IMDb > "Stargate SG-1" Bad Guys (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Stargate SG-1" Bad Guys (2007)

« Prev | 209 of 213 Episodes | Next »

Well, well... quite a nice episode.

Author: bitburger2000 from Germany
25 October 2010

It does not belong to any story line and reminded me of the first Stargate SG-1 seasons, when plots were a bit more innocent, without leaving the viewer with a heavy heart.

SG-1 has bad luck and ends up within an alien museum of a species, that has not had any contact to an outer world civilization before. One bad thing leads to another, and our heroes are unwillingly forced to take some hostages, after the museum is sealed off, trying to find a way home. Unfortunately people think SG-1 is not from another planet, but rebels from their own world. What leads to a lot of humor, filling the whole episode.

Still sticking in my mind: Daniel's communication with the police man, he tries to convince, he is a rebel^^. But there are a lot of funny scenes, and because this one is a stand-alone episode almost everything fits as it should.

The missing star goes to some alien people, confirming some clichés, which are not necessary at all, making themselves a bit contrived.

But, nevertheless I really enjoyed this episode. As 9 stars show.

"What the Hell Are You Doing?"

Author: fcabanski from United States
13 October 2015

The line shouted by Daniel perfectly sums up this episode. It could continue with this message to the writers: Stop it. There's an Ori invasion going on. Act like it.

It begins, as many Stargate Farscape episodes do, with an Ori red herring. Daniel says the treasure he claimed was a hoax actually exists. SG-1 is after a source of weapons that may help defeat the Ori. The remainder of the episode has nothing to do with the Ori. SG-1 travels to an alien museum. They're trapped until they can find a way to dial home.

There's an overzealous mall cop museum security guard, two feuding women - one screams a lot, a disrespected historian, and not much else. SG-1 thought they were traveling to a tomb only to find they're in a museum. I thought I was going to see SG-1 face the Ori invasion only to find myself watching another bad comedy episode.

Sam is not in this episode. She's off briefing the President on the alternate reality she saw in Road Not Taken. The President can't believe he isn't President in the alternate reality: according to Landry. Sam is really not in this episode so there can be ticking bomb drama. It takes Vala a long time to hook up the Naquadah bomb to the Stargate. For Sam that task is the equivalent of tying her shoe. The official series explanation is Amanda Tapping was filming an Atlantis episode.

There is one bit of good comedy connected to Sam's absence. Vala says there's a 70% chance of successfully manually dialing the gate using the bomb as a power source. She says there's a 50% chance the bomb will just blow up. Mitchell notes that's 120%. Vala responds there's crossover where they establish a wormhole and the bomb blows up.

Mitchell: "Jackson, did you catch any of that?" Daniel: "Yeah. 100% chance we should have brought someone who knows what they're doing." Daniel is right. Sam dialing the gate in about a minute would have left most of the episode to cover something interesting.