IMDb > "The Royle Family" The Queen of Sheba (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Royle Family" The Queen of Sheba (2006)

« Prev | 25 of 25 Episodes

Bloody Brilliant !!

Author: dancryer from United Kingdom
17 July 2007

FANTASTIC !! I only hope that its not the last time we shall see the Royles in action, If I could have any wish right now it would be to see a new series ! Its the best comedy sitcom to ever hit our screens why should it end when so many people love it ?

And even though we saw the very emotional death of Nana and she was such a big part of the Royle Family series, I still feel there is still so much more to see.

This DVD will take pride of place with the rest of my Royle collection and will be enjoyed for many years. If your a fan of the first & second series then this DVD which may, although hopefully will not be the finale is a must buy for any fan.

Difficult to watch... almost.

Author: Benjamin Linus
12 August 2014

The Royle family always seemed to be a light show that you watched and enjoyed, without the deep and the meaningful to worry about.

Then this. The comedy is the same - smart, brilliant, without pause - but there is a touching story about Nana thrown in that constantly looms over the episode, and will likely reduce anyone watching to tears.

And they pulled it off. The acting is authentic, believable, and real. The characters are lovable, relatable - you can sympathise and empathise with them. It manages to be an emotional journey unlike where the Royle Family has ventured before, without taking away from the 'on the sofa jokes' we love.

This hour of brilliance is, for me personally, the greatest achievement for the show. It isn't the first episode I'd think of were I looking for some quick comedy, but it is the episode we will all remember.