IMDb > "Eli Stone" (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Eli Stone"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Eli Stone" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

Stop the Autism Rants-it's a fictional, fantasy show!

Author: radicalconservative from United States
1 February 2008

SEriously, I get people who are touched by autism are thinking they are helping out by writing all these reviews, but it's like you guys can't see the forest from the trees.

For everyone who is not affected by Autism in some way last night, no one was taking the storyline as truth, okay? The show is about a lawyer who hits a fork in the road and attempting to get back to the basics of what life is about.

The show is kitschy and silly and funny but sorta sweet too. And yet every review here so far is about like 10 minutes of courtroom drama that I don't take anymore seriously than the courtroom drama with "Law And Order!" Give people more credit-most of us realize the storyline is just that-a storyline.

And it's very, very, very unfortunate that some organized campaign to take this show down by people just because of a 10 minute story line from an hour show! I know you guys mean well, but you guys are overreacting on so many levels, and not being fair to the show.

Oh, and jonny lee miller is a hot piece still!

I love it, will continue watching and hope it doesn't get punted off TV like journeyman

Author: cnynrpr from United States
28 February 2008

I love this show, will continue watching and hope it doesn't get punted off TV like journeyman. Mainly I think the characters are what draw me to it, they are interesting and a little more is revealed about them every week.

Sure they may be cliché, but practically everything's been covered these days and for me it's down to the actors and how well they represent the characters. It's not simply a lawyer show, but a character study on how sometimes you can go one way and after a while you find that you've diverged from your initial direction. Sometimes it's hard to go back.

I wish there was a clear villain in this show that Eli could bash heads against while he tries to put his life back on the right direction. I mean his firm's got a reputation for being evil and ruthless, but the partners all seem to be pushovers. In fact, Eli seems to be the most ruthless lawyer there so far.

I watch very few shows, for example, I don't even watch Lost, and I hope this one lasts a few seasons as there is a lot of potential for the characters to develop.

Very good show

Author: rushour144 from United States
1 February 2008

I have watched the pilot twice now and both times I was stunned. The show is about Eli who is a lawyer that suddenly starts hearing George Michael and other "voices" that brings him to do cases to help people. He saves their lives in a sense by taking their cases. We find out that maybe one reason he hears the voices is because he has a brain aneurysm. But in another sense Eli may just be a prophet for our generation.

The show has a stunning cast and Eli is very relate able and turns out to be a really good guy. Dr. Cheng is another great character who is a Chinese acupuncturist. He is more of a surfer dude, but a really good Wise with a mind full of wise wisdom.

The show is emotional funny but overall really good that makes me, and possibly more people, how we live our life.

Really Enjoyed It

Author: PhilauraJ from Hollywood, CA
1 February 2008

Loved the music, the heart and the optimism of the show. The long line of programs that depend on shock, absurdity and the exploitation of emotionally damaged individuals as their source of holding an audience's attention have run the gamit and tanked - for me anyway. This was very refreshing, hopeful and heartwarming. And man, gotta love Jonny Lee Miller's eyes (this is Laura not Phil speaking here). He's got the look. And I can't wait to see the next episode. Man - ten lines - well, I've seen Jonny in several other projects and always felt he was just this far away from making it big. I think Eli Stone could be the vehicle that finally does it for him. Good luck!

I love this show

Author: kellykulp1 from United States
11 April 2008

I'm not much of a TV watcher, I prefer to read most of the time, but I never miss an episode of Eli Stone. I look forward to watching it every week. I enjoy the depth of the characters and the issues, and find the show interesting and unpredictable. The Eli Stone character is unique, passionate about his causes, and fights for what he believes in. I also love the Maggie character, she's so cute and sweet with a compassionate and giving heart. I wonder if they will have a romance on the show? I also enjoy the other lawyers on the show, and it would not be the same without Patty the assistant, she's great.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SHOW!

Incredible stuff After Lost Series

Author: georgebobby from United States
11 April 2008

Really i wouldn't want to elaborate on the Eli Stone. All i can say,do watch it and make a judgment.

