Billy Hughes, a mute makeup artist working on a slasher film being shot in Moscow, is locked in the studio after hours. While there she witnesses a brutal murder, and must first escape ... See full summary »
An impoverished woman who has been forced to choose between a privileged life with her wealthy aunt and her journalist lover, befriends an American heiress. When she discovers the heiress is attracted to her own lover and is dying, she sees a chance to have both the privileged life she cannot give up and the lover she cannot live without.
Helena Bonham Carter,
I just saw this film and, like my summary line says, think this portrays some of the most inconceivable human behavior that can be put on film. It's technical aspects aren't bad so I won't give it a 1, but it's too bad the camera and sound crew didn't have the support of a credible script. The writers should be taken out and slapped silly.
The basic premise consists of
1) Stupid Dad takes Stupid Family on a camping trip
2) Stupid Dad meets Creepy Guy and his wife
3) Stupid Family meets the Creepys over and over
4) The Creepys do creepy things and the Stupids ignore it, keep it to themselves or explain it away with non-logic as they are obliged to do
5) The Creepys do their BIG CREEPY THING and, of course, puts the Stupids in mortal peril
6) The Stupids somehow prevail (out of luck, fortunate timing, coincidental meet-ups, etc.) and the Creepys are vanquished... The End
It isn't damning that the plot is predictable (which it is), but that all the explanation given as to why Daddy Stupid does this or that or what drives Mr. Creepy to be creepy is irrelevant. You can't possibly care about all that when you can't begin to believe (much less relate to) the characters. One example, You just ran over someone. What do you do? Forget the cell phone. Call for help? Nah! Why not run around the woods for a while and poke through some old home videos? Oh yeah, don't forget to tell the kids 'Stay here!' before you go running off. Perfect!
Skip this one unless you've missed all the horror movies out since you were a kid, or just like bad formula movies.
4 of 9 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?