IMDb > Zoo (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Zoo

Zoo More at IMDbPro »

Page 5 of 5: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

Proof that bleeding hearts have officially lost their mind and should be committed for the safety of themselves and others.

Author: nnnoooiiissseee from Hell
19 June 2012

If you read the reviews of this "movie" from the highly respected "critics" you may be shocked (to say the least) to see the word "beautiful" in nearly every one. It gets extremely high marks for demonstrating that "love is blind" and that "you can't help who you fall in love with".

It does a great job of "humanizing" animal rapists (sorry) "extreme horse enthusiasts" in a way that you will not only relate to them, but probably even want to drink a beer with them. You may even want to take Mr. Ed or My Friend Flicka out for a spin afterwards. You know, with the "good 'ol boys".

"Zoo" shows how society "bullies" them and how badly they are discriminated against for their love of raping animals. They are basically just "tortured souls" who are "misunderstood". Mister Hands really DID feel "love" for his horse (especially when he was really, REALLY drunk). I'm not kidding. Not at all...

When "Mr. Hands" dies due to his colon being popped like a cheap water balloon by a 4 foot long horse wiener, many people are saddened at the great "loss" to the world. "Mr. Hands" was the kind of guy you could pound beers (and other stuff) with and he was "nice". Sure, he was a horse rapist but nobody is perfect... right? In other words, the film depicts him and his animal raping friends as completely normal, good people who just happen to rape animals as a hobby. Who are you to judge!? "Zoo", along with the rave reviews that it received, gave me the last, sold, concrete pieces of evidence that I needed to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt, that most bleeding hearts have completely lost their minds. It is the best known example of how some people can take "tolerance" way, WAY to far. To the point where they use the term "tolerance" as an excuse for, I dunno, RAPING HORSES.

This film also gave me a firm grasp on just how feeble minded most people are. If a group of animal rapists get together to make a propaganda piece about how "you shouldn't judge them", and RUBES ACTUALLY GO FOR IT, that means that you can MAKE A FILM THAT WILL JUSTIFY ANYTHING.

So what was the REAL lesson being taught to us in this "movie"? The sad, disturbing, horrifying and completely haunting thing about this "movie" is that I can already see where this is all going... With movies like "Zoo" and "heroes" like Michael Jackson and Pete Townsend "humanized"... to god-like proportions, It doesn't take a genius to figure it out.

I can already see it happening within my lifetime and it makes me want to vomit my guts out just thinking about it. Living in a world where your are forced to "tolerate" their "alternative lifestyle". A world where every T.V. show and movie has a blatant "public service message" inserted in the middle that urges you to "respect the feelings" of child and animal rapists and that their behavior is "perfectly normal".

A few decades ago, a movie like "Zoo" would have been completely inconceivable. Just imagine what you and your kids will be witnessing in a few more decades? God, I hope that I don't live long enough to witness it...

Of man and beasts

Author: paul2001sw-1 (paul2001sw@yahoo.co.uk) from Saffron Walden, UK
5 August 2009

On learning of a man who died of a perforated colon after sex with a horse, one is tempted to heartlessly nominate him for a Darwin award. Or to join with the radio show host, who commented after someone proposed making such acts illegal on grounds on non-consenuality - "it was a horse! how can it not have consented?". I would certainly have expected the world of zoophilia (the politically correct name for bestiality) to be all about the thrill of the (utterly) transgressive. But this documentary, in which a number of zoophiles involved in the incident defend their conduct, gives a different impression: of men (why only men?) whose sense of empathy with animals is so strong that a sexual relationship feels like a natural next step. Of course, one could criticise this film for letting them speak unchallenged: one would not allow paedophiles a similar platform, but if one regards desiring a consummated relationship with a horse as wholly baffling (a horse may be intelligent, but it's still just a horse), then the horse can hardly be seen as a victim in the same light as a human, and the opinions of the perpetrators are as fascinating as they are disturbing. On one hand, one's tempted to see zoophilia as a form of psychiatric disturbance; on the other, should people be persecuted for what they feel? Wikipedia quotes studies alleging that sexual contact with an animal is experienced by several percent of the population. I don't quite believe it, but in part, maybe that's just because my innocent mind still has problems imagining how it actually occurs.

Zoo

Author: Scarecrow-88 from United States
12 January 2010

Normally the mere mention of bestiality has me immediately heading in the opposite direction. It creeps me out to just think about it. That said, director Robinson Devor's moody photography and use of music makes his documentary, Zoo, stimulating visually and aesthetically despite the provocative subject matter. It's about an air traffic controller whose pals are a small group associating at a farmer's large farm, sharing a dark secret to themselves..each member of this small group of men have affectionate sex with horses! You know, in this day and age, the way people worship and adore their pets, perhaps zoophilia(..a scientific term for people who REALLY love their animals)isn't as shocking as, say, 50 years ago. Devor uses actors in the roles of those certain individuals involved in the case of a man who died of internal bleeding after repeated sex with horses damaged him physically. When news broke out about this, a media storm changed the lives of those who committed these "concensual" acts with horses forever. Through audio interviews, the filmmakers actually allow us to be the judge, giving all those involved an opportunity to express their true feelings. In other words, Devor approaches the subject from all sides, while shooting scenes of the place using actors, richly capturing developed scenarios as they probably happened during the time leading up to the unfortunate demise of a rather melancholy man who found solace with a horse. While I may've been repulsed at the idea that men participated in such acts with horses, I was in awe with how Devor presents the story to us, taking us through what might've happened. Devor goes as far as creating a character for the man who died, his name, "Mr. Hands." Mr. Hands is treated rather enigmatic, with those who knew him even coloring him ambiguously.

