IMDb > Cash (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Cash More at IMDbPro »

It should have been called Trash instead of Cash

Author: Chrysanthepop from Fraggle Rock
12 August 2007

I had a dinner invitation at a family friend's, and they decided to watch 'Cash'. I didn't want to be rude so I didn't object. Anubhav Sinha does a good job on spending the producer's cash on set design, animation, location and special effects among other technical gizmo's. It all looks both tacky and out of place. The reason why I say spend instead of waste is because probably the producer will make a lot of bucks out of Trash. Depends on the majority of Indian audience, doesn't it? Of course the screenplay is pretty trash and direction is pretty amateurish. Sinha seems to love slow motion as almost every action and chase scene has shots of tiring slow motion that drag on. This film also tries to show that hot women are stupid. After brilliantly playing intelligent women in 'Fareb' and 'Zeher', Shamita Shetty decided to play a bimbo and she's probably one of the stupidest head security officer. Ajay Devgan should not have attempted any comedy. He's quite bad. Question for Sunil Shetty: Why are you still in films? Of course Cash boasts of more non-talents. Dia Mirza looks hot and plays stupid. Ayesha Takia, Esha Deol, Zayed Khan and Riteish Deshmukh are also stupid. Deol does show off her nice body but what happened to the rest? This is really a bad waste of time. But it will appeal to many who love their hot women to be stupid and the guys to be stronger and only marginally smarter and it also helps if there are some cheesy action scenes and pathetic gadgets and crap. 'Cash' is Trash No 1!

Don't waste your cash

Author: springsunnywinter from United Kingdom
10 August 2007

I was looking forward to this film because it was the same director (Anubhav Sinha) of the relentless thriller Dus and the trailer looked really cool but the film was so disappointing. The whole film was Extremely boring that I had a sore head & I felt like ripping my arm out and constantly bash my head with it. The film was nearly 3 hours and had only 10 minutes of action. I just don't know what is the gender? If its action then there is hardly any. If its thriller then it wasn't even a jot thrilling. If its comedy then it lacks a single decent joke basically it has nothing. While I was watching it I had six breaks, not one, not two but six breaks, which is the most I ever had for any movie.

There was an animated sequence every 5 or 10 minutes which was very, very irritating because you can't have 2 moods for a film. There is a proper way of putting animated sequence in a film e.g. Karam had a very sensible way but the director Anubhav Sinha won't understand that. The only good scene was the song Reham Kare because of the awesome cinematography quite similar to Sin City and the wonderful red dress of the dancer. Music is terrific composed by one of my favourite composers Vishal & Shekhar. The best songs are Cash, Reham Kare & Naughty Naughty but what is the use of it in a really bad film? I was more interested in the film's ending not because the twist or anything would be revealed in the last reel but because it would mean the end of discomfiture of the so-called action thriller. There was a twist but it didn't make me jump off my seat and say WOW! in movies like Naqaab & Dead Silence. Overall after watching good for nothing Cash I nearly died of boredom and my personal advice would be to avoid this film. Save your cash and wait for Don 2 & Dhoom 3 for decent Bollywood action movie.

What Cash Really stands for - Crap Awful Sad Horrible

Author: nickshy from New Delhi, India
7 August 2007

Let me start by saying that I like actor Ajay Devgan, and loved Omkara, and when I heard about Cash, I was only expecting good things... at least until the movie started that is.

The dialogue in this movie is awful, and the script is non existence, people come and go with absolutely no point, and the film makers got lazy during some of the action scenes or maybe they went over budget so they thought they can get away with it by putting cartoons whenever the action was "too hot to handle" so to say...oh how wrong they were.

The movie had no clue of what to do as it jumped from one scene to next without making or trying to make sense, this movie has no meaning, the situations are there to show different actors doing different things, and to fill up 3 hours.

Ajay Devgan had his moments in the movie, and while Esha Deol was adorable, Shamita shetty proved she can not act.

The cleavage in movies now a days seems to be increasing, as there was lot of that in there, not that I am complaining but if only more work was done on the script and production, it would not be such a waste, what I don't understand is how can someone read the script of a movie such as this and think of making a movie with it.

The way I see it the script was three pages, first page would have been cast and crew, third page credits and second page...missing.

In one word I can sum up cash as dreadful, it's the kind of movie that you watch and afterwords, you don't feel like your money is gone or even that it is over, but that 3 hours of your life have gone away and will never come back.

Don't watch this movie if you are looking for something meagerly entertaining.

Cash Sucks CASH out of your Pocket!

Author: tycoon2007 from Detroit, MI
5 August 2007

There is no storyline! This is a complete waste of time.

Screen shots are just put together without a flow.

It jumps to animation when the action scene comes up.

Biggest FLOP of the year so far in Bollywood! Don't watch this movie.

Even the beginning intro song is a bore! Don't waste your time or CASH! I can't believe that the film was even edited. I don't think the actors or the director even watched the film all at one.

I should have seen the reviews before going out to see it. The action packed scenes are taken away with the animation. Some of the action is worse then that of a cartoon. The storyline just doesn't fit because there is none!

