IMDb > "Army Wives" (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Army Wives"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Army Wives" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

A Must Watch!

Author: jjd_0214 from United States
2 July 2007

I absolutely love this show. I'm the wife of a Guardsman but we live very close to Ft. Campbell, Kentucky and more than half of our church is stationed here. I realize that a lot of the comments here discuss technical issues like uniforms and those issues have already been addressed. If the actors went to jail for impersonating officers, we wouldn't have a great show! As far as story lines, exactly as said, it's a TV show first and foremost and it's supposed to be a little exaggerated. As for the show in general, I think it addresses the biggest issue of them all. It's fine and dandy for the country to "Support the troops" and what they do overseas. But no one ever takes into the consideration what the wives and families of these soldiers must sacrifice for the same cause. Year long or better deployments, in harm's way, forced into single parenthood, the worry of ever seeing the man you love alive again. As Claudia Joy Holden said in her speech at the July 4th picnic, "We serve too". And she's absolutely right. I can't tell you how heartbreaking it is to see women at my church week after week, holding their heads high, keeping it together for their children. And yes, they always manage to bring something for our socials! One woman picked up her child in the nursery shortly before her husband was due home from Iraq and said that her 1 year old was excited about seeing his father...for the first time. If that's not sacrifice, I don't know what is. Watch the show and enjoy it. Don't ruin it for yourself by dwelling on the petty things. Realize what you're watching is true life and should really be respected. God bless our troops!

I Disagree- Good Show!

Author: srfrazee from United States
5 June 2007

I disagree with the first review of the show. As an Army Wife myself, I can say that the show was relatively realistic in our portrayal. The plot lines were interesting. Remember, it's only the first show. They're not going to jump into everything at once. Sit back and watch the show develop. While I understand that the first reviewer dealt with Army Wives, he WASN'T an Army Wife. It's an entirely different world. Again, that was the pilot episode. It makes no sense to jump into everything right away. Let the show develop, then decide if you like the show. I personally felt no disservice. Also, you were an officer. Much of the show was based on the Private's wife as she entered the military world. Being an enlisted wife is much different than being an officer's wife. I can safely say this with experience.

Great and accurate show

Author: scrabtree-3 from United States
6 August 2007

I have been on 3 sides of this fight. I have been in the military myself, then I married an enlisted man and finally my enlisted husband became an officer. As for the comments that the "male" officer had to say, all I can say is, you were never a wife. Every wife, both enlisted and officer has their own stories to tell. I can tell you from personal experiences that the show is text book cases for any wife of the military and many husbands of the military. It's a great show that responds well for the wives and children of the military and the experiences and hardships that they face each day. I have watched wives begin affairs or come close to it, I have watched as wives marched in to the commander's office demanding the commander lay off their husband and yes, I have seen officer's wives get differential treatment at a medical facility. The thing to remember, although the military network is a much tighter network, so many of these things also take place in the civilian world...so why would it be so hard to believe?

Great show!

Author: from Philadelphia, PA
17 June 2007

I am also a USMA grad. Unlike a previous poster, I served in Iraq and Afghanistan instead of "rear detachment." Also, unlike him, I am a woman. The problems posed are fairly accurate, especially the problems between the lieutenant colonel wife and her civilian doctor husband, and the problems posed by young enlisted soldiers marrying young women they barely know right before deploying. The only thing I don't agree with is the portrayal that senior officer wives get preferential treatment, for example, in the medical clinic. Then again, I'm a woman, and only a Captain, so who knows, maybe this does happen. I have certainly heard horror stories from my MPs who pulled over a colonel's wife who tries to "pull rank." I am excited to see the rest of the season!

