"Law & Order: Criminal Intent" Blind Spot (2006)

« Prev | 112 of 195 Episodes | Next »

New Season Opens With A Bang, And A New Captain

Author: ccthemovieman-1 from United States
14 August 2008

Season Six gets off to a wild start, a story in which we see "Detective Alex Eames" (Kathryn Erbe) kidnapped; we meet "Det. Robert Goren's (Vincent D'Onofrio) old mentor "Declan Gage" (John Glover); we see three grisly killings and we meet Captain Deakins' replacement, "Captain Danny Ross" (Eric Bogosian).

Bogosian and Glover are movie stars and so is Martha Plimpton, who also guest stars here as Gage's daughter "Jo." Her role wasn't that much in here until the end but she gives a totally riveting performance the last 3-4 minutes as she talks about her life and her relationship with her father. If you think "Goren" is odd, wait until you see his former mentor. Glover dons long hair, goatee and almost looks like a freaked-out Sherlock Holmes. I liked all the one-on-one sessions he and Goren had in this episode.

The only person who rubbed me the wrong way (as a fan of this show and Goren & Eames) was Ross, the new boss. Unlike Deakins, who always supported his detectives, this guy has it out for Goren, already. I hope this doesn't turn out to be another "Dirty Harry" situation where the good cop has to battle not only the bad guys but his annoying boss, as well. After all the cases he's solved, "Goren" deserves more respect.

Whatever. With everything involved, this turns out to be quite a memorable episode.

Where Goren gets it from

Author: bkoganbing from Buffalo, New York
25 November 2015

This episode of Criminal Intent was the first that introduced Eric Bogosian as the new captain replacing Jamey Sheridan. It is certainly one of the wilder and woolier episodes ever done on the series.

A couple of murders and the kidnapping of Kathryn Erbe have Vincent D'Onofrio becoming quite unhinged. He's thinking that a noted serial killer has returned. Someone else also has returned. John Glover as a noted criminologist who counted the failure to apprehend the serial killer known as 'Sebastian' as the great failure of his career. Also returning is Glover's daughter Martha Plimpton.

If you want to know where Detective Robert Goren gets that quirky and eclectic style of his than the appearance of John Glover will provide the answers. Glover is as unforgettable here as he is as Lionel Luthor in Smallville.

Erbe herself through her own resourcefulness escapes and provides the means of identifying the perpetrator.

The episode is one of the best of the CI series. Poor Bogosian though almost gets lost in the show that D'Onofrio and Glover provide.

Blind Spot

Author: cdgrnr from United States
24 October 2012

I was not Law & Order: Criminal Intent before. I thought that Goren was very strange, and I did not like it. I am a huge fan of Martha Plimpton. She is amazing on Raising Hope. When I saw that she was in this episode, I immediately wanted to watch it. She had a minor part, but in the end she ended up playing a key role in the story line. This was a really great episode, and now I am a big fan of the show. This episode has a really good plot and things happen that I would not expect. In my opinion, Kathryn Eames gave the star performance. The scenes where she tries to escape from "Sebastian" are very great and she acted it out brilliantly. The most important scene comes from Plimpton's character and Detective Goren at the very end. She talks about her relationship with her father, who was Goren's mentor and the reason why she committed this crime. I came into this episode not liking the show, and now I do. This single episode changed my opinion of the show. If you have never seen a single episode of this show, this would be a great way to start!!!