Tony Hawk and the stars of MTVs 'Jackass' race 3000 miles around the world from London to Los Angeles in just 8 days against 120 supercars in the famous Gumball 3000 Rally. '3000 Miles' ...
See full summary »
Tony Hawk and the stars of MTVs 'Jackass' race 3000 miles around the world from London to Los Angeles in just 8 days against 120 supercars in the famous Gumball 3000 Rally. '3000 Miles' follows the action, adventure and Jackass style antics along the way, with fast driving, crashes and sabotage adding to the drama and mayhem. Burt Reynolds eat your heart out! Written by
Truly awful. Better check out Gumball movies on YouTube
Absolutely everything is wrong with this film. And I'm not even touching the ethics of the rally itself and its participants.
1) The direction (if you can call it that) is nowhere to be found.
2) It's badly edited.
3) The soundtrack is worse than that of any random porn movie.
4) The little dialogue there is, is inaudible either because the soundtrack is still playing at full volume (see: badly edited) or because the in-car engine-noise is too loud.
5) The bits that are audible make it abundantly clear that the cast are more talented skaters than comedians. Also, their contempt for the fans lining the streets is despicable.
6) For a movie about a 3000-mile road trip, you would expect some nicely filmed driving action. There is none.
It truly is an achievement to make something that is a lot worse than any home-movie made by your average 18-year neighborhood kids on a road trip would be.
Absolutely only interesting for those who enjoy shakily filmed 1 to 2 second snippets of exotic cars going by. For close to two hours.
For all others, and especially for true Gumball and other road rally fans, this is torture.
Like the summary says, it's much more fun to check out the little movies shot by fans, or by some of the other participants themselves. Much more interesting, much funnier, and MUCH better driving action.
Stay clear of this drivel.
19 of 41 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?