be considered a movie, a story or anything that should have ever been created and brought into our existence.

This made me question whether or not humans are truly put on this earth to do good. It made me feel disgusted with ourselves and our progress as a species in this universe. This type of movie sincerely hurts us as a society. We should be ashamed. I really cannot emphasize that our global responsibility as people living here and creating art, is that we need to prevent the creation of these gross distortions of our reality for our own good. It's an embarrassment. I don't know how on earth any of these actors, writers, or the director of this film sleeps at night knowing that they had a role in making "Loaded". I don't know what type of disgusting monsters enjoy watching these types of movies.

That being said, I love a good "bad" movie. I love Shark Attack 3, I love Bad Taste, they are HILARIOUS. I tell all my friends to see them because they are "bad".

But this.......this crosses the line of "bad" into a whole new dimension. This is awkward bad. This is the bad where you know everything that is going to happen, every line, every action, every death, every sequence BEFORE they happen; and not just like a second or two before, I mean like, after watching the first 5 minutes before.

Every cheesy editing "effect" is shamelessly used over and over again to a sickening point. I really never want to see the "shaky" camera "drug buzz rush" effect or jump cuts or swerve cuts or ANY FANCY CUT EVER AGAIN EVER. This is meticulously boring, repetitive and just tortures the audience.

But.......and let me be specific here, the most DISTURBING thing about this movie is that given the production, it appears that a somewhat decent amount of money was actually put into this excrement. I personally will grab the shoulders of the director if I ever see him and shake him into submission, demanding that he run home and swallow two-gallons of Drain-O or I will do it for him.

If we ever needed a new form of inhumane torture for our war prisoners abroad, just keep showing them this movie in a padded cell over and over again. Trust me, I think they will become more extravagant with suicide methods after the 72nd time of sitting through this.

Stop these movies, they are just the most vile of all facets of our society. Please. Stop. NOW.

Hot people, boring movie

Author: equazcion (equazcion@gmail.com) from NYC
18 March 2008

There are lots of extremely good-looking people in this movie. That's probably the best thing about it. Perhaps that even makes it worth watching.

"Loaded" tells the story of Tristan Price (Jesse Metcalfe), a young man who's about to make his mark on the world. He's the son of a well-to-do family with a good reputation, and he's on his way to law school. But like so many such settings, things aren't quite as perfect as they appear. The expectations in this family far outweigh the love. Except for school, Tristan's father rarely lets him leave the house. This seems to be the result of some past traumatic event that shook the family, which is partially revealed through flashbacks but isn't spelled out until the very end. Tristan's claustrophobic environment causes him to let loose in very extreme ways at the first possible opportunity, when his friends take him out to a strip club to celebrate his graduation. The celebration soon follows some strippers back to a beach house party, and from there, Tristan befriends Sebastian Cole (Corey Large), who pulls him into a drug dealing underworld.

While technically well-made, this movie suffers from a lackluster script and a storyline that isn't very engaging. Also counting against this film are some constant camera tricks that generally seemed annoying and out-of-place, such as slow-motion, fast-motion, freeze-frames and echos. These are the types of effects a director might normally utilize to show a character's perspective while on drugs, except in this case they seem to have been sporadically tossed in at random points, in some cheap attempt at style.

Despite its cast of relative unknowns, performances were good all around, most notably with respect to the main antagonist (Corey Large). I suspect we'll be seeing at least a couple of these people in bigger and better projects in the future.

Of course, when mentioning the actors, I must mention their looks. Rating based on hotness, this movies scores an 11. The women in this movie are incredible-looking and almost distract you from what a boring movie you're watching. I'm sure the male characters are also quite attractive, but you'll have to ask someone else to comment on that.

Overall, I can't recommend this movie, not for buying, renting, or even seeing for free. It's unfortunately just not worth the effort it takes to sit through.

Implausible, Silly, and Boring...

Author: chironaphelion from United States
22 March 2008

There are times when finishing a film one wishes to have a refund for the time just spent. This was one of those times. I almost gave up with only 15 minutes left to endure... and I wish I had...

