IMDb > Goodbye Baby (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Goodbye Baby More at IMDbPro »

Outstanding independent film that should be mainstream

Author: geraldm651 from United States
9 April 2008

After viewing this movie at the Vail Film Festival I was blown away by its emotional depth combined with an undercurrent of lighthearted playfulness. The quality of the acting was exceptional, every bit as polished as some of the mainstream movies I've enjoyed. I was especially impressed by the performance of the lead actress, Christina Evangilesta, who demonstrated subtleties of expression and a talent for accurately portraying the wide range of moods and emotions that the script demanded. Expecting a lighthearted comedy about a young female comedienne, I wasn't prepared for the layers of complexity that the plot delivered. What was so satisfying was that, in the end, the work delivered. In summary, I feel privileged to have had the opportunity to experience this witty, moving, and fundamentally entertaining film and I only hope that it gains enough support in the festival circuit to be released to the mainstreams theaters.

Pitiful

Author: jb-307 from United States
11 August 2013

It is incredible that this film, Goodbye Baby, has received a rating of (at this writing) a 7.9. I have no doubt that this is the result of ONLY 84 votes (probably with a number of duplicates from the performers and their friends).

This film is SO BAD that film goers cannot possible rate this as anything other than below average.

To start with, there is practically NO story. It is more like a stream of consciousness. For those who tune in expecting a story, you will be disappointed. And if you were so naive as to expect to be entertained, well, you are definitely in the wrong place. There is NO entertainment in Goodbye Baby. It starts out terribly boring, and then descends to worse. In a few sports it was possible to climb out of the morass, but the film makers choose to NOT go the positive route, but again descent further into a muddling swamp.

A rating of 1 is the lowest that IMDb allows. There are some that deserve a rating of Zero, or lower, in the negatives. But I would not say that Goodbye Baby is one of those. It truly has earned and deserves its rating of 1. I would not give it lower than a 1.

In summary, do not bother with Goodbye Baby. There are tens of thousands of new films every year which are better and deserve your time and attention.

Great Performances!

Author: thetrapmovie from United States
25 November 2007

This film is a very good example of how a well-written, well-directed and technically good film can carry more punch than a lot of Hollywood heavy-hitters. Some of the cast members have appeared in TV shows (such as The Sopranos and CSI: Miami) but most are practically unknown. Take Christine Evangelista, the female lead, she alone amazingly carries the film. Her performance is simply Oscar worthy and I am not exaggerating (note: I don't know her nor know anyone associated with this film). The directing is very smooth and unobtrusive. The cinematography is plain great. Every single actor in this film shines. I was pleasantly surprised by the cast. It's a drama worthy of a film festival Best Picture and Best Ensemble Cast prizes. Kudos to everyone involved in this very fine film.