2 hours something minutes of my life never coming back.

Author: ishuanand from United Kingdom
7 August 2007

I recently got an opportunity to see Cash, well I wasn't expecting much from the film but even then it was a disappointing affair.

Even though the movie has an excellent line up of stars, some how their true potential could not be extracted.

A lot of animation was unnecessarily used in this movie perhaps to save money which would otherwise have been used for SFX.

The movie had so many goofs, it seemed the editing team was asleep while cutting the final prints.

All in all Ajay Devgan has some good moments but they are a far cry from saving this move. Watch this at your own risk.

Made me forget what a good movie is like...

Author: rahat04 from Canada
11 August 2007

Gosh, I was hoping for something crazy cool and ended up whiling away a few hours with something that was crazy crap. Its as good as a bunch of random clips stuck together, and every neat scene is replaced with some bad cartoon placeholder. Like, WHAT!

If I were the editor I'd have slapped the director for imaging that to be a MOVIE.

Last I checked a movie was a story told in the form of a video, and here I was watching crap told in the form of a wannabe video. For all the neat marketing they did, who'd have thought that crap would've been the result...maybe they'll do us a favor and title the movie CRAP next time...

Lets hope to god that Bollywood shuts this movie away for the rest of forever and all directors keep in mind to never pull another Cash...

What a mess...

Author: Jan van Steenbergen (ijzeren_jan) from Opoczno, Poland
7 September 2009

A horrible film. Simply horrible. Much worse than might be expected of a cast, most of whom have at least played a few really good roles in their lives. My expectations weren't particularly high, and I definitely didn't expect a masterpiece; but even truckloads of popcorn can't turn this movie into something remotely entertaining. I did my very best to follow the story somehow, in spite of its (to put it gently) fragmentary beginning. After that, however, all sense is lost completely, until nobody knows anymore who is chasing whom and what for. Utter chaos. The animated sequences that somehow manage to amuse in the beginning, become irritating soon. I have a strong impression that the director of this movie tries to imitate Oliver Stone's manners, but whereas Stone uses them as a means to convey something, in this case it's nothing but tricks. Add a few misplaced comic sequences to the mix, lots of action sequences that would have worked if we knew at least what they are about, and there you have it. It looks like they tried damned hard to conceal a lack of budget and a lack of script, but failed on both accounts. Expect for the title song, which is sort of funny, the songs aren't worth mentioning either. The background score is better, in my opinion. As for the acting:

Ajay: not bad, but nothing particularly good either.

Zayed: how is it possible that this actor keeps on playing in movies, despite an obvious lack of talent?

Ritesh: a nice role and well performed. The most bearable part in the whole movie, if you ask me.

Sunil: completely colorless, which is a pity, because he's too good an actor for this type of junk.

Esha: never liked her until I saw "Darling"; not too bad in this movie, I'd say.

Diya: hard to say. I like her, but I don't know why myself.

Shamita: it took me a while before I was sure this wasn't Shilpa, but Shilpa's younger sister. They are very similar to each other, in the same way as Kareena and Karisma are. Not so bad either.

Total crap!!!

Author: jahangirhussain74 from United States
19 July 2012

Well, honestly I expected a better movie from Anubhav Sinha. He did an okay job with DUS. With CASH, he bowls a complete zero. The story wasn't thought out well. I wonder if there was a script at all! Nothing is in place in this movie. Ajay Devgan looks bored and his pairing with Shamita Shetty looks odd. Shamita impresses with her stunts but the script lets her down. Zayed Khan has style and can go miles in the future. Riteish looks somewhat bored too but does an okay job in the comedy department. Esha Deol was a huge disappointment! Suniel Shetty was utterly ridiculous as the villain. He is an actor who never got the opportunity to invest his talent in a good movie. And judging by his looks and age, we better hope for his retirement from acting as soon as possible! Dia Mirza did what she has to do and that was about it. She does nothing to rise above a mundane script. CASH would've been an exciting, never-before-seen action thriller of Bollywood. But the script lets it down completely. The climax was so disappointing that you feel like shooting the writers to death. Avoid!!!

A Big Let-Down

Author: nikejaveri from United Arab Emirates
7 August 2007

This movie was very highly awaited, a multi-starrer movie with all the big names casting in it. But this movie has rather been a big disappointment.

Nothing in the movie was convincing except the exceptional songs but even the songs were put in the wrong place and at the wrong time. It is not like any other movie in which all the scenes would be put together to make out a logical film but was rather a film where the director wants to show us some good cars, a hell lot of stunts, thats it! I think I'll have to watch the movie again to understand the movie properly.

All in all, I would say a poor film. I'll give it 3/10

Stylish Action Thriller

Author: aaronbir from canada
15 July 2017

Nice storyline good screenplay good romance good comedy good twists and turns

I loved the action fighting scenes they were really impressive and really enjoyable

Ajay devgn is brilliant Sunil shetty is good as the villain zayed khan is amazing ritiesh is awesome esha is good dia is great shamita shetty is excellent

Songs are really impressively good and it was really cool how it was animated

Overall 7/10