"Desperate Housewives" The Miracle Song (2006)

« Prev | 58 of 181 Episodes | Next »

A Charming Episode

Author: Desertman84 from United States
14 May 2014

In Miracle Song,we get to see the residents of Wisteria Lane celebrate their annual holiday block party.Let's see what happened to the four main characters and their story lines for this particular episode.

Let's start with Susan.In her story,we get to see Susan prepare to cook for Ian's parents.Unfortunately,she isn't a good cook.She asked the help of Bree to do the cooking but they end up fighting each other due to the argument between Orson and Mike.Later,we find out that both have dark secrets from the past.As for Lynette,we get to see her make a campaign for the ouster of their new neighbor after she discovered that he is a pedophile.I have already told what happened to Bree while telling Susan's storyline.But in addition to that,we get to see her really in love with her new husband despite the fact that he is a suspected murderer.Also,her argument with her mother-in-law does not diminish her love for him.Finally,Gabrielle's segment is the funniest.She meets a handsome man and manipulate his daughter whom she is teaching to model in order to charm him.

This was a great pleasure for me to watch this episode.Such a great cliffhanger,funny stories and lines,shocking turns of events.It was amazing how every storyline was great.The writing and the acting are worthy of mention and definitely episode was so charming.

Bad Interpretation

Author: Lexxi Dallas from United States
16 December 2006

I think it was very bad when they just looked at him without knowing the truth behind it. Plus it shows how bad Gossip is spread when Lynette told her baby sitter. Even though he was a pedophile there was nothing wrong with the out come. Maybe something else that Art will do in the future that will result in Lynette doing something back as evidence... The whole thing with Alma and Orson is very interesting. I was completely in shock when I saw her alive... But now it makes the first episode of the third season in question. Marc Cherry shouldn't have made it look like Orson killed Alma. The fight with Bree and Susan was also uncalled for. Bringing it up not having any evidence supports why Bree's statement was very valid. Now that Susan's new man is paying for the lawyer for Mike is going to make Susan in square one again. Mike's going to pull something and ruin her chances with her beau.Hopefully, she doesn't wind back up with Mike again for the billionth time. With the Gabrielle situation should have more depth with her and her new suitor.

Wrong decision

Author: sarastro7
9 December 2006

While I understand that the show is primarily a comedy and not realistic, I have to say it was a very bad decision to have Art turn out to be an actual pedophile after all. Firstly, it's not funny. Secondly, and much worse, it plays up to the American public's irrational, stupid fear that anybody they don't know is a murderer or some other monster. Leviathan-like, the U.S. media instills fear in the population on a regular basis, to keep tensions and mistrust alive, so the people won't organize and come up with good alternatives to the established order of things. Sadly, this is seen not just on the news but also in entertainment like this.

Having said that, I guess even this element is par for the course in a show where everybody without exception has dirty secrets. It's TV. It's not reality. And events and characters on a show like this should not be used to shape one's views about reality. And actually, there is a better alternative to this show, also sort of starring a desperate housewife: Weeds. You should watch that.