IMDb > "Frisky Dingo" (2006) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Frisky Dingo"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Frisky Dingo" More at IMDbPro »

We can NEVER go back to Arizona.

Author: paperballet from United States
27 January 2007

I would like to exclaim my undying support to the boys and girls at Adult Swim for making fine 18-35 demographic television for smart, funny people who have an often times ironic lifestyle. this show is another shining example of why i call Adult Swim "Television's Candy"- because, well it so is. the characters are often confused and normal- concerned with Cobra insurance and HMOs but the social commentary, once again, makes Cartoon Network look even better by allowing off-color humor to become a valuable, if not indispensable, part of entertainment. i cannot get enough of Killface. his sexual ambiguity and the violence that are sometimes even absurd for his "villain-esque" character make me giggle with delight. my boyfriend and i quote this show on a regular basis. i am now simply waiting on the DVD and a new season. this, i hope, is the future of television for my age. a 30-something adult with existential googly eyes awaiting more absurd TV. the genius of this show is fast dialog and a nurturing of characters like only the makers of sea lab could provide. bravo guys.

evil villains as caring parents

Author: jbbarrett from davis, Ca
1 December 2006

i absolutely love this show. you'd think after venture brothers and the tick a super hero send up would be old and tiresome by now, but the incredible humorists from sealab 2021 do a great job of exposing a new side to the comic motif.

most obvious is the way they use the corporate structure to mock super heroes. Xander crews is an incompetent CEO, Kill face is a struggling business man. I especially liked the part where killface lost his health insurance for his company.

my favorite though are the "tender" moments between killface and his son simon. its hard being a single father, harder still when you're trying to blow up the world.

this is fast becoming my favorite adult swim show, i think its even better than robot chicken and Aqua teen hunger force.

Absolutely HILARIOUS

Author: 73Zero from San Francisco, CA
23 April 2008

I've been out of the loop in terms of Adult Swim programming for a while, and recently came across Frisky Dingo via OnDemand. Not knowing anything about the show, but finding the title hilarious, I figured "Oh what the hell". I'm glad I did. As a matter of fact, I bought the season one DVD shortly after watching my first Frisky Dingo episode. Now I'm just craving for more. I find the characters hilarious, especially Killface. His dialog alone is worth watching the show.

Watching shows like The Venture Brothers, I was happy that Cartoon Network was actually creating "smart" cartoons geared towards adults. Frisky Dingo is absolutely hilarious and a must see.

incredible show

Author: jwj098 from United States
15 January 2007

Agree with above. It is now our favorite show on cartoon network. We try not to watch too much TV, but it is now as highly anticipated as The Daily Show or The Colbert Report. Only problem is it's 15 minutes a week. And the YouTube raters are idiots (2.5 stars while amateur hacked up Sonic video games to butt rock get 5 stars? Do those ratings mean anything?). The Atlanta folks have created so many wild characters -- Killface, Cruise, the Xticles, Antagone, on and on and on -- to last many seasons already, each taking a huge critical bite out of pop culture's ass. CN better keep this series going, there's so many loose ends already -- where is the Killbill revenge of Killface slave girl? When will Cruise have the showdown with "Alfred the corporate butler"? Etc. etc. How about move the damn show to an earlier or weekend time slot where it belongs?

This show is all like... BOOSH!

Author: TheEtherWalk from Canada
6 September 2010

Killface is an albino supervillain with plans to blast the earth into the sun with a weapon called "The Annhilatrix". Xander Crews is a chauvinistic, idiotic playboy leading a double life as a billionaire tycoon and a superhero "Awesome-X" with an army of armoured soldiers called "The Xtacles". Killface was once referred to as his "arch nemesis and secret buddy." Crews must stop his plans as they both deal with their personal issues and side characters in and around 'The Town', and struggle to become better businessmen.

That's as close as I can get to describing the plot, since the way the show is presented needs to be seen to be believed. The humour is extremely random and demented, often gleefully obscene and outrageously violent. Characters are often killed without any warning, and the plot lines and dialogue are all very stream-of-consciousness. The show is so knee-slappingly funny and endlessly quotable that it will imprint itself on your mind. Soon "Kakow", "Boosh" and "We can never go back to Arizona!" will become part of your regular vocabulary.

Almost every side character is awesomely hilarious. There's Mr. Ford, the double-entendre spewing judge, Ronnie the perverted Xtacle, Killface's gay (?) son Simon, Crew's girlfriend Grace Ryan who he treats like dirt and is also arch-villainess 'Ant-agony', some meth-addicted hooker, a lesbian wannabe assassin, a half-man/half-crab hybrid, a giant ant baby, and a giant ant baby machete squad. Come to think of it, Frisky Dingo is probably not for the easily offended or the pretentious...

This show also features what is probably that greatest character in Adult Swim history: Wendell. A former agent of the department of labour, turned psychopathic killing machine, this guy is disgusting, weird and a total ass to everyone he meets, including his best friend who he framed for murder and then tried to have sex with his wife. This guy needs his own show big time.