Everybody is out in this world in pursuit of happiness for themselves in one career or another.However this series really shows what it is Do Good with a vengeance and what it is to have Hope in Faith. In brief,Eli Stone is a very successful lawyer who is living his life in SFO.When suddenly one night ,he starts hallucinating.He slowly realizes that his hallucinations are actually connected to his work and life in a remarkable way,almost prophetic in nature.

As we are made to dwell more and more in Eli's life ,we are helped to closely view his relations , his prophetic visions and decisions he makes from them.

There is enough comedy,Intense drama, we almost forget that we are watching a series.It feels as good as watching a movie on big screen.Highly recommended series.

Eli Stone is a fabulous show

Author: SandyLiz from United States
17 April 2008

This is a wonderful show. I love it. It's not going to be popular because it is not formulary...it's different. It's not a bunch of stupid jokes or sappy, typical, Hollywooded-up same-ole-same-ole redneck entertainment. It's the real thing. Tonight, the season finale, it invoked real thought, real feeling and one of the key "messages" was from the client was representing...I'm awake now...

This show is for awake people. And if you don't get it...well, someday you will (like they said at the end of the best picture of that year American Beauty.)

This is a great show. I am grateful that the network is putting on something with a spiritual content. We need it. It for people who are awake have some depth and for people who might wake up and realize they have the capacity for depth. I am hoping the second season will not be long in coming. Let's keep Eli Stone on the air!!!

Knock out series! We love it...

Author: melissmcmlx from United States
18 April 2008

My children and I can't handle staying up 'til 10 p.m. EST to catch it, so we tape it, faithfully, every week and watch during the lag time on Friday evenings. I haven't found any of the topics covered so far to be over-done, and they could easily have been. Nor have I found that the usual ABC treatment has kicked in-the formulaic approach to programming that began in the late 70's, worked and simply won't die the "passe" death it deserves. The fact that the show hasn't served up blatant sexuality makes it easier for me to watch with my 12 and almost 11 year old than any other series on network t.v. I hope the show goes on for years to come! We are all over-the-moon that the show has been picked up for a 2nd season and hope there will be plenty more to come. If you prefer the shows with 3 kids (one of whom is dimmer than a light bulb, one precocious tyke and one hyper-intelligent) then this show is most assuredly not going to be your cup of tea...leave it for the rest of us, please!

Liked it

Author: Wayne Malin (wwaayynnee51@hotmail.com) from United States
8 February 2008

OK I missed the first episode but here's what I got--Lawyer Eli Stone (Jonny Lee Miller) starts seeing and hearing people singing music which all seem to help him at particular points in his life. The problem is no one else sees or hears them. He thinks he's dying of a brain aneurysm (which killed his father) but others think he may be a prophet. In any case it's screwing up his work and love life. What to do? This reminds me of "Cop Rock" (which only lasted 4 months). That was a cop show where people just broke out into song and dance and nobody saw it as strange. I loved the show but it bombed badly. That was back in 1990--people weren't ready for it then--maybe they will be now.

This show has interesting characters, tight scripts (judging from the one episode I've seen), great music and singing. The cast is going full force too. Miller manges to completely cover his English accent and is certainly very attractive. Loretta Devine as his assistant casually tosses insults left and right in a delightful way. Victor Garber is strangely muted as Stone's boss (but that may change). This isn't for everyone but I thought it was fun, well-made and entertaining. Worth seeing.

Loved it

Author: nathan21078 from United States
1 February 2008

Loved it. Thought it was great. And I'd like to think we live in a country/world where people are free to form their own thoughts based on things other than fictional TV shows.

Now, could someone direct me to the law office where George Michael regularly performs?

Perhaps a predictable plot, but it worked on me. Nicely filmed, excellent song choices-it'd be nice to put up a list of included songs/artists, ABC-, and good casting for the leads.

Song wise, I know there were these, for those who are interested: Something to Believe In - Aqualung Faith - George Michael Flyin' - Emerson Hart

Does anyone know others that were in it?

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]