IMDb > "Gilmore Girls" Go, Bulldogs! (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Gilmore Girls" Go, Bulldogs! (2006)

« Prev | 138 of 154 Episodes | Next »

it may contain spoilers (please check on that)

Author: felixoteiza from Canada
9 November 2006

I discovered the G.G.(reruns)during the summer, while switching channels after midnight, and I after only ten minutes I became totally hooked on it. Lorelai's sharp wit took me by storm, her rocky relation with her mother, her funny "double entendres" with Luke, before they got finally together; his clumsy courting of her, at the end of the 4th season is a classic, a real gem, a delight. I came to think of the G.G as one of the best series I have ever seen on TV, if not the best, and I even came to the point of seriously considering forking out the needed three hundred, or more, dollars to acquire the complete selection. Infortunatelly, there it came season 7.

If there is anything that can be comparable to Chernobyl, the sinking of the Titanic, in TV land, that's the G.G. seventh season. Man, this is terrible, a complete disaster. The series has lost it wit, its edge, its soul. Not only that, some things we are supposed to believed are so unreal,so dumb. Who could ever believe that a girl who feels abandoned by her natural father, who had to grow up, become an adult, without him, would even stomach the sight or him making up with her mother; who in his right mind would ever think that Lorelai and Chris--the greatest bore on earth, by the way--would be doing the right thing--words of Emily, Richard--by getting together and "giving Rory a home", the same Rory who has already become an adult and getting on with her own life? It makes no sense whatsoever. I personally know real life cases like that, and believe me, real life Rorys would never accept what I been watching (in horror) during the last few episodes--this is actually an exaggeration, because I don't watch it anymore; I can't stand it, it is too painful, it hurts. I can only watch segments.

So,it seems, Lorelai finally got want she wanted, "a boring, Dan Quayle, golden retriever, kind of happiness with a man"--but the real loss is for the viewers. Chris has managed to turn her into a bore just like himself, because all what is left of her former personality, her sharp, machine gun like, wit is nothing more that mindless, trivial yakking. (Even Dan Quayle himself could have done better than that) As for Rory, she doesn't seem to be doing any better. By the way, did she finally dump that bork (bore--jerk), Logan...?.

A final note: Please, wake me up at the end of the series, when Lorelai has realized that Luke is, after all, the man of her life; or Kirk, or Michel, or even Taylor; when Rory has made up her mind between Dean and Jess; when Sookie and Jackson have decided to join a travelling circus and taken Miss Patty with them as a fortune teller; when Kirk has signed up for the next trip to the moon; when Taylor has been elected senator and Emily gets to be cloned. Otherwise, don't bother.