Unfortunately only two seasons of this series were made, and it ends with a big cliffhanger. The studio had financial issues as I understand. These two seasons though are an unparallelled work of comedy genius. That is, if you don't mind it being completely absurd and filled to the brim with epic, epic penis jokes. Mastah cylindahhhh!! Don't look over here at what I'm doing! You point at it! You celebrate yourself!!

Amazing!

Author: avador from United States
5 December 2007

Frisky Dingo (along with Metalocalypse) is easily the best show that Adult Swim has put out since Aqua Teen! The show is about the rivalries between a supervillain and superhero, who are probably the most incompetent pair of idiots in the history of television. The 'villain' is Killface; an anthrogendered guy that never wears clothes, has a rather passive friendly attitude and is really a nice loving father, despite his occasional tendency to kill people in front of their friends and make puppets out of their corpses. The 'hero' is Xander Cruz; a self centered billionaire playboy that is a tad bit promiscuous, and pretty much gets his way with everything, especially when it comes to his girlfriend.

The two are constantly trying to outwit the other's ambitions for raising enough money to run a promotion for destroying the world, market a successful toy line, defeat the other in the Presidential Elections, or pay off hookers not to revel one's identity, to name a few.

Whether it's the brilliant one-liners, the constant awkward silences, the humorous social commentary on American lifestyles, or the hilarious cultural references; Frisky Dingo is just an amazingly funny show that is a non-stop laugh fest from start to finish. Also, unlike most adult swim programs, the show actually does have a organized plot to it, although it's not necessary to follow, it does add a great deal to the show's enjoyment.

Greatest adultswim cartoon

Author: Alpha_PL from Bardo, Poland
12 February 2011

Frisky Dingo is undeniably the best show that adultswim has ever aired, and in my opinion is one of the best comedy shows ever.

The show's description in its IMDb page is only the tip of the iceberg, the show had so many great story lines that were awesome setups for even greater jokes. The show's even better in the subsequent viewings, then you will see the subtle foreshadowings of future story lines and characters whose appearances at first were "blink-and-you'll-miss-it" types, and then they were part of the main cast.

Each character even though they're not voiced by anyone whose name might ring a bell is voiced perfectly. The jokes come at a fast and furious pace, even though everything is prewritten one might not shake the feeling that every dialog is improvised between a group of friends, it's just so natural.

The amount of running jokes that this show established in just two seasons is staggering. Every time say Mr. Ford, whose ass is everywhere, pops up the laughs are guaranteed.

It's a shame we never got a third season, but the two are enough to keep any comedy-hungry TV fan satisfied.

I hated this but now i love it!!

Author: ashburn2477 from United States
16 April 2007

at first i didn't like this show because it didn't make sense and killface was like the weirdest thing i have ever seen so i never watched it. then the other night and they played the first episode and everything just clicked for me and it was the funniest thing ever. the basic premise is great: superheros and villains trying to operate in the "real" world while being held up by corporations, lawyers, hookers, etc.

i could see how this show would do very poorly since it rewards the repeat viewer, kinda like arrested development. i hope this show does very well and i cant friggin wait for next season.

Boosh!

p.s. killing Xander's evil twin, Merill (sp?), in order to make things less complicated was one of the funniest jokes i have ever seen.

Frisky Dingo (2006)

Author: SnakesOnAnAfricanPlain from United Kingdom
16 September 2012

Frisky Dingo is a bizarrely titled, and simply bizarre animated comedy that comes in 10 minute episodes. Over the course of two seasons we followed Killface, an evil supervillain, and Awesome-X a superhero. However, this is very different to everything you've seen before. The hero is a complete jackass, and not in the cocky kind of Tony Stark way. He is stupid and arrogant, but somehow his enthusiasm makes him very likable. He acts how he majority of us would probably act with superpowers. He has great powers and no responsibility. Killface is also not the typical villain, especially in season two when he runs for president. Killface is bringing up a son, and also has to deal with paperwork and politics of being a bad guy. It isn't as easy as just being evil. The world is also filled with wonderful side characters that seem to each want their own moment in the sun. The writing is very quick and has some wonderful lines based on absurd premises. The series does become too reliable on a particularly one note character come the second season, and it's a shame the story never really continued. What we do get is a show that's easy to digest in short increments or a lengthy marathon session.

One of the funniest shows I've seen

Author: El_DustinD from United States
3 November 2010

The characters are great and the brilliant lines come often. "Boosh" has been a part of my daily speech ever since. It's so sad that it only lasted 2 seasons.

If you have yet to see the show, you have to watch at least 6 episodes before you give up. I enjoy the first few, but the show really hits its stride once you get to know the characters. There is a lot of joke repetition and some things start to get funnier and funnier just because you wonder when you will hear the joke or line again.

The creators went on to make the show Archer. I certainly like that show, but I'd give it up to hang with Killface for just one more season.