The pace that a man goes from a straight-laced, controlled life to one of complete spinelessness and irresponsibility could never be this rapid.

From a graduation celebration to the predictable ending Tristan Price (Jesse Metcalfe) man of privilege and culture allows himself to be seduced by a woman, by violence, and by mind altering substances. Of course, the woman part is understandable when observing the talents of the beautiful April (Nathalie Kelley). But the in for a penny in for a pound aspect of the drugs, violence and dedication to a person he has just met is impossible to understand.

Frankly, besides being able to stare at Nathalie Kelley and Monica Keena, this film has no redeeming qualities. Save your money, save your time... do anything else...

Please, no more!!

Author: wev567 from United States
13 December 2008

Weak plot, predictable violence, only semi interesting characters. Like the writer (also one of the stars?) was fictionalizing his own screw ups and added an incredulous fantasies of drugs and murder to make it "hot". From the predictable rap and house soundtrack, to the family conflicts, it's poorly acted, stereotypical, and ultimately terribly boring. Even the title has been done before - IMDb lists FIVE movies with the same name released in 2007-2008!!

Note: Saw it on Showtime, which listed the synopsis for one of the other movies. Was halfway thru before I realized no one was an undercover cop. Even tho another stereotype, would have made it interesting if it happened.

Was this written by a 16 year old who gets bullied at school?

Author: macillin09 from Ireland
18 April 2009

This is one of the dumbest films, I've ever seen. It rips off nearly ever type of thriller and manages to make a mess of them all.

There's not a single good line or character in the whole mess. If there was a plot, it was an afterthought and as far as acting goes, there's nothing good to say so Ill say nothing. I honestly cant understand how this type of nonsense gets produced and actually released, does somebody somewhere not at some stage think, 'Oh my god this really is a load of shite' and call it a day. Its crap like this that has people downloading illegally, the trailer looks like a completely different film, at least if you have download it, you haven't wasted your time or money Don't waste your time, this is painful.

not too happy

Author: steines from Australia
29 November 2008

All I could think of while watching this movie was B-grade slop. Many have spoken about it's redeeming quality is how this film portrays such a realistic representation of the effects of drugs and an individual and their subsequent spiral into a self perpetuation state of unfortunate events. Yet really, the techniques used (as many have already mentioned) were overused and thus unconvincing and irrelevant to the film as a whole.

As far as the plot is concerned, it was lacklustre, unimaginative, implausible and convoluted. You can read most other reports on this film and they will say pretty much the same as I would.

Granted some of the actors and actresses are attractive but when confronted with such boring action... looks can only carry a film so far. The action is poor and intermittent: a few punches thrown here and there, and a final gunfight towards the end. Nothing really to write home about.

As others have said, 'BAD' movies are great to watch for the very reason that they are 'bad', you revel in that fact. This film, however, is a void. It's nothing.

Furthermore, if one is really in need of an educational movie to scare people away from drug use then I would seriously recommend any number of other movies out there that board such issues in a much more effective way. 'Requiem For A Dream', 'Trainspotting', 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas' and 'Candy' are just a few examples. Though one should also check out some more lighthearted films on the same subject like 'Go' (overall, both serious and funny) and 'Halfbaked'.

On a final note, the one possibly redeeming line in this movie, delivered by Vinnie Jones was stolen from 'Lock, Stock and Two Smokling Barrels'. To think that a bit of that great movie has been tainted by 'Loaded' is vile.

Overall, I strongly suggest that you save you money and your time by NOT seeing this movie.

It was undeveloped.

Author: TrueEssence from United States
7 April 2010

The trailer that I saw on Youtube made it look horrible. The movie wasn't really bad but it lacked...something, I mean I honestly only watched this movie for Chace Crawford but the movie confused me. There were so many lose ends that weren't tied up, the ending was horrible and I just wanted to slap the writer of this movie. Whoever he is, just like the writer for Eragon, should be fired.