Ali P Philadelphia, PA

Love the show

Author: harleydude1 from United States
19 August 2007

I absolutely love the show. I am retired Air Force, and I also happen to work on the old Navy Base here in Charleston where they film the show. I see them pretty regularly and have always thought Catherine Bell made every show she has been in. I can't wait to run into her somewhere and tell her how much I enjoy her work. It is nice to see the buildings and surroundings where I work every week on TV. The Physical Training field where the son was going through basic training at " Fort Benning" is right on the road to work for me every morning. I am happy to see the old Navy Base being used for something everyone can enjoy.Keep Army Wives here in Charleston for another season!! Love the show...Dave

What Can I Say

Author: Hammerchick77047 from United Kingdom
23 May 2008

This is one of the most realistic and compelling stories.Todays T.V. is so full of things that are realistic. Being a daughter of an Active Duty member means a lot. In the final episode of the 1st season when all the members get deployed my mom and brother cried. Having just gotten our soldier home it was still very emotional. I still found myself in tears and holding my breath when the bomb is showed. Being on a base thing happen that make you ask yourself Why. I though i was safer. No one will ever get the chance to know the feeling of what it is like to have some one leave you and go into danger. Its a hard thing to live with but Army Wives showed others what we deal with on a daily basis. I swear who ever wrote the story did a great job from portraying the enlisted to officer issues to the true service of the line of duty.

Entertaining

Author: missysue78 from Italy
3 July 2008

I think the gossip and cattiness is dead on. The bartender who married an Army guy she knew 4 days...I had to laugh, in real life it would be a stripper. That said, she's one of my favorites. As a former dependent of a retired Marine, a former AF SSgt and now a Air Force wife, I find this show both brutally incorrect and laughably honest. I do agree about the lack of different nationalities. Just when I want to be a cynic about the whole show, I find myself feeling for them because I have been in pretty much all of their shoes. It is just a show, I can forgive the inaccuracies. It's just nice to see the military portrayed as flawed but striving to make the world better.

Exceedied my expectations!

Author: shylovin531 from us
15 August 2008

I had been hearing all the buzz surround this new show called "Army Wives" and just had to check it out! I wasn't expecting to much considering it is on Lifetime. I watched the first episode and it was So-So but then about three or four episodes in I just fell in love! It was completely brilliant. It is one of those shows missing of late on TV clouded by mind-depleting reality horrors! Its one of those rare shows that touches the heart! I think the cast is brilliant and all have great chemistry together! I love Roxy and Pamela and their friendship so much. I will not lie and admit to the fact that Im a sucker for the Roxy and Trevor romance! Its just so sweet and something we all want in life! And not to mention the Drew and Sally have a fierce connection on screen together! Overall for the Type of Show it is and the network it is on I rated it as a Ten! Wildy unexpected that I fell in love! I would Recommend to all!

I Love This Show

Author: krzy2407 from United States
29 July 2007

I personally think that this is one of the best summer shows on TV this season. It's dramatic (but not so much that you just want to call up the writers and be like, yeah that wouldn't happen), can make you cry, laugh and it's something I really look forward to Sunday night. All the characters are really likable and relatable which I really like. Though they are all different from each other they all kind of "mesh" together. Overall, I would definitely recommend this to anyone, it's a show for any generation. Some people are saying that it's very unrealistic in the sense of uniforms and such, but you just have to keep in mind that it's TV, it's never going to be 100% realistic, it never has been and never will be. So yeah, great show in my opinion!!

Sad and keeps you hooked!

Author: Kristinartist79 from Long Island
23 June 2008

Spoilers I love this show; I love the characters; even Joan, who a lot of people might not have liked after what she did (not letting that soldier save that girl) she has a soft kind side to her. I saw a commnet where somebody said they hated her, but she is showing a different side in these later episodeds. It was so sad when Amanda died; I loved her character; she was one of the most innocent, but I believe that was the whole idea, innocent people die in war and terrorist attacks. Poor Geremy; they didn't show him as much after that; the father just mentioned how hard it was for him, which is expected. I was hoping to see his characor more; I guess they kind of took him off the show, or he was unable to do it. When I first saw the episode, I thought she was alive and her mother was taking her to college, but I guess it was supposed to be a surprise ending. I had to watch it twice to get it, but that just shows what a great show it was, that you get hooked even the second time! I mean I would have rather had Betty die, but in the last episode, she showed a kind side, and it seems all of the characors at some point show a good side. Joan did when she told Roxy that her husband was okay and when she decided to keep her baby knowing how much of a good father Roland would be. I loved how in last episode, they showed God on the episode helping Claudia and helping that little boy to help her. It was hysterical seeing that sweet little boy accompany her on a date; in a way he was sort of helping her!

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]