IMDb > Left for Shadows (2007) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Left for Shadows (V) More at IMDbPro »

Very well made, but perhaps most people would not want to see it.

Author: planktonrules from Bradenton, Florida
7 October 2009

This short begins with a man going out to play poker. When he returns, his wife has been brutally murdered...and his brother-in-law is screaming at him for not being home. Later, the brother-in-law has calmed down and no longer blames the husband...but now he wants revenge. The husband, too, wants to kill the guy who did it. Later, they learn who was responsible and much of the rest of the film shows the brutal beating and the blowtorch being lit...just before the junkie is murdered.

Technically speaking, this is a pretty good film. The acting is good and it had a professional look about this short. However, I really don't think most people would be willing to sit through the film. Sure, it was well made....but also SO violent and So repellent that whatever statement it was trying to make was lost. I had to struggle past the screams, blood and squishing noises to complete the film. Additionally, I thought the husband's reactions to this were very unrealistic.

this guy is the next best thing

Author: szoccolillo from United States
17 January 2007

of all the short films that i've seen, this is possibly the best one out there. The film shows us the effects that we never take time to consider when we wish revenge on someone. Brian is an upcoming writer / producer that is going to show us sides of ourselves that we have never imagined! I am anxiously awaiting other contributions from this young man. To make this kind of impact on his first released short film gives us a glimpse into his future. I recommend this movie to anyone that has ever been jaded by another person or event and wished that they could get their revenge. This may make you think twice. Brian reminds us that there are consequences to our actions!