IMDb > Made of Honor (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 10 of 11: [Prev][5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Great movie

Author: smkmamd from Canada
1 May 2008

I too was wondering how they would pull this off as it has been compared to Best Friends Wedding but in reverse. However, they did it and did it better. I saw a screening last night and it was incredibly well done. I loved it. It was refreshing to see a romantic comedy from a male perspective. Patrick Dempsey was able to handle any situation that came up on screen and make it believable from the humorous to the poignant. His female counterpart also held her own in her character as his friend and romantic interest. You were kept guessing how it would all end until it was wrapped up and with a most satisfactory ending.

Go see this film - I don't think you'll be disappointed. He makes a very good Made of Honor and a happy ending is guaranteed. The scenery in Scotland is gorgeous as well.

I hated it!!!

Author: paubegona from Mexico
2 May 2008

I love chick flicks and I love Patrick Dempsey...and I was so disappointed with this film IT SUCKED...The "humorous" parts were not funny at all...and I just think the script was a good idea but they just didn't know how to execute it right. Since the beginning you could tell it wasn't going to be a good movie...I even enjoyed 27 dresses but this had a lot side stories that just didn't go right with the main plot...I also don't get why it opened first here in Mexico...I mean I don't mind that because usually movies get here months after they've opened in the US but I would like to have read a review before just going because I wanted to see Patrick Dempsey...my husband wanted to kill me...we laughed because we couldn't believe how bad it was...

On my honor, this is a most enjoyable film for romantics everywhere

Author: Amy Adler from Toledo, Ohio
3 May 2008

Tom (Patrick Dempsey) is a successful Manhattan businessman who is also an aging "player" in the dating world. He has a set of rules for his interactions with the opposite sex, such as never taking a casual date to a family wedding or visiting a girlfriend more than once a week, and he sticks to them. He does, however, have a "best friend" in his life who happens to be a woman, Hannah (Michelle Monaghan). Good buddies since a chance encounter in college, Hannah is the only female Tom seems to utterly respect and they get together almost daily to "hang out" and deal with life's ups and downs. Needless to say, when Hannah travels to Scotland for a work related assignment, Tom finds out how acutely he needs her in his life. So much so, that Tom vows to ask Hannah to be his girlfriend when she comes back. But, lo and behold, when Hannah returns from the British Isles, she has a handsome Scotman in tow and the proclamation that she is engaged and very soon to be married. Not only that, but she asks Tom to be her "maid of honor" for the upcoming nuptials. What a whirlwind! Distraught to the core, Tom makes a supreme effort to fulfill his role as an honorable aid to the future bride while secretly planning to derail the intended ceremony. Can Tom win Hannah for himself or is is too late? On my honor, this is a darling film that should please most audiences. It has attractive stars, a nice supporting cast, wonderful costumes, nice amenities, gorgeous scenery, and a funny script. Compliments should be extended to everyone involved in the making of this winner. But, this writer does have a couple of quibbles. One is that Dempsey, while a very handsome man with star power, is just a bit too old, yes, for his role as a supposedly 32 year old man. No, it doesn't matter much, but one is aware of it. Secondly, as usual, the man in the film gets to play around with women's affections to excess, all the while still desiring a woman who makes good choices and doesn't simply "sleep around". This is one double standard in film that should be addressed, at some point. Nevertheless, these objections will NOT detract any viewer from enjoying this funny and romantic film. Do catch Made of Honor very soon. You will be most happy with your decision to do so.

Today is my perfect day in part because of this movie and a better reason to watch it I can not give you then this

Author: cindyslove79 from Canada
20 September 2008

I have an announcement for the world I am Kenneth Owen Dunn engaged to Cindy Faith Tran the best friend I have ever had in Calgary Alberta Canada my birthday was September 16 the day that this movie came out on video and the first time I have ever seen this movie the first scene the movie starts in 1998 at the first year I would have started college so the main actor played by Patrick Dempsey is my soul mates and my exact age 29 I asked my fiancé for my birthday to buy her wedding dress and to show it to her mother. Today is September 20 2008 and today my Twin Sister Skylene Maria Jean Pendleton has come to town to have her birthday with me. I just talked to my wife on the phone and she is going to be leaving shortly to buy her wedding dress today no joke and so I have a gift for my twin sister as well to see my wife's wedding dress when she sees me later today. So this movie will always be my wedding movie and a more perfect one I could not have asked my father God for a better gift for my birthday.

Thank you to every prince and princess in the world who would care to read this and share my joy in my wife.

Whoever you are I love you with all of my heart and I pray this movie gives you the same joy that I feel now sitting on my computer telling you my happy day

Best Romantic Comedy I've Seen In A While!!