Not for kids or the squeamish tale of different sort of love that will make you react in some way shape or form

Author: dbborroughs from Glen Cove, New York
24 December 2007

This is a documentary on a group of animal lovers brought to light when one of their number was killed when a horse had sex with him.

The audio is real, the rest is recreation, the result is a oddly undisturbing-or perhaps disturbing because its not so disturbing tale of a group of people who love animals and the event that shattered their world. In some ways its more an essay than I'm still trying to get my head around what I just saw. I'm not disturbed by it or the actions of the people in the least, I am however shocked at how even handed the film is. Its not so much about the sex, its about people following their hearts and trying to find a place to belong and what happens when the calm of your world is shattered. We also see how the outside world over reacts to the events (which were not illegal when the death occurred) as people try to get their heads around things which they don't understand even remotely. As one of the guys says "why was I okay one day and evil the next? What changed?" Its given me a great deal to mull over. If films should provoke a reaction then its a winner, if great films are suppose to make you think then its a great film. On that level its an 8 out of 10. On any other level I'm going to have to wit and see how I feel after I mull this over.

Overblown self-indulgence with treason thrown in for good measure.

Author: Ed from United States
24 October 2009

I simply couldn't believe how self-indulgent others could be.

I am speaking of the zoophiles, of course, but mostly the stupidly pretentious film maker.

A contrived Philip Glass-ish score and the faux moodiness showed me this director fancies his creation as the next Koyaanisqatsi. It is hysterically terrible, in that regard, absolutely from start to finish.

Folks, this movie is about a group of people who love their animals more than you love yours. Yep. More than you.

These people are hard-core liberals. Peacenik and conspiracy radio and what passes for leftist 'intellectual' fun abounds in this silly brooding homosexual real-life fantasy.

You see, the guy that gets dead from receiving more love from his animal than you have from yours was an employee at Boeing with a Top-Secret clearance. He saw the light, though, and became a treasonous, leftist, homosexual zoophile. He and his band of merry animal lovers shared EVERYTHING with each other. It is clear from the dialogue that the now-departed has left his leftist, zoophile buddies with info that no one should have. What a guy!

The long, backlit overblown shadowy film work and the crap Phil Glass imitation is *absolutely* over-the-top. Fake 'Heavy-ness' saturates every scene.

The despised female that ultimately captures the killer horse immediately castrates him, but then in laboriously hilarious dialogue explains to the viewer her conversion to see the zoophile's side of the matter.

Now, she probably has nightmares that she gelded that stallion because, at bottom, she deprived another ?man? from receiving more 'horse love' than you ever will!

Well, since there's a leftist traitor to his country that gets it in the end, I almost raised the score to 2 stars... Nah.

A very daring film!

Author: greencardink from United States
9 October 2008

I recently caught the film "Zoo" and noted that it portrays bestiality members as normal people and victims of an unfair world... a world who does not understand their lifestyle (much like the homosexual debate). This film seem to gloss over the real psychological issues behind people who choose this life. The psychology aspect into deviant sexuality is non-existent. Though in todays time it is still fashionable for society to ridicule and hate human animal relationships, but sooner of later the cries of these people will grant them the same acceptance that homosexuals are slowly getting today.

Psychology has abandoned any public research into the reasons behind deviant sexual practices, because of the public pressures during the 70s protests. For some reason or another we've thrown our faith into genetics as a means to define a persons sexual orientation. We don't use genetics to explain murderers, child molesters, homelessness, and other unorthodox social lifestyles, so why is homosexuality given a pass? Just some food for thought.

The similarities between homosexuals and bestiality lovers is uncanny! Take a look at the Cleveland Street Scandal in London... Homosexuals were criminalized much like bestiality lovers are today!

How in the world did this thing get made!?

