I Love New York (2007– )
User ReviewsAdd a Review
It reminds me of a skit from the 90's show "In Living Color" where Keenan Ivory Wayans was imitating the boxer Mike Tyson on "The Love Connection" dating show and he picked "Robin Givens" for a date. Mike talked of how the date was okay, but how the obnoxious mother kept butting in. This show reminds me of that.
The men are chosen and given names to degrade themselves and the woman that they are dating more - (I would think an intelligent man looking to date an intelligent woman would NOT allow her - and her mother - to give you a name that is so ghetto, you'll embarrass yourself every time you appear on TV.) but these are professional reality actors, so why bother.
It escapes me to discover what is so entertaining about all of this. The fact that this is as fake as her newly implanted additions? 15 Minutes of fame and hundreds of thousands of dollars in ad time for the network? (Well, you can't hate them for trying to make a buck.) Maybe the wonder is - who would want to be with this woman past an hour? Or wonder if she and her mother's next show would be on the WWF! Any way you slice it, it's a train wreck you've seen countless times before so by now the shock value is down to nil.
No twist or turn will make this a more interesting train wreck, or any different from any of the others. Appeals to the lowest common denominator and for those calling an "end" to reality shows, this is just another nail in the coffin as to why they should end, immediately.
This New York woman is obnoxious, narcissistic, and believes that everything must revolve around her. Therefore, we should like the show. I'm sorry, I am not buying into this. I wasn't fan or Rock of Love or Flavor of Love, so I guess I'm not the demographic target audience.
What else can I say this? This is a bad spin-off that misses the mark when it comes to romance. I don't know what so many of these contestants find so attractive about her. She puts on more makeup then a fashion model and she is so obsessed with attempting to be hottest thing since Halle Berry. Don't destroy your brain cells by watching this garbage, avoid at all costs!
Thank You, Julio
The whole synopsis of this show is for New York, a beyond ghetto fabulous idiot who was dumped twice by flava flav, to find a man who is going to "have luv for NY" A group of very strange men come to sweep miss thang off her cheap looking stiletto's!
First NY has her partners, one her seriously bitchy mother and the other gay assistant Chamo who is in homosexual heaven with all these borderline gay men walking around trying to win NY love( they are most likely there to get some camera time). First anyone who actually believes any of these men are really there to fall in love is stupid. The only one who may possibly be genuine is the whiter than Powder Mr. Boston. Let me just say him in that dental floss looking man thong shaking his pasty white junk in the "Mangeant" was CREEPY! Ewww !! This is good for a laugh and just a big mess of a reality show.
The cast is just a jumbled potpourri dish of weird, stupid and just unexplainable! The men must come up with some clever little name that describes themselves and you can only imagine what they think of!
I do not remember them all but some of these fine distinguished gentlemen are memorable.......for a laugh.
1. The names some of these guys choose are just gross Pootie? Wood? I think Scabies, Rash and Crabs would suit them better!!
2. Mother.....as in NY actual mother is just a over the top psycho! She is mean and protective of her daughter as any loving mother would be, but whats with the mega bitch? Does this woman honestly believe her child will find true love in ANY of these band of stupid?
3. Romance is the super sissy. He cried, he lied he possibly did inappropriate things to NY helpless small dog. Where is PETA when you need them! Stop this man!I don't know I think this guy should hook up with Chamo!!!
4. Mr. Boston is the pale, nerdy computer tech looking guy who apparently has 'balls'. He stood up to a "thug" and wore a man thong, I don't think this guy needs NY's love I think he just needs female body warmth.
5. NY only seems to like the stupidest and ill mannered men of the bunch (....believe me these men are already NOTHING to brag about) One named Chance actually called himself an aspiring rapper! Who isn't these days! I think even Aaron Carter had a rap song!
NY of course has a weave, stilettos, tight cleavage enhancing tops, fake eyelashes and as one contestant put it "junk in the trunk". Overall this is not a show anyone would admit to watching which is puzzling as to why some of these lame loser men participated. If NY is looking for love she certainly found it and it is obviously herself.
I know Flavor of Love is coming up to it's 3rd season, so now with a Flavor of Love 3 and a I love New York 3.....will there ever be a true winner???
I've also heard a few rumors that Chance WILL be brought back for the 3rd Season of I Love New York!!!! I have also heard rumors that New York will be Specially featured on Flavor of Love 3.
Hopefully this was not too much of a spoiler for the ending of I Love New York 2....I'm just stating the latest rumor.