IMDb > "CMT Giants" Reba (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"CMT Giants" Reba (2006)

1 of 3 Episodes | Next »

Outstanding entertainment that should be on HD-DVD

Author: boblynchall from United States
20 December 2006

Not only was this a salute to beautiful entertainer Reba McEntire, but the technical production and staging (including HDTV broadcast) was one of the more entertaining and musical telecast one might find these days.

This CMT special would make an excellent release on HD-DVD to enjoy for years to come (or even a traditional DVD). One can catch IPTV segments on CMT's website, but not the same as the beautiful HD telecast back in November 2006. If you can catch a re-run of this musical 'Giant', do so. Reba rounds-out event with a a striking song and outfit to thank her many many fans.

Wow - what a line-up!

Author: Babys-man from United States
17 September 2007

I gave this a 7 because I'm not a big fan of tribute shows.

What a great "who's who" of country music: Loretta Lynn, Dolly, Barbara Mandrell, Wynona, Trisha Yearwood, Martina McBride, Faith Hill, LeAnn Rimes, Kelly Clarkson, Vince Gill, Keith Urban, et al.

I'm not a big fan of Reba's singing. She has a great voice, and certainly shows that she knows her way around a set of lyrics. A friend of mine said Reba "chews" her words - not a technical critique, but I know what she (my friend) means. I do truly enjoy Reba's acting and comedy. Her comedic timing isn't flawless, but it is very, very good.

Finally, when Reba was introduced to come up to speak, she received a standing ovation. That's to be expected - I believe I never have seen a tribute show where the guest of honor did *not* get a standing ovation. But I'm quite sure I never have heard such a *joyful* round of applause - it was marvelous! I cannot quite put my finger on it; I guess she just inspires such genuine devotion, but it was truly different from other similar occasions. It definitely was not just the case of people clapping because it was time to. They seemed genuinely to want to let Reba know that they adored her.

If rebroadcast, it is a must to see if you missed it the first time.

Author: lindagrewell from United States
1 August 2007

I taped this show and have watched it many times. It is so very enjoyable. I agree with the above post that the stage, band and performers were excellent. I would also love to have it on DVD as I'm afraid I'll wear this tape out. What a wonderful tribute to a marvelous woman and what a star studded cast of performers. It can't get much better than this. If any one doesn't know anything about Reba, after this show they will know all about her. She is special, not just for her singing, (which would probably be enough) but also for her acting on stage, screen and television and for all the wonderful things she does for charities throughout the world. I strongly urge you to watch for it to be televised again on CMT and make a note to watch it.