IMDb > "Numb3rs" Blackout (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Numb3rs" Blackout (2006)

« Prev | 45 of 119 Episodes | Next »

Cute tribute to Judd Hirsch's sitcom "Taxi"

Author: KirbyMom from San Francisco Bay Area
6 November 2006

I love when a show makes a reference to another show or activity related to one of its cast members. It always makes me feel like I'm in on a nice inside joke when I catch it, and if the show is a good one, that makes it all the better.

At the very end of this well-written "Numb3rs" episode, Dad (Judd Hirsch) suggests staying up and watching late night TV with Don & Charlie. He turns on the TV, saying "That's when they play the classics". Then, as he settles in the easy chair next to Don (and Charlie says he'll make popcorn), you hear the theme music from "Taxi", Judd Hirsch's classic sit-com from 1978-1983! The camera lingers on Judd Hirsch's face, reflecting the light from the TV, then fades out to this episode's Director's credit while the theme from "Taxi" continues to its end. CUTE!!

Finally a show I can be excited about

Author: choccandi4 from United States
5 November 2006

OMG...can I love this show any more??? I never miss and episode, and I own both seasons 1 and 2...I'm a Numb3rs junkie. The casting of this show is perfect...The three of them really do look like a family...

David Krumholtz is the one that got me hooked...but they all keep me coming back for more.

Wasn't that so cute at the end of Blackout how the "classic" they were watching on late night TV turns out to be "Taxi"?. I thought it was wonderful.

My only complaint....please please PLEASE let Charlie and Don grow their hair back. Charlie was so sexy in the second season, now it looks like they are trying to make him the "nutty professor" again, like he was in the first season. The one thing I admired about the way they write Charlie's character, is that they made him a very hot guy with brains, that has no trouble with women. Unlike the nerd characters you see in other show and movies.....now it's the shorter hair, the troubles with Amita and his whole persona now, seems like that are changing him completely. Please keep Charlie strong, and a little of the cockiness from the first season....

um...can you tell I love David Krumholtz?....ha ha ha My next post...I'll drool over Rob Morrow...then Alimi Ballard....I think I need a bib for my Friday nights.