Author: dog-cat-house from United States
13 May 2008

It's really hard these days to walk out of a movie thinking that every bit of it was fantastic. The plot was always moving, and I don't think there was any unnecessary "filler" type stuff. It had great transitions, was easy to follow, and it never felt like it was dragging or rushing along. Each character was interesting and realistic--no one was cheesy. Patrick Dempsey was great in this role, and so was the girl in the lead. They had great chemistry, and when they kissed in the bar in Scotland, I was so excited! (And I was glad they didn't get caught by anyone other than her mom lol!) I enjoyed seeing the views of NYC and Scotland also. There were several funny moments, and my friends and I are still quoting the movie. Can't wait until it comes out on DVD!

Adorable

Author: alwaysxrissa from United States
3 May 2008

I went into the theater after seeing the preview less than an hour before. After reading some of the comments on here I didn't have high hopes, the whole thing sounded cliché. And yes, there were some cliché moments in the film but the ideas and jokes of the plot made it different from other movies like it. And unlike most movies, most of the best jokes were not in the trailer, making them all the more funny when they were seen. Michelle Monaghan and Patrick Dempsey were fantastic in their roles and really pulled off the emotions and conflicts going on within each character. This was an excellent movie that I'd recommend to anyone looking for a cute comedy.

A Great Subtle Look At Relationships

Author: tabuno from utah
4 May 2008

This carefully crafted relationship movie finely weaves its delicate balance between humor and dumb comedy. This movie never goes for the over the top, ridiculous humor and instead holds back making this movie believable and watchable for its strikingly on target look at the difference between falling in love and being in love. A lot of what goes on in this movie is not what is said, but the actions that men oftentime stumble over when it comes to women. Except for the stumbling, perhaps unrealistic, underdeveloped man's man scenes at the beginning and another underdeveloped sequence towards the middle of this movie where Patrick Dempsey is doing the becoming a maid of honor transformation, and finally the horse over perhaps a more convincing swimming feat this movie is spot on in its portrayal of men and women and relationships. It is funny without being gross and it is particularly sensitive and insightful in its treatment of emotional feelings and what we are oftentimes afraid or and ignorant. Perhaps for those critics who somehow over look the finer points of this movie, perhaps its because they themselves still have a lot to learn and not yet ready to really appreciate the underlying qualities that this movie possesses. Solid Eight out of Ten Stars.

This Movie is Not Worth the Breath

Author: Monika Fandango from United States
2 May 2008

Ugh, this movie, like, so totally blew. Colin sucked. It wasn't even worth making fun of at some moments, because it was so cheap. And boring. Save your money. And your time. And your life. The concept is so ridiculous. A MAN as a MAID OF HONOR??? Are you kidding me? Patrick Dempsey is trying to be a Lifetime movie star or even his "Grey's Anatomy" counterpart, Katherine Heigl. At least Ms. Heigl has "Knocked Up" to credit to her name. Mr. Dempsey has nothing. I was also surprised to see Sydney Pollack. I believe Mr. Pollack was last seen in "Michael Clayton". From George Clooney to Patrick Dempsey? Disaster. BOTTOM LINE: Do yourself a favor and make fun of "Runaway Bride" instead. -48/10

Warning! Not for preteens!

Author: dmamhall from United States
5 May 2008

My rule for allowing my 11 year old going on 21 daughter to see a PG-13 movie is that I have to see it first to determine if it appropriate. Well, she and her friend wore me down and I agreed to take them. I did note that the film was originally rated R and had been edited to become PG-13. I was mistaken when I thought the editing would be sufficient! This is not a movie for tweens! While there was no nudity, there were many scantily clad females, male crotch shots, groping, sex toys, promiscuity, and tons of sexual innuendo. I have returned to my original rule and will not let this happen again! There is just too wide of a variance in the PG-13 rating. This movie is borderline PG-13/R at best. On the other hand, if I had been out with my girlfriends, we would have enjoyed it. Parents beware, NOT FOR YOUNG GIRLS!

m o h

Author: edwardzslady from United States
9 May 2008

i saw this movie when it 1st came out and let me tell you something, i loved it !! i couldn't believe how good it was.. especially the kilt part!! wow.. that was amazing!!

i give this movie a 10, Patrick and Michelle did a great job. i would recommend it to anyone that likes romance, and a bit of comedy. this movie never let me down, i would even love to see it again, thats how great it was! when i 1st heard of this movie i thought "omg, i have to see it! Patrick aka MC dreamy is in it ! hes amazing" and i was right... he was amazing..!!

if you haven't seen it yet, you should go now! you wont regret it ..

Page 10 of 11: [Prev][5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]