The characters were undeveloped, I personally hated the character of Tristan, he made me mad, he was stupid and he was supposed to be a BIG BROTHER but Hayden was more a big brother than Tristan and he was the younger one. The scene that he did with Jesse when Hayden was telling Tristan what he thought of problems was a good scene but he gets punched in the face for telling it like it is? Ugh... boys.

Ohhhh and don't even get me started on the scene where Hayden gets beat up (Yes I pretty much scanned the movie for more Chace scenes since those were the ones worth watching) Hayden gets beat up and put in the hospital and for what? Because he made out with a girl who clearly didn't want to be there anymore? More could have happened with that whole thing, Tristan sees him in the hospital and now he wants to get Sebastian back? At first I thought they were gonna kidnap him and use him against Tristan like they were basically doing but I guess I was wrong, but if they did it like that THEN the movie would have had some kind of plot. But... we never know what happens to him... he just stays in the hospital, I would have rather watched what happened to him then see Tristan go on a rampage.

I wish that April girl would have gotten a life, it was clear she didn't like him like that, guess he was just too drugged up to tell.

Ugh...I don't know, there just could have been more to this movie then there was. Tristan shouldn't have shot Sebastian... movie was just way to rushed. All that crap in the beginning should have been cut out, if Hayden was going to get beat up they should have done more than just put him in the hospital because now they can REALLY frame Tristan. I don't know...I don't really recommend it but if you want to watch Chace Crawford then watch it.

A Sequel?

Author: vsdennis from USA
27 June 2008

If you look at Corey Large's information here on IMDb, apparently there's a movie called "Reload" in production (as of June '08) in which he's playing a character named Sebastian Cole.

First of all, how does such a crappy movie ever earn a sequel ... and second, didn't Sebastian get killed at the end of "Loaded"?

I watched this in the wee hours of the morning when I was battling insomnia, and so I was drifting in and out while it was on. I'm sure I missed some plot points, but overall, it seemed really weak. Large's performance was (for me) one of the stronger parts of the film. I'm also a bit surprised at all the people commenting on the beautiful girls, since I thought the actress playing Brooke was pretty, but not exceptional.

not the greatest, not the worst but still not good

Author: kylecasello from United States
19 July 2011

the reason i picked up this movie is because a movie rental place was shutting down right by my house and loving movies i cleaned out that place and this film was one of the many movies that i never heard of but knew the actors in it. i picked up this movie almost two years ago and i finally watched it for the first time last night. kind of wished that waited longer.

for beginners the acting is not the most experienced nor good, i really don't like Jesse metcalfe that much. he was okay in a couple other movies but he is just a face that women like. us guys do the same for Megan fox so its understandable. but when you have a movie you'll like to have some acting and not rely on the look of somebody.

despite the fact of pretty bad casting, i mean all you have to do is look at the back cover of the DVD and it says hottie Jesse Metcalfe, from there i knew i was making a mistake. the action wasn't that terrible nor that good but it was passable.

Corey Large is suppose to be charismatic but that only last for like the first two minutes he is on screen than after that its like a robotic performance, just not that strong granted he is better than Metcalfe.

i will give the movie credit for casting good looking people and the women are hot. its a film full of eye candy for everybody but thats all. the only reason i give it 4 stars is because the little time Vinnie Jones is it was enjoyable and it was a movie that didn't hold back. just not a great story, not good acting, sub-par action. i like the title of the movie though, its pretty cool and the opening credits had a really awesome thing going, it was a little cheesy but it was fun. i would rather watch alpha dog with Justin Timberlake than this. not the same story just in a little way it reminded me of alpha dog.

Almost but not quite

Author: alan86 from United Kingdom
13 February 2009

This film had a lot of promise, and the plot was relatively interesting, however the actors, director and editors seriously let this film down.

I feel bad for the writers, it could have been good. The acting is wooden, very few of the characters are believable.

Who ever edited this clearly just learnt some new edit techniques and wanted to splash them all over the film. There are lots of quick 'flashy' edits in almost every scene, which are clearly meant to be symbolic but just end up as annoying.

I wanted to like this film and expected there to be a decent resolution to the breakdown of equilibrium but alas no, it left me feeling like I'd wasted my time and the film makers had wasted their money.