Author: tonymurphylee from USA
18 August 2008

Okay! There are some seriously messed up films that are allowed to come out these days. We already had a seriously disturbing and distasteful piece of demoralizing propaganda come out in 2008 called EXPELLED: NO INTELLIGENCE ALLOWED! The year before that, we have this film titled ZOO. I read about it online. I found it in a rental store and think it looks real weird. I ask up front and the guy says that it's about sex and horses. Okay? What's that supposed to mean? I was afraid to ask. Basically, long story short, I found a way to view this film without having to pay for it, much like I did with EXPELLED: NO INTELLIGENCE ALLOWED. Lets just say I watched them at a friend's house. Anyway, ZOO has got to be one of the most corrupt films I have ever had the unfortunate opportunity to view. It is a film with such distasteful and blatantly inhuman views and lack of regard to all who view it expecting a beautiful Independent film. The director technically hasn't hurt anybody, but if he ever acted on what he appears to be a part of, he should be locked away for crimes against humanity. This film is about people who have the desire and regularly take part in the supposedly "healthy" act of having sex with horses. In this film's view, it is a beautiful and great thing to do. I could not make this stuff up if I tried. The filmmakers actually attempt to justify having sex with animals. Does it work? Well, it works about as well as EXPELLED does at explaining Intelligent Design in a cohesive and understandable fashion. Does that answer the question? Well, to be blunt, No, the film fails. Now lets get back to the concept itself. why would anybody have sex with a horse? Because it feels good? Because animals have body language? Because a horse won't judge your performance? These are not reasons, these are excuses! What these people are doing is not a natural and moral thing to do! Having sex with animals is abuse! Sex is the act of sharing. What these people are doing is not sharing. They are taking advantage of animals that have done nothing to hurt them. There is no way somebody can excuse something like this. There is absolutely no way a person can justify this. It is rape. It is just as bad as having sex with a child. It is sick to do these things and I am not at all convinced that the people that do these things have it all together. The film isn't about sex with horses. It is about trying to justify the act of raping a horse and the fact that the director is allowed to put this out and it is allowed to be put in a public place like my local family video store is just wrong. And sure, I'm a homosexual, and people have told me countless times that what I do is immoral and wrong. I always ask them the same question. "Why?" I'm not hurting anybody when I have sex with a member of the same sex. It doesn't feel wrong or immoral to me. I'm aware that it's a completely natural and healthy thing to do, as evidenced by science (the physical and psychological characteristics of a homosexual and a heterosexual), by hundreds of years of human history(Alexander the Great, Michaelangelo, Leonardo Da Vinci, Socrates), and by nature itself(gay dogs, gay monkeys,gay rams, gay giraffes, and even gay horses ironically). And you know what how those people always answer? They always simply say "It's a sin." Well who is to say? Sure, you could say the bible. However, the bible makes it pretty darn clear that judging people, lying, stealing, being cruel and rude, and killing are all greater sins than being a homosexual. So sure, being a homosexual may or may not be a sin, but not letting somebody be a homosexual and constantly referring to them as a sinner is an even greater and more grave sin. I wouldn't want to see a film about justifying homosexuality but I'd rather see a film about that than about this, but I guess those sorts of films aren't available to the public. The fact that major studios have decided to put out a movie about justifying the rape of horses and make that available in a public place like my local video store rather than a movie about justifying homosexuality is just sick and this film should be nothing more than a reminder about how diseased and disturbed the world is.

Decent

Author: Michael_Elliott from Louisville, KY
1 April 2008

Zoo (2007)

** 1/2 (out of 4)

Controversial documentary about a Seattle man who died from internal bleeding after having sex with a horse. I don't think anyone can deny that there are some strange sexual acts carried out throughout the world and what might turn one off could turn another one off. With the internet it seems you can find just about anything and to a point I've always understood how some people might feel one way but that's not the case when it comes to bestiality and I was really hoping this documentary would explain how someone would be sexually turns on by an animal. I wanted to know why but the documentary really doesn't answer that. This is part film and part documentary as we get re-enactments of the incident with voice overs from some of the people involved including the dead man's brother and sister as well as two men who were at the house when the man died. Nothing graphic is ever shown but we hear the four tell their stories about what happened and in the end no one really knows what happened except that this man had sex with the horse and ended up dying. This is a rather strange documentary because it's not really presented as a documentary and I think this hurts the film overall. I think it would have been better to do a pure documentary or a pure film. This half and half business makes for a surreal movie but you sit through this disturbing topic and in the end you don't learn or find out anything. I think there could be a good documentary on the subject but this isn't it.

worthless

Author: RecTumBen from Montréal, Canada
22 July 2007

i do not understand why people are freaked out about this self indulging piece of crap. I'm open minded...

This may contain spoiler...

But to feed me and to try to make me feel sorry about a guy who willingly killed himself by allowing is stallion to inseminate him...even if cross species and even from male to male crap doesn't equal baby's. So why bother...the guy was depress and not able to admit that he was gay so he went the all nine yard brokeback mountain style except he was under and thats it...F*** the mammal to mammal love and PETA bull****...

This is suppose to be serious but it is funny as hell!

Author: Arlis (mellow@tricomcorp.net) from KY- United States
24 January 2007

A Man dies after having sex with a horse basically - How much more do you need to know lol - OK so thats a cheap shot, it's not exactly a bestiality movie or anything of the sort. It is just plain weird - very different and I hope it gains the recognition it deserves because so many movies are carbon copies of the same crap we've been seeing forever and originality is rare in film these days - so thank god for something as out there as this - watch it people!

Sundance has always got the goods and one can only hope the good films make it and the crap stays hidden, I also want to recommend the movie TEETH which was a hidden masterpiece about a legendary story that needs to be put onto film. Thumbs up to these brave filmmakers.

Page 5 of 5: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5]