IMDb > Really (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Really More at IMDbPro »

An original, amusing film.

Author: TiMcMan from United Kingdom
31 March 2008

A truly great, interesting film, I have no clue what did the previous commentator talk about. I think she was completely off the mark. Mitelpunkt's film is extremely entertaining and original, a combination which is unfortunately very rare these days. Great work by all the actors, who move from the dramatic to the comic with great conviction and take us with them. This is one of a few films in which the characters don't act like characters in a movie, but like people actually do. Mitelpunkt's keen eye captures the naked behaviour of the people in Eleanor's life and shows the lovely, generous, pathetic, funny, and exciting aspects of people in front of a camera. I personally really enjoyed it.

Dull as Dishwater

Author: sadia_nasim from United Kingdom
15 March 2008

Really was an extremely poor film with a bad storyline. The movie was filmed in a very boring and slow fashion with strange characters and seemed to have little purpose. I agree with Eleanor's housemate's comments about this movie and that it is just about a women who sleeps with a man she neither really likes or feels much for. In a sense you do not know whether Eleanor the main character is just desperate (she seems to lead a dull lonely life) or completely bored that she would settle for anyone or anything. The one thing this movie does teach you though is what nonsense life coach's can speak. Nothing much else happens in this film so as my comments above state it is as dull as dishwater and I would certainly not recommend anyone to go watch, you would be more entertained by going to your local café/ pub for the evening. I do not understand how this film got a good review on IMDb because it certainly does not deserve it, so please do not waste your time or your money by watching this film, that's the best piece of advice I can offer.